Bros I want to go the gym but Im embarrassed
I was thinking of doing Stronglifts
Im a weak oussy so Id start with just the bar

Im scared that people will laugh at me or mock me for being a weak cunt

I also would be going alone so I think Id be very awkward

Any tips?
I really hate my body and I want to change it do the gym is the only option

Thanks bros

Attached: 961CAC06-191D-49EA-A140-2FFBA0575DB6.jpg (588x473, 93.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1FN6ovYpkoM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Get to a really high bridge or house and sit on the edge. So close to the abyss that you feel that "if you fuck one step ill be dead" and just sit there for a moment. After that you get off from it and rethink. Everyone dies so there is no need to be embarrassed or shy on anything. Just there is no reason to not do anything if you keep death in your mind.

everyone at the gym was in your position at some point. maybe just get a personal trainer to show you how to do everything correctly.

just go. after you do it once it will be easy. no ones going to laugh or anything. most people go there alone. everyone was weak when they started. in just a few months you will have improved so much. seeing your body change will make you feel great. just go.

You shouldn't worry about what other people think of you at the gym, you're there for yourself, not for others. Plus, everyone has been a beginner at some point, so there is no shame in using low weights. Plus, most people don't actually care about others at the gym, and just focus on what they're doing, so don't worry about it.

Literally no one will even notice that you exist, dude. Most people don't even pay attention to others in the gym, anyway, unless you stand out, which YOU don't, btw. Stop being so insecure.

Worst thing that will happen is the gym boomer will detect your new and start chatting with you and showing you how it's done. Just go bro it's OK.

Getting a personal trainer is a good tip. I remember I was just as scared as OP when I wanted to join a gym, but having a personal trainer made everything much easier. After 2-3 weeks I didn't need personal training anymore and everything went smoothly from then on. There is no need to be scared of anything, to be honest. There are so many dyels, fatties and overall weird people who just want to better themselves, so it's only natural to be weak-ish at first. I, myself, started almost all of my exercises with just the bar, when I first went to the gym.

Good luck, OP and don't be scared of anything, please!

If you are worried about lacking of strenght try working out with what you got, do some pusch ups, pullups etc, improvise. you will develop starting position and gain confidence, you may also just like doing that
Also no one cares, you are just starting out

Bro stop thinking that gym is full of Any Forums autists who larp that they bench 4 plates.
Majority of the people there are weak or weaker than you and just want to improve their fat/skinny bodies.

How will you ever get strong if you're too much of a pussy to even go to the gym? If you want to make it, step 1 is to stop being a little bitch OP. Just go and own that shit nigger

I would advise against browsing Any Forums, first of all.

Fitizens are of two main breeds: Gymbros that rely on the low self-esteem and politesse of others to convince themselves they're well liked, and DYELS who struggle to go to the gym consistently because they're hypersensitive about the judgment of the gymbros. In the literature this is called "grandiose" and "vulnerable" narcissism, respectively.

Most people who go to, say, a YMCA will be there for general health and fitness. They will likely be normal, mentally healthy, people, and you will find most of them are fairly free from pretensions or judgement. Once you get out in the world and interact with people you begin to understand basically everyone who browses Any Forums are, universally, either pitied or derided. And don't take this too personally because I know I'm no exception.

>Im a pussy
do you want to have sex with me?

If I notice someone at the gym is clearly out of shape or lifting really light (not that I scan the room or anything like a sociopath), it inspires me to lift harder and do my best. Starting is hard, recovering from injuries is hard, and it'll always be harder than whatever shitty .5kg increment I'm trying to grind out. Seeing people at the gym becoming masters of their own destinies is always impressive. Unless they're doing some insane, obviously made-up workouts... then it's funny and impressive. Just keep studying the fit lit, get serious about your diet and don't snap your back. Nobody is watching and everyone wants you to make it.

Underrated.
Don't do it though (the bridge part)

Start working out at home with some basic equipment. Don't go all in, just get some dumbbell handles and enough plates to grow into in a couple of months.

Start out with just the empty handles and follow 10 minute endurance videos from YouTube, like this:
youtu.be/1FN6ovYpkoM

You will be sore the next day. Branch out and do others too, do these every couple of days and eat lots of protein.
After a month you will have
>basic knowledge of terms
>basic knowledge of movements
>actual interest in getting better, seeking out more
>a favourite lift or two and you know the names

You will feel better about going to a gym, less embarrassed, more like you belong. You might even decide to go all in on a home gym.

The only thing that I notice in the gym is chick's asses. I might look around and see what someone is lifting but I don't think anything of it and either way you shouldn't care. No one is going to bug you and you don't have to interact with anyone .. just keep your head phones in and focus on lifting.

Buy a sub-100kg barbell and some weights for home gym, don't need much to ad hoc a bench and rack, deadlift, learn to ohp, row. Then when you're confident enough, go gym.

cocaine

Attached: cocainum (1).jpg (500x500, 34K)

Most people at the gym are super chill in my experience. Just make sure to wipe down machines you use and time your rest periods.

I felt like that at the beginning, but the lifts on SL5x5 aren't complex so you should get them down real quick, if looking stupid due to bad form is a worry for you. You also shouldn't be embarrassed to start with the bar, and you don't look stupid without any weight added, in fact most people use just the bar as a warmup set so you see people squatting/benching bar only all the time. No one will bat an eye, and even if they do, they will not give a fuck about you.

no one cares what you look like

this
even if they cared they will look at you in a good way if you are actually doing something to improve

Did this (train tracks) and it changed my life. Once I realized I was too pussy to kms, I had to face life