1pl8 OHP

How long did it take you to ohp 1pl8? I've been lifting for 6 months and i've stuck at 85 for 5 for a month now

Attached: 6-tips-for-improving-your-overhead-press-header-v2-830x467.jpg (830x467, 56.74K)

Like 2 weeks but i was also fat

checked and truth pilled. The guys on this board telling you 1 pl8 ohp is easy are all fat

Why are fat guys so strong?
Is fat tissue stronger than muscle fibers?

Not stronger but it provides support for muscle fibres(?). And something about "mass moves mass". Admittedly, I've barely researched it so I could be dead wrong.

Like a week

I assume this is 85kg? 85lbs is beyond pathetic unless you were in a coma for 5 years. When I started lifting, my starting OHP was 50kg, and thanks to newbie gains, I could do 80kg for 10 reps after about 8 months. Keep in mind that I have scoliosis too so I have to take extra care.

why is he gripping wide as fuck

increase volume, start doing ohp 2 times a week
EAT MORE

With all the retarded ass shit I've seen people say on this board, I'm convinced nobody here actually lifts, or is juiced to the gills.

Are you lads including the weight of the bar in these numbers? I've used some that are standard 20kg, but some are as light as 12.5kg.

I managed to go to 58.5kg at 168lbs, it became my main focus so all my strength and energy went into pushing that weight up every session. I dropped stuff like bench press for a few days before I did my ohp sessions to make sure I didn't have muscle fatigue.
Lost my progress because Corona killed my smell and taste buds for a year.

That is what I have been doing. Am I not supposed to have a wide grip?

>80kg for 10 reps after about 8 months
Post proof larper

I think it's because all the fat is like supercharging newbee gains with nutrition.
When I started lifting I was fatter than most kids and got way stronger faster. I was like moving up 10lbs a week while they were moving up 2-5lbs on their lifts.
Then took a break from lifting for a year or two and stopped being obese. I wanted to get back into it and invited a friend who was obese and never lifted before to come and start with me. Man he started getting way stronger than me. He was even eating in a calorie deficit and losing weight. Fat is just good at fueling muscles early on anecdotally.

I do shoulder width. Feels much easier on my shoulders and the lift

This is probably why you’ve not been progressing
About shoulder width grip, head back, elbows forward. As you lift move your head forward under the bar and push like a motherfucker up with a straight bar path. I find once you get your head under the bar your body says okay I fucking HAVE to push it up now. Don’t be a dumbass and crush your fucking head though use weight you can actually lift. Don’t lean back so far you’re doing an incline bench press. Just move your head back out the way of the bar when it comes down. I assure you that you’ll press more the first time. Brace your core when you press and push like the fucking ceiling is collapsing in and you have to stop it

These are DYEL numbers. It helps that I am fat as fuck (105kg at 177cm). I have barely any visible muscle definition, but I have become stronger over time. I look like the Björk stalker. Do you really want to see a fat man in a balaklava?

Attached: you're a big guy.png (960x720, 483.03K)

It's like squatting half depth. You decrease your range of motion for literally no reason

1pl8 ohp was the first of 1/2/3/4 i hitm I'd say it took approx 6 months but not actually sure. I've stuggled to get beyond that, however. 65kg 1rm last i tested. I just managed 62.5kg for 5 last week but last rep was a huge grind

kill yourself

1.5pl8 for 10 is 99th percentile of Any Forums

Attached: survey.jpg (681x839, 168.96K)

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 7.36K)

What a load of nonsense. Anybody could achieve these numbers after a year of training at the max. Naim Süleymanoğlu lifted 190kg over his head and he is 147cm and was less than 65kg.

I could do 1pl8 after about a year or so. Hasn't really improved much since, not really doing it often. 75kg/179cm

I wondering what kind of retard juice you're drinking that you saw a pie chart for clean and jerks

I can tell you are a pathetic, loathsome, unlikeable individual whose only notable trait is semi-fitness (or exaggerations about it) and you use this one singular thing to delude yourself into a false sense of superiority over most people. People like you need to be turned into fertilizer asap.

I'm so intimidated! I need a big bear to hold me and keep me safe, are you up to the task?

I am a little bit drunk, so I just had a 10-second glance and came up to my own conclusions. The military press (what I do) is pretty similar to "The Press™" I assume.