Rowing Machine

If they offer literally the same level of performance when done with proper form and technique, then why is there so much love and shilling for the first one, but absolute hate and disapproval for the other two?
What gives?

Attached: 1655583657425.png (3288x752, 775.5K)

>If they offer literally the same level of performance when done with proper form and technique
Do they?

Regardless, I use c2 because everyone uses c2 and it is well built, it'll last me forever. Standarizing Makes the comparisons for times a lot easier because there is no arguing about what machine is easier/harder. I have no experience on other rowing machines so I can't comment on them

Air = Magnetic > Water
/thread

c2 or cnothing
simple as

Air rower go VVVVVvvvvvv

What the fuck makes a C2 superior? Why is it the Gucci of rowing machines you niggers? Someone give me a genuine response.

You've asked this before and I've answered before you fucking idiot. Its the resistance curve created by the air suction. It simulates almost perfectly the feel of rowing on the water. The rest of the rower market is chinese garbage unless you want to buy something MORE expensive than the C2. C2 is the cheapest and best hands down. Nothing comes close to the price point/performance and you would know this if your fat ass has ever actually rowed.

C2 is shilled for 2 reasons, only one of which I think is valid:

1. C2 is magnetic and as such, movement is a lot smoother, easier to maintain, and build quality is top tier.
2. it is the unofficial Crossfit rower of choice and C2 monitor is the standard for measurements

>second rowing machine thread ive seen
we get it dude, you like pulling dicks toward your face

get a picrel rowing machine its more your style imo

Attached: dildo machine.jpg (455x455, 36.98K)

>CS is magnetic
What are you a fucking retard?
>it is the unofficial Crossfit rower
>Crossfit
People actually ROW, boats, on the water, and use C2's rowers to train off the water, which is what they ARE designed for. You have never actually used this machine for its intended purpose, and probably couldn't beat my 2k with you and your two best friends swapping on and off.

he could probably beat your PR on busting a nut with him and his two friends swapping on and off tho

Who cares if it perfectly mimics rowing on actual water? What's the big deal about it having to be 1:1 with actually rowing on water?

how can it ever be like water if the handle and the arm positions will always be different? it makes zero sense

Attached: sports-4966934_960_720.jpg (960x636, 195.94K)

C2 gives a nice solid body connection and feel. Easy to keep form in long endurance. Seat position and handle height feels like being in a sweep boat. It can also handle immense power in interval training without feeling like it's turning nothing or going to shake apart.

I prefer a C2 but I've had to use water rowers following repetitive use strain from weeks and weeks of C2 steady state training.

Water rowers are easier on the back at the catch because the water doesn't instantly provide full resistance.

I used to row and the c2 was definitely the closest to the water. For magnetic, it felt really off and hurt my back to use it. The reason why it matters which one you get is because you’re doing an exercise movement that can get you hurt so you might as well use the machine that people know won’t hurt you. The magnetic has no “catch” feeling that we look for and therefore it doesn’t let you get properly set up to take a stroke, which leads to problems

I used the matrix one as well and it always feels off.
When you go hard on it it pulls in shocks which is very bad for your back.

Okay let me explain this REALLY simply. The reason rowing is such an effective workout is because, as you pull harder, the resistance goes up. As you slow down, the resistance goes down.
>pull harder = more resistance
>pull softer = less resistance
As well, you have the option to change your cadence. Faster cadence means the fan doesn't lose momentum between pulls, which means less resistance. Slower cadence means harder pulls because the fan slows down.
>high cadence = less resistance
>low cadence = more resistance
And finally, the C2 has a damper which allows you to adjust the air coming into the chamber. Less air means less slowdown on the fan, means lower resistance.
>less air = less resistance
>more air = more resistance
So putting this all together, you have a workout which will challenge you anywhere in your training, and allows you to hop on and do your workout without having to adjust anything except the damper. No matter how you fast, slow, hard, or soft you work, you are putting the same energy into the fan. Naturally this is extremely good for a cardio workout because you can't cheat. It automatically adjusts its resistance to match the part of your stroke so when you're at maximum energy output (for most people this is the point right before the legs are all the way down and the torso falls back) so when your stronger muscles are pulling they're met with greater resistance and aren't limited by weaker muscles like biceps and hamstrings. Does this make sense????

Other machines DONT DO THIS. The only mechanism that has been proven to work well for this application is an enclosed air fan with a damper. If you use anything else you're just pulling the same resistance backwards over and over, you may as well grab a medicine ball and do jumping jacks with it.

The difference is that you don't have to clear your oar from the water on a machine. You can pretend to and 'tap down' slightly and then the C2 stroke will strongly resemble rowing on water. The unrealistic thing about the C2 is the stability. C2 is similar to rowing in an 8 sweep or quad scull where the multiple points of contact and mass make the boat very stable. But C2 is even more stable than that.

For the C2 to realistically capture a single scull like in your pic, you'd need to be sitting on a seat as unstable as a swiss ball. That's the limit of C2 training. In reality slightly fucking up dipping both oar in the water will make you flip.

>In reality slightly fucking up dipping both oar in the water will make you flip.
sounds fun

>What the fuck makes a C2 superior? Why is it the Gucci of rowing machines you niggers? Someone give me a genuine response.
it's very sturdy, it will probably outlast you, and it's suitable for all levels of trainning, but not everyone needs that, some people just want to row once in a while, you don't need a concept 2 for that...

take the rec-pill and buy an Alden 16, I guarantee you won't regret it and you don't have to worry about permanently damaging a fragile shell that costs more than a small car.

i actually prefer the matrix one because the pulls having the same fixed resistance makes it more of a gym friendly full body workout, you will get more consistent pulls at lower resistances, and the higher ones will give you actual HIIT that you won't be able to ease out on
concept2 varying with your own pulling pace makes it better if you care about actual boat feeling autism, have interest in getting a feel to try real boats and such
in short matrix is better as a fb gym workout
c2 is ultimately the best for boat simulation