NOOOOOOOOOOO MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP YAMEROOOOOOOOOO KONAIDEEEEEEEE

NOOOOOOOOOOO MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP YAMEROOOOOOOOOO KONAIDEEEEEEEE

Attached: anki sneed.png (840x386, 36.27K)

Loool have fun

What motivates you to continue studying?

That's like 40 min max, stop being a bitch

the second I stopped doing this dumb shit and actually read real content, my Japanese actually improved and I don't have living anymore

>What motivates you to continue studying?
Filename
More like 3 hours, I like to carefully read the examples and will repeat things more times than I probably need to

Attached: jap buttocks.jpg (1280x1709, 414.99K)

I have a terrible short term memory. I make zero gains without anki and I hate it

>reading
>ah, I've seen this word a few times, should probably look it up
>see it again 3 min later
>recognize that I just looked it up
>no fucking idea

Soon it will be routine user. I will happily not brush my teeth if I don't feel like it but I'll never skip my daily kanji reps

Attached: cultural differences.png (2185x1773, 135.95K)

>17 months in
>Almost exclusively watch anime now for my "studying"
>Probably add like 50 new words in anki a month just whenever I feel like it
Take the immersion pill (but only after you've built a solid foundation with anki and grammar)

I've been ignoring grammar this whole time even though it impedes my ability to even read a tweet. Every one in a while I'll open tae kim's guide, look at it for maybe half an hour, then close it. Is there another way?

I asked my mommy for Cure Dolly's books for my birthday and I've been doing Anki for a month, how long until I can ascend to immersion and AJATT? 1000 kanji?

Attached: japanese timesink.png (1637x1088, 1.31M)

>how long until I can ascend to immersion
You're already a month behind

>Is there another way?
In my opinion: No.
It kinda sucks but I don't think you're gonna just magically understand grammar anytime soon, seeing as how Japanese grammar is pretty different from English. Once you finish the guide you can start properly reading manga and actually understand what they're saying from then on. Knowing the words is only half of what it takes to understand a sentence.
Of course, eventually you'd understand the grammar if you didn't directly study it, but it'd take several months of mindless reading I'm sure. Hell, the particles alone and the way they interact with specific words is complicated enough to start with.
Just do a chapter of Tae Kim everyday and you'll finish it within a month. And keep in mind that once you finish it, you'll be able to actually get to the fun part.

NOBODY TOLD ME GRAMMAR ACTUALLY MATTERED AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH

Go to Any Forums and see how to properly learn Japanese. Don't use the fucking college method of textbook learning cause it'll be boring as shit AND get you nowhere.
Pretty much: Tae Kim's Grammar Guide + 2k anki deck + lots and lots and lots and lots of immersion

Of course it matters, it dictates the way each and every sentence is formed.
>Sentence each and every is formed of course it matters it dictates the way

>ah yes, SOV, very very naisu, suki da

Attached: japan.png (570x750, 105.81K)

>I've been ignoring grammar this whole time even though it impedes my ability to even read a tweet.

I do not understand.
Are you immersing? Using sentence cards in anki?
I watched like a 20 minute yt vid on basic particle usage when I first started and haven't felt the need to learn more grammar yet. The only thing that prevents me from understanding material is vocab

Outputting? Yeah, no fucking clue, but comprehension isn't an issue

>Outputting? Yeah, no fucking clue, but comprehension isn't an issue
I heard you shouldn't even bother outputting til you have very strong comprehension. How long have you been at it btw?

>Knowing the words is only half of what it takes to understand a sentence.
Hard disagree, it isn't nearly that important if you have a functioning brain.
Ex; The boy's ball is red
Assume you only know the vocab -> boy, ball, red, is

Sure it could be that the "The ball's boy is red", or "The red boy is ball" but those seem pretty fucking unlikely. Of course you won't be certain, but if you keep reading and things stop making sense you know to backtrack and figure out where you fucked up, and then learning happens

Only problem is speaking, if all you have is vocabulary, good luck conversing with natives without looking like David-kun

But that's a super simple sentence.
When it comes to something more complex, it can definitely be hard to keep track of certain factors if you don't understand the grammar.
Also if you don't understand grammar then you won't be able to form a proper sentence. Studying grammar rather than relying 100% on immersion just cuts the time down as well, so imo you should just do it at the very start and get it over with.