My job is ruining my health

I started my internship at a bulge bracket investment bank 3 weeks ago and so far
>80hrs a week of working
>takeout every meal
>sitting a good deal of the time
>5-6hrs of sleep
>50mg of Dexedrine everyday to stay sharp
There's no way to stay Any Forums is there?

Attached: 6DEC9C65-C7EC-4EE6-B66B-04B0A65CC183.png (750x1334, 2.13M)

If there's a will, there's a way
You don't need to do a lot. You can't do 20 minutes of cardio a day and lift weights for 40 minutes at least 3 times a week?

You should find a way to fix your sleep tho. At least 7 hours

Haha

80hrs at a BB? That’s normal. It’s only going to get worse. Best of luck when your VP demands you turn pitch book comments at 3am on a Sunday, then doesn’t read them until Wednesday.

My advice: get the fuck out whilst you can. It’s a dying industry. Consultants and tech bros are making just as much as you with half the hours.

Sounds awful bro. In general you have two options:

1. Tough it out for a set duration after which you will change your priorities to make up for your health/fitness losses

2. Implement realistic and sustainable practices alongside your current work schedule

Ideally you'd want to go for #2, since poor health will inevitably sabotage your attainable level of mental performance. But depending on what is required for your internship and what it will lead to hitting it hard for a few months might be necessary, only you can answer that.

I strongly recommend doing whatever you can to get at least 7 hours of quality sleep, meal prep when you have time for your week's meals, stand up and pace whenever you can to help with blood flow.

You should contact people who have gone through your internship to see how they managed and succeeded too.

Best of luck

I've worked in M&A at an elite boutique from An1 to As2. You're pretty cucked as an intern but just grind out the 7 remaining weeks and when you come back for FT:
-get a standing desk, pay yourself if your company won't reimburse, Costco has nice cheap ones
-get basic workout equipment at home, in your apartment. I use adjustable dumbells and a bench, can also add a cardio bike or treadmill
-work from home at night and on weekends so you can shower, lift, eat, brush teeth while waiting for comments or on conference calls instead of sitting at your desk and waiting. This helps a lot with getting more sleep

Industry is not dead, still highest paying job out of undergrad by far and fastest salary ramp if you can survive. Consultants & lawyers make ~half what we do and have equally bad lives. And get less pussy lol

I can try to do 20 minute of elliptical in the morning before work. I have to, I feel like shit not working out. On the weekend I have a bit more time for weights. I'll do a full body on Sundays.
I'm going to do this for a year or two and then go into corporate development (maybe PE?).
Last week I worked 90hrs and it was exciting but definitely taxing.
Also, the problem with consulting is that you travel a ton to clients right? I'd rather die than be at airports all day.
Thanks man, solid post
You're still at that EB? The hours at EB are fucking bonkers, a buddy of mine is at Liontree and they're working him like a dog.
I have to be in the office M-F. Saturday and Sunday of course at home so my lifestyle is a bit better here (moving around more, elevated desk) etc...

This is your punishment for the sin of Greed, user.

Girls don’t give a shit if you’re in IB, Consulting or Law. You’re a suit with money in their eyes.

Salary ramp is shite and always has been since they capped bonuses. You’ve got tech bros pulling 200k + equity for 40 hrs weeks, MBB entries pulling 250k total comp with much more valuable exits (who the fuck wants an IB analyst to go into product, what’s he gonna do, DCF all day?)

IB will only pay if you’re willing to sacrifice everything else AND roll the dice on getting MD.

Since when is working hard a sin?

1. Finance has no salary cap.
2. IB has the best exits

You want to exit to PE? Fine, but PE is IB 2.0. Calmer downtime, sure. But when a deal is on, you will be living in the office. Carry? Good luck with those 5 year golden handcuffs.

It’s fine if you want to go down this route, but you need to properly understand what you’re getting into. It’s not the 90s anymore. The grand dreams of banking have died and shifted to tech. If you’re willing to work like a dog for a middle class lifestyle that you can’t enjoy and a family that resents you because you have no free time, that’s a choice and I’m not knocking it, but know what you’re getting into.

Re corp dev, better exits from MBB

If the dream of being rich leads you to destroy your body, your relationships and your life in pursuit of it, then that dream isn't in alignment with what is objectively good for you and those around you. The natural result of pursuing such a goal is suffering, and that's why it's a sin. Sins are nothing more than things which will turn your life to shit if you do them.
You waste your best years in a job like that and earn a lot of money in the process, and what do you get at the end? A big house, a vapid braindead bitch of a wife who's only with you for your money and a couple of useless kids who you can't even relate to. Everyone you previously knew and loved will be gone, and they'll resent you for thinking you were better than them.

Depends where you are. There is a cap in the EU. You should know this if you worked in IB even if you’re not in the EU, otherwise your lack of awareness means I wouldn’t trust your opinion on exits.

Based.

Don't quit if you're in M&A, that is retarded. And you do have time to work out dude. You can work 80 hours a week, sleep 8 hours, meal prep, work out 4x per week and not take any drugs. If you just started it then the transition will be rough but it's not impossible to stay healthy.

Find someone who looks fit and worked there a while and tell them your issue. If ur rly at a big place , then usually they have gym and fitness expense items. Then go at lunch or 5 am

Attached: 1593890489794.jpg (850x400, 47.6K)

MBB has better exits to almost any industry and role than IB.

t. former BCG

This - put your work in and get the exp; by being selected you are among the elite that globohomo has chosen , even tho you are just an unimportant cog; just figure out a way

Thank you fellow consultant, they just don’t know

Very interested as well, Started an internship in a magic circle law firm and i can't work-out it's driving me crazy. How do ?

Cuck

I'm not the one allowing his body and soul to get fucked for the pleasure of billionaires, user.

good goy.
mr schekelberg is very thankful :)