Does the heart have a "finite" amount of beats?

In your opinion, does the human heart have a "finite" amount of beats? As in no matter what you do, your heart is going to STOP beating at some predetermined amount of beats if you don't die some other way? I have a friend who believes that working out is helpful for building up the body but because it taxes the heart, its ultimately pointless to work out. How many beats do we truly have left?

Attached: heartpic.png (2560x2015, 1.02M)

> thinking the heart doesn't have a finite number of beats

Attached: 1ets9m.jpg (890x500, 105.02K)

The heart of a smoker and the heart of a athlete just aren't the same. A smokers heart definitely must have fewer beats.

yeah it does, but being gay mn2ta4akes it go black

i used to have the same thought, that if my heart rate is always high it'll take of beats like it has a finite amount, but in reality exercising actually strengthens the heart

That's not true, it's this old myth

I don't see why this would be the case, if anything I think it's just an argument over if something naturally concludes was that a pre-determined conclusion?

My dad unironically believes this

Working out regularly results in a lower rest8ng heart rate. During competition season my heart rate was 50 to 60 beats. When i became a lazy fat ass it was 90 to 100. Started working out regularly a few weeks ago and its already dropped to 80 to 90.

In short your friend is retarded.

Let's say it has finite number of beats, if you exercise your heart will get bigger and strong so when you're not exercising it beats less times. So it probably works out that you can last longer

>take daily beta blocker
>live to 130

it has more to do with your heart's function worsening with years as the cells get older and more degraded. I dont think your heart is programmed to stop beating after a certain amount of beats

If your heart is beating at 90 BPM during rest it's because you need that much blood going around, taking a beta blocker and lowering the heart rate is just a retarded bandaid fix for high blood pressure that fucks up your body longterm

you are just a beta male

Does a water pump have a finite amount of pumps?

I mean, I guess, but what does that mean? It's not like you're born with a counter on your heart that goes down every time it beats, continuing with the water pump analogy: What happens if you leave a water pump dormant for years, without performing any kind of maintenance, and then start using it heavily? Something's probably going to break.

Maybe that's a bad analogy, I don't know, I'm not a fucking plumber, but the heart is just a pump, the same laws of physics apply to it that apply to any mechanical system, and these laws are mostly unpredictable. Slap a bit of duct tape on your broken water pump and it might hold for days, or it might hold for months, these things are less about precise predictions and more about probability/statistics.

Nah, I'm more of an omega male

Attached: 1644380589903.jpg (435x571, 41.67K)

damn thats me fucked then been taking these for years

>He knows too much. Shut his heart down.

Attached: Killer_Queen_Concept.png (841x1000, 691.07K)

Why so long? High blood pressure is fixable through diet

hearts are the same as vehicles. Eventually the engine just breaks and you need to get a new one. Like tears in the rain.

Attached: despair.gif (275x275, 1.79M)

migraines