Is white rice a meme

>doesn’t have good macros, just empty calories

What does it do

Attached: 3BA42FDA-4A81-41D5-A16A-04F9114A8EAB.jpg (1462x2139, 678.74K)

Its yummy in my tummy

Carbs aren't empty calories you buddy

Easy to digest doesnt spike insulin very hard tastes nice

>What does it do
Builds empires

>doesnt spike insulin very hard

It spikes insulin just as hard as sugar does.

>what does it do
It's fed humanity for most of human history.
Maybe now with globalization we could change to better grains. I remember there exists like some kind of giga Chad variant of rice but I can't remember rn

buckwheat and quinoa are more superior to rice

based
you eat for energy. white rice provides energy. cooking some right now. NEXT

Attached: FVfojmbVEAA5Ecw.jpg (1242x1211, 138.29K)

why do people act like thats a bad thing, for cutting sure but literally 90% of the rest of the time you WANT to spike insulin to funnel glycogen and protein into the muscles.

insulin is literally THE MOST anabolic hormone on earth

Ah that was it, thx user

yea but rice is unconsciously nostalgic. i wanna relive the good years of being monke

>empty calories
What is an empty calorie? A calorie is a unit of energy. There aren't "full calories" and "empty calories". There are just calories. 1 Calorie is 4.18 kilojoules. That's it. That's all it is.

Spiking your blood sugar is a good way to get diabetes and NAFLD

75% of people that have NAFLD in India have a BMI under 25

Rice production requires intensive agricultural practices, such as terracing. No one was farming rice until after their nomadic civilizations settled and grew. Rice isn't a monke food, agriculture is the driver of population density and settlement growth.

An empty calorie is one that provides energy without satiation, usually by spiking your blood sugar and making you hungry soon after.

>tastes nice
I hate the taste and texture of white rice. what are good alternatives?

>usually by spiking your blood sugar
Eating anything will spike your blood sugar. That's how carbs are delivered to cells, through the blood. Even eating just protein does this through gluconeogenesis. Satiety is almost entirely based on food volume. You could just say it's a calorie dense food. The emptiness of the calories isn't a thing.

Plus, non satiating foods are good because you can eat more of them. Which is a positive, because they have (not empty) energy which helps you grow.

>satiety
this, you are satiated when your stomach is stretched and the vagus nerve is stimulated to reduce ghrelin and produce dopamine

Eat rice with other sources of protein and fiber.
If you eat some meat before you start eating the rice it's been shown in clinical studies to not spike blood sugar.
Rice on its own has some but not all essential amino acids. Beans (minus søy and garbanzo/chickpeas) have the complimentary set of EAAs so if you just eat rice and beans you can get all EAAs on a plant-only diet.
Garbanzo beans and søy beans are both complete proteins containing all EAAs so they don't need to be paired with rice.
Rice is really simple to measure and hit carb macros without effort.

It's just a food. Stop being dumb about it. There aren't magical good foods or magical bad foods. It's just fucking food.

a diet of white rice & orange juice cures diabetes. look up Walter Kempner

Fullness and satiety are different.

Think of the difference between feeling like you need to breathe and feeling like your lungs are stretched to full capacity.

hm yeah i guess that makes sense, eating a moderate size meal of protein fats and fiber will satiate you

eating a monster bowl of just white rice will make you full but youll be hungry soon after since its processed so easily and quickly

it's starch that satisfies the hunger drive. with fat you just eat and eat and eat

>sugar and starch cure diabetes
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHABAJBAHSHSHSHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

look up the research, the butt of the joke is you