Become antifragile, Any Forums

Become antifragile, Any Forums

Attached: image800.jpg (451x620, 25.88K)

Reminder that Taleb claims that "maximizing" anything is bad, and that the ideal human is well balanced (unexceptional), despite that he maximized for Academic work, and only criticizes people who maximized in fields that are not his own.

Le deadlift Arab

>Arab

Yes

Attached: 824.png (1037x2242, 678.1K)

KEK, you know he just blindly ignores all the evidence for racism, even as he puts out data to further prove it.

In his rebuttal of IQ, he criticized neo-nazis for using IQ due to it being a bad measure for intelligence, he however showed that it is only good at showing unintelligent. He conveniently misses the point that black people in IQ tests are shown on average to be very unintelligent (which he shows that IQ tests are an accurate measure for unintelligent), but IQ tests shows american jews as very intelligent (which he shows IQ tests are a bad measure for intelligence). So if anything he makes an argument that supports neo-nazi claims, showing that jews aren't actually smarter, but that black people are stupider. Of course he never will come to this conclusion, even though he puts out an argument that makes people come to this conclusion. I suspect he himself is a Mediterranean supremacist, and dislikes white supremacists because they won't include him in their group.

He's more of a trader, isn't he? I don't think he's very respected by academia.

>gets so butthurt by reviews that he writes an entire book to criticize reviwers
>antifragile

He made money from trading, he's known because of Academia.

He's not respected by academia mostly by two factions. 1. Social Scientists, because he made popular books that heavily criticized their fields using statistics, and exposes the vast majority of their "research" for the fraud that it is. 2. Statisticians, because they are upset that he got fame for discrediting lots of social scientists using some pretty basic level statistics (for statistics majors) and because he criticizes a lot of them for their more "advanced statistics" which is also largely fraudulent. Outside of these fields he is pretty well respected, as well as he is respected amongst those who seek change in the social sciences to move it closer to being more just philosophical and logic, as opposed to being filled with fraudulent "quantitative methods".

Get in losers. We're gonna get some hip drive and fat tails.

Attached: TalebRip.jpg (1024x768, 124.84K)

Bless Taleb, I try to become more antifragile everyday based on his words.

Phoenician bros I don’t feel too good…

Attached: EA33FE22-78DE-4443-AB54-83A9E04E0A6D.jpg (1074x1261, 246.74K)

antifragile? just call yourself durable, its an actual word and doesnt make you sound gay

antifragile isn't the same as durable

oh I should launch a holy war on fine china?

It's a different concept. Something can be durable but "fragile". Antifragile means something is designed to break and then come back stronger.

I thought it just meant things that have withstood the test of time and are still around since forever

No, although antifragile things are more likely the withstand the test of time. Like your body is "antifragile" to an extent, even if it is weak because the more you stress it the stronger it becomes. Until you stress it to a point where it breaks and then suffers permanent damage.

You’re (of course) retarded. He says IQ doesn’t mean success and how MENSA is full of retards. You could have even looked at the photo on said article instead of your tl;dr of faggotry.
Being respected by academia doesn’t mean anything. I don’t respect them.

>ideal human is well balanced (unexceptional)

I don't think a "well balanced" human is unexceptionable- most people suck ass at nearly everything except for one or two things they're halfway adequate at, so having someone be competent in a wide variety of fields really would be the exception.

In any event, if you're going to go BEYOND being really good at something to try to be THE BEST, often that doesn't offer great prospects.

Trying to be THE BEST at bodybuilding instead of just a well built dude is kind of an ass pursuit- you have to take ass loads of drugs, completely dedicate yourself to it at the expense of anything else, eat ass foods most times and if you aren't THE Mr Universe/Olympia, hardly ANYONE gives a shit about you.

So yeah his position makes sense

Hi Taleb, form your article.

>“IQ” is a stale test meant to measure mental capacity but in fact mostly measures extreme unintelligence (learning difficulties)

>The argument by psychologists to make IQ useful is of the sort: who would you like to do brain surgery on you/who would you hire in your company/who would you recommend, someone with a 90 IQ or one with 130 is ...academic. Well, you pick people on task-specific performance, which should include some filtering. In the real world you interview people from their CV (not from some IQ number sent to you as in a thought experiment), and, once you have their CV, the 62 IQ fellow is naturally eliminated.

The average IQ of Sub-Saharan Africa is 66, so do you think that at 66 IQ it is not "extreme unintelligence"?

>don't do anything exceptional because you have to make sacrifices.
The reason it is exceptional in the first place is because you have to make sacrifices for it, and it is part of humans coping with modernity that some people will behave this way. It is childlike to look at someone who does something exceptional and think its bad because it doesn't fit the "ideal" model you built in your own head, as opposed to appreciating what they did showing the limits of human capability.

he's a goddamn hack, I feel ripped off even though I read that book in the store and put it away

>Contemplate the declining marginal returns of any pursuit
>Generally speaking, competence/mere excellence but not the best will result in the best outcomes once opportunity costs are accounted for

Yep. Like seriously though. I'm not talking about clapping your hands and doing well and trying hard.

I'm literally talking about the prospect of being THE BEST. Putting EVERYTHING into being THE BEST at something. That's an ASS idea for most people.