Squat mobility

How on Earth do I fix my squat flexibility?
I can't parallel squat unless I have my feet as far apart as possible. With my feet at shoulder width I literally can't squat more than a foot. Deep squats are outright off the table no matter how wide my stance.
Just what do I have to do to fix this? I've tried all sorts of stretches and drills to no avail.

Attached: overhead-squat-mobility-and-butt-wink.png (430x345, 31.01K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk
youtube.com/watch?v=Ei0OvVdSAps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

go lower loser

Do you point your toes, where’s the bar in relation to the foot and you toes? Do you high or low bar squat? If depth is what you want and you can’t achieve it with a back squat do a front squat you’ll never have to guess if you’ve gone deep enough if you just sit into it.

Try goblet squats for a good month and keep stretching. Years of not using your lower body correctly fucked ya and it'll take a bit to fix

>any more than a foot
Christ. Can you, like, squat? You know, no barbell, no gym, just pretending you're a chinaman relaxing and squatting on the sidewalk.

We can't tell you unless you upload a video.

How low does your bodyweight squat go?

youtube.com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk
youtube.com/watch?v=Ei0OvVdSAps

Just do it with a wide stand for starters. It will take like a month or two for you to get it right

No, I can't, not without a very wide stance.
I do high bar and point my feet out at a pretty wide angle with the bar in line with my midfoot.
With feet at shoulder width, literally like a foot like I said. Parallel with my feet in a sumo stance.
Give me a bit, I'm at work.

So where do you feel the tension as you try to squat deep?

shove your knees out retard

If wider squats let you sink to depth, do wider squats. No two people have to have the same form. Do what works for you

In my shins and Achilles tendon. If I try to Asian squat there's an inch or two between my heels and the floor and I feel pressure in my Achilles when I try to push my heels down.
I should mention, I walked almost exclusively on my toes as a kid.
Sure, I can squat low enough with my feet crazy wide and pointed near sideways, but it puts a lot of pressure on my groin. I'm obviously a DYEL but if I want to squat heavier in the future I need better form.

That first video is brilliant. Wow. Thank you for that.

Some user woke me up to this half a year ago. Spread the word!

You need to work on your hip and ankle mobility

first video had me laughing because there is the answer to so many old misconceptions

I bet you let your knees cave in

Squatting wide is fine and many of the heaviest squatters squat that way. It's likely hitting your Adductors when you talk about your groin. They're the muscles on your inner thigh. Wide stance squats and sumo Deadlifts hit them pretty hard. Carry on, they'll get stronger.

That said, it takes stress off the quads some so try hack squats or leg press as an accessory to hit quads harder too.

find a small box and practice bodyweight squats on it