/fast/ - Fasting General

>How do I fast/ safely do an extended fast?
It's easy! Just DON'T EAT. Anything with calories will break your fast - consume artificial sweeteners and zero-calorie drinks such as black coffee/ tea, Diet Coke, etc. at your own discretion.
If you're planning to fast for any longer than 72 hours, take your fucken' salts. Take Snake Juice*, or supplement electrolytes.

*SNAKE JUICE RECIPE:
2L Water
1tsp Potassium chloride
1tsp Sodium chloride
( OPTIONAL ): 1tsp Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) - makes its taste less hellish, recommended for longer fasts.
( OPTIONAL ):1tsp Magnesium
Mix and sip it throughout the day, don't drink all of it at once.
>What's IF/ OMAD/ ADF?
IF = Intermittent Fasting; fasting daily with a shorter eating window. 16:8 (16 hour fast, 8 hour eating window) is the minimum cycle. Beginners should start with this and gradually work their way up to longer fasts through weekly intervals.
OMAD = One Meal a Day, most commonly eaten within a one-hour maximum timeframe.
ADF (OMEOD) = Alternate Day Fasting. Fast for a day, eat for another, repeat.
>What are rolling 48s/72s/96s?
Rolling 48s entail fasting for 48 hours following a meal, refeeding (within a one-hour window), and repeating. It's the same senitment with rolling 72s/ 96s/ etc. It's recommended to refeed at your TDEE or higher with a low-carb and high-protein/fat content meal.

( Extra )
>How much weight will I lose per week?
It's dependant on your TDEE and stats; for each respective day you fast, you expend your TDEE. Universally, one pound of fat is 3500kcals.
(TDEE x average days fasted per week) / 3500 = lbs lost per week. Divide by 2.205 to convert to kilos.
TDEE CALCULATOR: tdeecalculator.net/

>Which fasting app do I use?
Install the free Life Fasting app and search John Boot in the circles tab to join the Any Forums group.

If you're hungry, go on a walk. It's that simple.

Attached: 1604438242489.jpg (720x710, 49.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

losertown.org/eats/cal.php
youtu.be/J6Yem2T2r2M
youtu.be/PjOsLY1e0S0
reddit.com/r/Dryfasting/comments/vceele/from_270lbs_to_140lbs_in_6_months_thanks_to_dry/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tasty ideas to break my 96 hour fast tomorrow? If I find calf liver at Safeway tomorrow, I might make some liverwurst(ish). Alternatively, a Costco Pepperoni Pizza. Or if I feel in the mood might roast some pork ribs.

No real restrictions, just has to be tasty and cheap. I got the idea to do a chanko nabe from a previous fast thread and it was ok so hook me up again.

What do we think about Coles bacon and cucumber/pickle diet? Thinking about doing that + dry fasting on weekend. I cant stomach snake juice

Sex while fasting, any experiences?

Never had any problem having sex while fasting. Granted I'm talking about 3 days fast.

Would it be possible to go from 110 to 80kg by September 30?

losertown.org/eats/cal.php

Cool tool, thanks

Checked, and welcome back fastingbros

Will rolling 72s damage my metabolism?

Forgot to mention if I eat enough protein on the non fast days

yes, you will break the law of thermodynamics and not expend energy

just get to fasting fatass

Sure thing :)

Everybody's calories out/TDEE changes differently to different diets, but 'damaging' metabolism is not a thing.

100%

do no more than 2 x 36 hour fasts a week

Quite the opposite. Fasting is better for your metabolism because when you reduce calories, your BMR will adjust to the scarcity of food. If you shock the body with fasting, it will not adjust to that same condition, as instead it will initially cannibalize glucose from your muscle stores until it becomes proficient at drawing from your fat stores. Initially you will lose lean body mass and water, but eventually after a few months of fasting and low carb you'll become fat adapted and will be able to pack it back on easily.

can you post a source for all these claims

youtu.be/J6Yem2T2r2M

youtu.be/PjOsLY1e0S0

can someone post the "i just won't eat" pepe

reddit.com/r/Dryfasting/comments/vceele/from_270lbs_to_140lbs_in_6_months_thanks_to_dry/

Do you guys think he is trolling? He is from Somalia and they tend to joke around