Caloric Restriction

Caloric Restriction is the holy grail of living a long and healthy life.
Look at these two rhesus monkeys. They're both 27 years old. The left one could eat when and how much he wanted, the right one was put on caloric restriction for his entire life.

>"Scientists have known for decades that caloric restriction—reducing calorie intake without malnutrition—slows aging and extends life span"
>"Something about eating a diet that is low in calories but nutritionally complete causes a dramatic reprogramming of cellular metabolism that can't be replicated by exercise or by eating smaller amounts of high-calorie foods."

cen.acs.org/articles/87/i31/Curious-Case-Caloric-Restriction.html

STOP BULKING
Our ancestors in the stone age weren't bulking either, they were on caloric deficit for 99% of the time, this is the normal human condition.

Attached: 8731scitech2_monkeys1-2028011486.jpg (600x509, 90.98K)

MOGed (monkey of group)

intermittent fasting leanbulk

What are these high nutrient low calorie foods that they were eating?

Assuming that 27 is towards the end of the lifespan of a rhesus monkey, how did they look in mid-life? Did the bulking monkey mog the other one?

>Son of slaves, lucks into royalty, tells them to get fucked
>So built the sea gets out of his way
>Spends years in the desert yelling at jews
>Huge calorie deficit: only eats milk and honey bestowed by God
>Lives to 120
WAGMI

Attached: Mogses.gif (364x400, 304.34K)

but then how am I gonna get big

By lifting duh

you won't get big lifting on a deficit faggot

Caloric restriction and caloric deficit are not the same, my homosexual friend

No shit, even medieval people figured this out.

Attached: monks-at-table-1024x602.png (1024x602, 226.14K)

then what's the difference?

>caloric restriction
>low calorie
These are relative terms. The answer is, once again, fucking exercise.

McDougall diet, period. Get lean brothers

You can bulk with a 500 kcal surplus, a 1k kcal surplus, or a 100 kcal surplus

>Rhesus macaques live approximately 25 years in captivity, with a maximum recorded lifespan of 40 years.

Attached: rstb20190612-g1.jpg (778x211, 45.48K)

so the lean bulk is the way?

Or a recomp

So it would seem

Your body works less to digest the food, it's not a mystery. Fat people are accelerating their death the same way you break a machine from using it too much.

This is very interesting, ive personally noticed it with my own body
when i was a teenager i had to get my bone age checked, inbetween i would bulk/cut. My bone age would actually increase slower when i was cutting or maintaining, and increase a little faster when i was bulking for certain periods.

comparable to wear and tear? OPs article suggests it's more of a genetic adaptation