Redpill me on farmers walk, is it just for lazy people who don't want to do more dynamic exercises?

redpill me on farmers walk, is it just for lazy people who don't want to do more dynamic exercises?

Attached: 2019-menshealth-formcheck-ep37-farmerscarry-ms-editorinitials-v1-stringout-00-11-21-15-still004-1568231680.jpg (1920x1080, 104.05K)

I live in an area where the people have naturally big forearms because they're genetically inclined to get big and fat with big arms
So I use farmer's walks with everything else so I can have massive popeye arms

Attached: 1645927329972.jpg (1157x987, 238.89K)

They're a great grip and cardio builder. Practical too for those who have to move heavy things around.

Meme exercise

It also improves grip strength since farmer's walks pull with your fingers for grip
You won't get a more forceful grip, just be able to grip longer and harder
For reference, 100 lb total farmer's walk should be possible for anyone but lanklets
Wristlet detected

I need something better and heavier to use for mine. I've been using 45lb weights but the "grip" isn't the best shape

My gym had those precise weight barbells where its exactly 100 pounds or something stupid like that, I think they're primarily for curls.
You can absolutely use barbell for farmer's walks but you need to be more conscious of your back form so you dont hunch over

I've recently started doing them for 1-1:30 min holds with short rest for about 30 seconds. It's really underrated, you'll obviously feel the burn in your forearms and hands but the next day my core is usually really sore. It also works all the small muscles in my ankles and feet (i do them barefoot).

Kettle bells are nice. I tried to use barbells and they kept hitting my hips by smacking the bone. I have really large hips for a guy.

Lazy? This shit is more exhausting than anything else.
Wanne cry when doing them

Verification not required.

It's an exercise for fat people that think they're strong.

if you start doing heavy trap bar farmerwalks you will be surprised at how much your traps will grow.

Sorry, not a dumbbell I mean I use a plate with cutouts like this and I wear metal cutting gloves with to pad it out and widen the grip

Attached: 26f3573a-4503-4e53-8f0c-d4b345258a97_2.2dcdf9d5bb7583e911864261affb61ed.jpg (3000x3000, 1.98M)

thats a sick quick release wheel bro

Superset with deadlifts for a core workout like no other.

I love a good kettle bell farmers walk with some shrugs for the traps inbetween laps.

>can only do 45 lbs for 60 seconds
A-user, how much do you weigh?

Yeah it looks a lot like the advan wheels lol

I never said 60 seconds that was another poster. I don't time myself and go until failure but want more weight

Well, it's your workout, but most people do it for 60 seconds for 3 sets with a 1-2 minute rest in between.

Go heavier faggots
Aim for bodyweight per hand for about 20m

I'd need more weight for that. I'm poor and doing what I can with the little equipment I have.