Where can I learn about the actual principles of hypertrophy...

Where can I learn about the actual principles of hypertrophy? Trying to make my own program for the first time and want to know how to tell whether a split is good or not

Attached: artworks-000241396518-xcalrl-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 33.65K)

if you have to ask it means that you're not ready to make your own program. just pick a good full body/PPL/upper lower program and follow that

Depending on how many days a week your planning to work out, do a split with upper/lower, push/pull/legs or a brosplit.
>3-6 sets 6-20 reps
>always level 1-2 reps in the tank, going to failure should be done rarely

As many sets of a compound exercise as possible of 5-8 reps at 60-80% of your 1RM of the same movement + meat + sleep = big consistent gainz.

Add variability, within allowed limits, for taste and per exercise.

This is what a couple years of Any Forums, and gymming, have taught me. There's not much else worth lurking here for except for the occasional meme. Everyone else here is an obese incel bucketcrab freak.

Obviously I'm not ready, you only get ready by learning how to do it. I have an upper/lower program to follow but I want to modify it to be more specific to my goals, which the author of the program encourages

what's your name op?

thats fair,m usually when someone asks something like this it's because the're trying to make their own program from the ground up

his name is Jeff FROM ATHLEAN X DOT COM WHERE THEY PUT THE SCIENCE PACK IN THE FITNESS NOW LET ME TELL YOU WHEY POSTING ON FIT IS KILLING YOUR GAINS

>ive never worked out but let me make my own program
Many such cases

>ive never worked out
not true I've spent 5 months doing SS. I said I'm to make my own program for the first time which really means what I said here Should I just make a new thread with the right question

Ideal rep range for hypertrophy is one where you are only 1-2 reps away from muscular failure

>doesnt know how to make good program
>somehow should know how to distinguish bad program from good program and pick it
kys retard

pirate some programs from /plg/. start running one. read some books about the topic concurrently. try to see patterns in the training - extrapolate from there.

rp periodization has shit on their website and youtube about it

>I've spent 5 months doing SS
Is this supposed to disprove my point?

You accused me of having never worked out before and I said I have been working out for 5 months.

>There's not much else worth lurking here for
Indeed.

Attached: Minimalist full body workout (3 lifts).png (1028x1365, 756.07K)

literally just pick a popular program. it's that simple.

He can pick a program off the wiki you stupid fucking nigger jump off a building FUCK YOU how fucking stupid are you faggot

what wiki

Let's be honest, it probably is.

Here's an overview to get you started
youtube.com/watch?v=IAnhFUUCq6c