Functional strength

How can I use the bench press squat or deadlift irl?

Attached: 4948CA6C-8773-4D28-A6D6-C1CF18D3BA75.jpg (640x438, 46.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Fulltext/2020/02000/Relationship_Between_Bench_Press_Strength_and.3.aspx?context=FeaturedArticles&collectionId=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bench - Pushing things
Squat - Squatting and walking with heavy loads on your back
Deadlift - Picking up heavy things from the floor (people, furniture, random odds and ends, etc)

Deadlift is most useful to me irl because I lug 200lb printers up and down stairs all day for work. Squats have good carry over to Deadlift too. Bench and squat have helped me push cars up hills when it snows here rarely and they get stuck on my street

You can use it for some menial low-paying blue collar job.

is the point that they raped the kid with LBGT and came down his throat?

You really do get stronger even if you can't explain it. I remember being 16 and struggling brutally to help my dad move like thirty 80lb bags of concrete, now I can easily press 80lbs over my head like it's nothing

I don't care what anyone says but bench is borderline useless for functional strength. How often are you lying on your back like a turtle pushing a weight up IRL?

Pectorals are one of the least functional and useful muscles to have developed also.

Almost everything heavy will need to lift with either your back, legs or arms, who gives a fuck about pectorals?

>I don't care what anyone says but bench is borderline useless for functional strength
FINALLY somebody else that sees the truth.
The chest is the least important muscle group in terms of functional strength.
Yet everybody especially americans are OBSESSED with big chests, they love to work out their chest muscles into pseudo breasts.
I just don't understand this shit. It makes no fucking sense.

I think deadlifts are really good because they train your lower back muscles which will help your lower back if you have to lean over a lot.

>Almost everything heavy will need to lift with either your back, legs or arms, who gives a fuck about pectorals?
Floppy pecs don't look good so I train them and big pecs can help in a fight

Yikes, extremely homophobic photo

>I just don't understand this shit. It makes no fucking sense.
It makes perfect sense. In the wild, humans don't have gyms, so all muscle groups develop more or less symmetrically. Thus if you see a male with big useless muscles like pecs and biceps, you just know his other muscles must be incredible and your cunt starts gushing uncontrollably.

Which is why today the smart kids train their chest and biceps and skip everything else.

The function of a big chest is to overshadow the gut.

>muscles can only be used for the exact same movement they are trained with
This is your brain on crossfit/functional strength

I thought maybe he ate a box of crayons

Bench strength correlates to punching power according to the soviets.

>Which is why today the smart kids train their chest and biceps and skip everything else.
Guess I'm real "special" then.
your legs, hips, abs, shoulders and how well those things coordinate together are fart more important than your chest for punching. Unless you are tied to a log at your legs and hips while having your arms free.

Attached: 1627728203595.jpg (1302x1959, 495.97K)

Name the functionality retard

You don't, no one uses their triceps, pectorals, glutes, hamstrings or quads in real life. They're all just vanity muscles.

For anyone interested

journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Fulltext/2020/02000/Relationship_Between_Bench_Press_Strength_and.3.aspx?context=FeaturedArticles&collectionId=1

DYEL moment

Pushing anything
10/10 bait, got me

nah its good for pushing guys out of your way thats why football players train it obsessively and its the only strength test in the NFL combine.

Attached: pepe!.jpg (976x850, 164.08K)