/fat/ - "He's a growin' boy" edition

Fat Loss General

>Who is /fat/ for?
For mayonnaise mammoths who are working towards a better physique through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication. This is not QTDDTOT, stick to questions on fat loss. Post height and weight when asking for advice.
Join our Fatty Contest: fattycontest.com/

>What do I do first?
1. Read physiqonomics.com/fat-loss/
2. Calculate your Body Fat Percentage: fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
3. Calculate your TDEE: sailrabbit.com/bmr/
Remember to use bodyfat% and use Katch-McArdle Formula with sedentary settings or your TDEE will be too high.
4. Plan your weight loss: losertown.org/eats/cal.php
5. Track your nutrition with MyFitnessPal (better for packaged food), Cronometer (better for generic food/macros) or LoseIt (great for both).

>Now what?
Count calories, all of them.
Eat about 500-1000 less calories than your TDEE.
Buy scales, be accurate.
Learn to cook. Try to stick to lean protein and green vegetables.
Eat a lot of protein. 1g per lb of goal lean body mass.
Doing cardio, even just walking, will improve your health. There is no such thing as a healthy fat heart, but you can offset the risks.
Lifting weights will keep and gain muscle mass and burn fat much quicker. No lifting results in the body burning away muscle AND fat.
Drink more water.
Read the Any Forums sticky: liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>DON'T
Eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calories.
Eat processed foods.
Drink your calories (alcohol, soda, starbucks).
Freak out over a weight loss stall. Plateaus can last up to three weeks.
"Reward" yourself. Cheat days cheat only yourself.
Be a retard.

>Other resources:
Loose skin, gyno & stretch marks: weight-loss-side-effects.netlify.app/
Reddit wiki: reddit.com/r/loseit/wiki/faq

Previous thread:

Attached: ducks_and_nuns_peas.jpg (2048x1152, 379.65K)

>start managing a new team
>one of my employees is on birth leave so i never met her
>i schedule a fun team event and invite her
>i show up first before everyone
>she texts me that she's here
>trying to find her but there's lots of unrelated people there, and i need glasses real bad, so it takes a while
>finally i find her
>realize she's been looking at me this whole time but didn't realize it's me
>she says "oh i didn't guess it was you, you look much different than your whatsapp profile picture
>it was taken 1 year ago and since then i gained 15kg of pure fat
>fun day ruined
th-thanks

the next day was also ruined when they shared an album of the photos they took that day, i really really let myself go bros

just to think that only 1 year ago i used to get compliments from strangers on my physique almost daily and women would constantly hit me up. shit is depressing

Hair loss general

Log every calorie that passes your lips; you can undo the damage.

thanks friend, it's what i'm doing. 3kg down, like 17 to go...

Fatty Contest
PeakedIn2010
96.6kg

Fatty contest
Faustus

wagmi

6'3'' does from 250+ now 235ish.

Keto is doing it for me. Once I got off the carbs I stopped getting hungry. Switched into intermittent fasting without much effort once the hunger change. Habit just followed I dont get hungry till the afternoon and now im down to a 4-6 hour window.

im gonna make blood pancakes now
135 grams of protein per 1600 kcal including the frying butter

Attached: 1653247965605.gif (990x900, 2.04M)

well done man, keto really helps to overcome food addiction but I think we should eventually go back to consume moderate and healthy amounts of carbs, not zero all the time
Keto is great to reset your hunger, ive lost 15lbs in 3 months doing low carb too, and I think it works great when we are landwhales to get off the weight fast (im 6ft1, 240 now) but I dont want the long term effects like hairloss

Do you plan sticking to keto longterm?

Attached: 1609230167699.jpg (1713x667, 184.35K)

Did you guys ever succeed in convincing your parents to change their diet?
The doctrine on hating on fats and proteins are too strong ingrained in their brain

Attached: 1651198174305.jpg (591x735, 219.06K)

imagine being a fatass who has lost only 10 pounds by following Any Forums shitposts and thinks they can give nutrition advice to other people

rude!

my pops fasts weekly and my ma does keto now, is a shitlord but he has an element of truth, success speaks and your body is your testament...if you want people to listen give them a real proof

Fatty contest
Cap
167.8 lb

Let's gooo going down again. Fuck creatine until I'm ready to bulk proper, shit set me back a month. Oh well, at this rate I should be at GW in early fall.

based

Attached: 1629825470777.jpg (793x540, 89.73K)

Honestly just having read the sticky is a better understanding of nutrition and exercise than most normies will get in their lives. My parents still think salt bad but will drink sugary drinks and eat desserts daily, then wonder why they're fat, and then my mom will ask me if she can reduce her stomach fat my doing crunches. At least my dad has a better understanding of "just fucking eat less" but he never sticks to it.

My mother actually listen to some of my advice and share some of my dishes but my father is a lost cause, he loves reheated foods and sugar.
Thanks for the advice

Steaming and frying vegetables saved my life.

Every morning I just eat a big plate of vegetables. Baked beans, onions, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, mushrooms, jalapenos, boy do I love vegetables.

What's your ideal plate of vegetables look like? Mine might be steamed peas and carrots, fried mushrooms, and baked beans with onions and jalapenos.

i think i am about to manage to get my mom who complains about constant fatigue to eat less candy and ice cream and at least 100 g meat, 1 egg and a glass of milk every day

Attached: dazpwg6azxxl.jpg (425x594, 73.34K)

>my father is a lost cause,
dont think that user, people can be very surprising and even those who seem to be never listening have cathartic moments where they become willing to break with established habits, just keep at it, but not pestering and remember each persons life is their own to live.
>Thanks for the advice
np bruder

Attached: 1653278256769.jpg (4278x2424, 2.39M)

I started tracking calories yesterday and ate at a 1500 calorie deficit. Is that sustainable - I have absolutely no energy this morning.

5'11 180lbs trying to get down to 165.