It's father's day Any Forums

How did your father help with you with Any Forumsness? My father borrowed some dumbbells from a friend of his to get me started, bought me my first pl8s, and together we welded my own bench and stands.

Attached: 228821.jpg (660x371, 29.99K)

He didn't. He's kind of pathetic. My grandfather too.
It's up to me to fix how my descendants see our family line.

Attached: 1594760212250.jpg (693x798, 99.88K)

My dad is an alcoholic loser who i have beaten up more than once.

My father has no job, lays on the couch watching TV all day and pours a shot of bourbon every hour. I lift and workout EVERY SINGLE DAY!

>Was really chubby as a kid
>Made fun of constantly at school
>Dad decides to help
>He first decides I need a picture of my current fat self shirtless for progress photos
>So ashamed of my body I break down and cry as he tries to take the photo. Refuses to let me skip the photo until my mom intervenes.
>Starts making me go on nightly runs with him
>Absolutely hate running but feel more guilty that I was slowing him down
>Eventually get to a point where I can keep a steady pace and don't mind running as much
>Fat begins to basically fall off from the running and growth spurt from puberty shifting the weight
>In high school I join Cross Country team
>I'm slow as fuck but can run the 5k without stopping
>Dad is there at every meet, running from each opening in the woods to the other to shout words of encouragement
>Joined the military
>As part of the graduation from basic training, every training squadron does a formation run with a part of it going by stands of friends and family
>Dad was able to spot me running by and apparently started weeping uncontrollably
>Whenever I'm back home I always go on nightly runs around the neighborhood with him
>He's much older now and very slow, but I can tell he's putting in 120% effort to maintain pace with me

I started lifting earlier this year and won't be home until spring of next year. I want to workout as much as possible to surprise my family with my progress. I don't think I've ever told my Dad how much impact he had; going to make it a point to properly thank him next time I see him.

My father got me a personal trainer at 15 and had a really expensive gym built in our house. I got a bit stronger after a year, but I never really liked it, and I was fat, so I kinda just stopped working out.
5 years pass and my father loses all our money and dies. Another 5 years after that and I get into fitness.

I've been to the gym every day for the past 2 years. I hate how I squandered the past opportunities.
If I was given a linear progression strength routine I would have loved it. Instead my bodybuilder trainer made me do random gay shit like leg press, bench variations, gay cable shit and abs.
We also didn't have barbells, only a smith machine, which didn't help.

Based. Fuck rest days.

Father's day was on the 27th of May

he killed himself when i was 4 my brother showed me :/

My dad helped me with telling to work out, taking me to boxing and MMA classes and going to a walks with me.
After that i got more into lifting on my own, running and bodyweight stuff is still important part of my workouts.
But my dad recently stopped caring about everything and stopped pretending, he never was a "good" and caring dad or husband from what i saw and see, was constantly lying to me and mom
Now he is just sitting in front of a computer and watches conspiracy theories all his free time or goes to a job while he never helps around house cuz he is "making money for us" (like he is only one working in our house)
He started my fitness journey but i know he did pretty much nothing besides that, i cant rely on him, hes lazy and making everyone angry with his bs
He was my hero while i was a kid, now i see his flaws and i know he would hate me if he knew that im bi (he became conservatic af lastly cuz of conspiracy theories)
Thanks for reading my blog, will go lift rn

Attached: 1655454310614.jpg (640x960, 236.81K)

That's a beautiful story user, you're the kind of son most men wish they had. Call your pa and thank him

My dad has never lifted. He's tall like me, but he was never a big man.
He is a strong man.
Everything I do is to be half the man he is.

Attached: duty.jpg (1075x1075, 253.47K)

he tells me "working out is dumb and gay" and that instead i should chop firewood and work at a construction site "like a real man"

My father passed away a couple of weeks ago. He always supported me with working out and now that he's gone I always remember he saying to me how big I was getting,to motivate myself. I miss him so much.

his last bullshit made me call my mom and ask if she is really 100% he is my father.

He told me that I shouldn't lift weights and only do calisthenics because lifting weights is bad for you.
Actual gains goblin, he's Auschwitzmode himself but wiry strong after working construction I guess. His back is fucked, doesn't understand that going to the gym might fix it and definitely prevent more damage because he's still working. Live and learn I guess.

Don't remind me I'm already dreading the phone call.

>How did your father help with you with Any Forumsness?
Constantly bully me and bodyshame me ever since I was 8
P.S. he still bullies me to this day, i'm 18 now, he won't stop until I look like Arnold Schwarzenigger or sumn, so... :/

omg i'm so sorry user, hope you're doing fine

Attached: crying pepe.gif (498x437, 63.59K)

This

My father kept telling me that fitness and sports are for fags and real man drink beer and work overtime daily.

>when rock bands fans grew up, had kids and teaching them that being an alcoholic and a wage slave is cool

Attached: 1593890489794.jpg (850x400, 47.6K)

>I will pretend that the thing I prefer to do is manlier than the thing that I don't want to do

Ari's son was wacked by the feds and Ari died shortly after :^(

What kind of job does your father have? It's different working OT in construction or landscaping versus, like, as the local obviously alcoholic cashier at the dollar store.