/running general/

How long should my runs be at maximum? I really enjoy long easy runs (in the 15-25km range) since I can go early in the morning and just put my body on cruise control and enjoy seeing the city slowly wake up and sightseeing a bit. But I'm not sure if it's healthy to do a 25km run every weekend, as I heard running longer than 2 hours wrecks your immune system. What are Any Forums's thoughts on this?

Attached: 1649214444842.jpg (976x850, 57.9K)

if it wrecked YOUR immune system you wouldn't find it really enjoyable.

If it wrecked your immune system it would be enforced onto you by the government.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH I'M ROOOOOOONIIIIIIIING

I love running, bros. My friends and family think I'm a masochist.

Just finished a 21k run with 2 x 5k uptempo intervals.
Love roooooooning, simple as

Attached: pepe-tux-champagne.jpg (986x995, 153.63K)

Currently I'm running about 50-55mpw preparing for a 6 hour endurance run. Yesterday I ran 19 miles today I'm gonna hit 13 miles I think with my local running club. I've been doing back to back long runs to stack lots of mileage on the weekend when I have time. Usually this means I'll run for 4-5 hours cumulatively on the weekend. I've been running for a few years and have run a few races and marathons and haven't been sick since I started running. Everyone says shit will kill you or whatever but nothing makes me feel better or makes me happier. Just enjoy it.

Good morning sirs. Where my other stairfags at?

Attached: file.png (1000x667, 1.6M)

Nah that's okay. Do you lift targeting lower body? You need to be well conditioned to handle high mileage or else there's chance of injury

Swimming>cycling>running in terms of cardio.

Glad that we're all in agreement on this one.

Steady state cardio is a meme. Unless you enjoy eating tons of food every day I wouldn't advise it. There are better uses of calories, like fasting periods.

Runs should be short and maximum intensity, 5 sprints with 3 minute resting in between each, 3 times a week, that's all you need.

No. Walking is king (for cardio). You can go on for hours without getting tired.

For high intensity, either of the ones you mentioned is good, but sprinting is king.

pretty based for high intensity short duration

>sprinting is king
>when uphill weighted mountain bike sprints are a thing

Attached: 1655522224990.png (516x917, 809.58K)

You kind of are. You're breaking down your body for the pleasure of the runners high

>Steady state cardio is a meme. Unless you enjoy eating tons of food every day I wouldn't advise it. There are better uses of calories, like fasting periods.
Post RHR (you won't)

based mongols, I have yet to achieve that level of keto, it's hard to give up carbs

Usually around 40. Why?

Just drop refined sugar and don't eat starchy veggies.

I can't sleep if I go without carbs for 3-4 days. Sleep time is not negotiable

Post it then. You do have some proof of your RHR don't you?

and yes I don't do either sneed oils or processed shit

mine's 15bpm

that's insane, I don't believe you

ever had a go at doing split squats up a long flight of stairs? It fucks my shit up every time I tell ya hwat

Attached: 1535193120431.jpg (400x400, 18.3K)

>split squat
How does that even work? You mean just skipping steps?

Yeah you skip a step and let the knee of the other leg touch the skipped stair. Then proceed to the next stride

Attached: file.png (512x372, 11.82K)