See everywhere people take 1.5 hrs to 2 hours in the gym

>see everywhere people take 1.5 hrs to 2 hours in the gym
I literally go for 45 mins to an hour. What the fuck are you people doing in there? Am I in the wrong here? They also rest for 5 minutes between sets, what the fuck is the point
Pic unrelated

Attached: 1652316057300.jpg (2560x2153, 271.31K)

For max effort sets you should rest for about 10 minutes between sets.

Faggot.

they are grinding out heavy sets of 5 because rippetoe told them to

imagine being a natty lmao cum cock cum cum cock dick cum cock cooock coooock coock

No

they take break in between

You know that the guys who bench more than you deadlift are in and out of the gym in under an hour, right?
Read the book of methods.

I know the type

Run like a chimp doing all kinds of stuff at the same time using multiple equipments at once with half the weight you should

Do you moan also?

I take about 45 mins though sometimes I take about 1h30m if I do extra isolation work to try and even out muscles. I do a few extra sets on my left pec as it's usually smaller than my right. Also some days I do slow movements to try and get as much of a mind muscle connection as possible or really fatigue my muscle. 5m rest periods are ridiculing though.

I like lifting. I’ll keep going as long as I can. Heavy compound lifts then lots of accessory bullshit. Sometimes take ~2 hours. But I’ve only started lifting a month ago so it’s probably just a honeymoon phase because I never wanna stop, which probably means I’m not lifting heavy enough tho

>heavy sets of 5
Am.... Am I not supposed to do that!?!?
I think I've made a mistake

absolutely untrue
>b-b-but read book
ask me how i know you are absolutely not one of 'those guys' you are referring
faggot

I keep going until I can't go no more
>captcha: WARYO

Attached: Warrio7_Color.jpg (1270x1270, 117.31K)

How is this indicative of a 45 minute gym goer than a 2 hr dumb fuck doing stupid useless cable exercises for 3 hours? I do my main compounds, a few accessories and then I'm done. I also do 1-2 minute rests

585 lb+ bench press is impressive if raw. Bench shirts and multi-ply is gay.

To some people, it's a hobby, or a socializing hangout place. To me, it's hygiene. About as exciting as being a toothbrushing enthusiast. I do it to maintain my health. If you are there for similar reasons, then 45 min 3-4 times per week will still be effective, if you have a plan and don't fuck around. If you don't play a musical instrument, or do Mongolian basket weaving or something, I guess you too could pretend that lifting is a hobby and take 2-3x the necessary time.

Why would you possibly need 2 hours in the gym? Is this a powershitter thing? I can see it. powershitters do deadlifts and squats every day and they're extremely taxing exercises, so they take 5 minute rests between every sesh
No wonder they're fat. I get my shit done in about 50 minutes and I'm objectively right

My home gym workouts take over three hours because I spend so much time between sets bopping to taylor swift

Some people rest for 30 seconds to a minute between sets.

Your thread makes me incredibly angry because it reminded me of yesterdays workout
>get on the shoulder press
>115x5
>fuck yeah a new pr, let's keep this going
>grab a friend to spot me on bench and go for 2 pl8
>immediate fail
>spend the rest of the workout punishing my chest on heaviest I can go isolateral chest and wide chest
>I work into someone's isolateral chest set, 2pl8+10
>"I didn't know you were that strong"
>scream internally

FUCK

Attached: 1647799370094.jpg (500x417, 140.2K)

ATP (the actual metabolic energy that your muscles use apply force) takes 3-4 minutes to replenish in the cels. You need to do that if you are lifting above 75% of your 1RM. If you are doing sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, you use shorter rest times 1-2 minutes, when using 40-75% of your 1RM for a shitload of reps, you are using more glycogen, since it's a less forceful repetitive action.

Attached: main-qimg-ff05f5fcea83113ec02f714f40f56924-c-1155200711.jpg (602x346, 54.1K)

Lol you are so dumb at programming

Attached: Nerd.jpg (1000x756, 251.72K)

In hindsight I knew I couldn't go for it without more tricep rest, but it still made me mad

Same. I go for like 30-45 minutes depending on how I'm feeling. I walk in, see a lanklet benching, then proceed to squat, deadlift, and bench like 2x as much weight as anyone else there and leave. I see people in my peripheral vision mirin'. Meanwhile the lanklet is still over there benching.

Shit makes me laugh inside. But I've been at it for so long that I'm just efficient with it.

>see guy finishing up squatting 135
>walk over and ask him not to re-rack the weights cuz ima use it
>start warm up repping OHP with his squat weight

>lmao 1pl8
Congrats on the brutal mog

I do a fullbody session with benching/deadlifting/ohping/squating and adding 5lbs every time or at least doing these at 80% of my max. I then do accessories and conditioning afterwards and am there for a good amount of time. Although I only go every 3 days.

>haha let's laugh at the weak guy trying to get stronger
bad mentality