Bronze era bodybuilding

Is there any merit to using older bronze age routines like the light dumbell system or chest expanders? I mean look at this guy and others like Eugen Sandow, he developed this physique before supplements and drugs using only 5-10 pound dumbells and some calisthenics. Do these older forgotten techniques have any merit or did these guys just have much more natural test to where they could develop these insane natty physiques with now unconventional routines.

Attached: bobbypandour.jpg (275x432, 12.86K)

Attached: fredrollon.jpg (409x570, 146.96K)

You can build muscle on light weights just fine, just need to do a fuckton of reps or very difficult exercises

nigga ain't even swole, just low bf%

You would be amazed at the results if you took an average manlet gymcel into a photo studio with lighting and took grainy analog monochromatic photos. I’m not saying he’s not in great shape, but the photos are really what does it. The real secret is that routines don’t matter a whole lot, lift weights sleep well and eat right for years and you’ll look good. Also take into account these niggas had nothing better to do than work out all day and read about working out from whatever sources even existed. You’d be amazed at what you can do when you have fuck all better to do

What are chest expanders?

you are more aware of the muscle and can contract it better when you do your main exercises

He's fucking jacked dude
If someone with that physique posted on Any Forums today I guarantee he would get a few roid accusations.
picrel

Attached: chest expander.jpg (400x400, 24.78K)

Sandow's a bad example. The only time he used 5-10lb dumbbells was while traveling around trying to sell them to the locals, similar to the way Hogan sold his little plastic dumbbell set in the 80s.
And of course his test was higher than the average today, they didn't have grocery stores filled with processed food and pharmaceuticals in the water supply yet.

calisthenics

>using only 5-10 pound dumbells
nah dog

Attached: index.jpg (2481x3542, 505.09K)

I guess my point is we get so caught up in the newest supplements and routines down to a science while these guys were able to create these incredible chiseled physiques and mog 99% of men with minimal equipment and knowledge. If some random guy on Any Forums starting telling everyone that you don't need heavy weights and all you need is 5 pound dumbbells and resistance bands he would be laughed out

They clearly did not only use 5lb dumbells. See

they had heavy weights though. that's how they got big.
most of them got their baseline strength and aesthetics through wrestling and then got yoked by picking heavy things up and putting them down.

Attached: index.jpg (798x1014, 47.05K)

I bet a lot of people got injuries during that era

w-what

You'd probably be right. They thought proper deadlift form was with your back nice and round.

This
Ehh, not really. I guess his abs and arms are slightly impressive, but otherwise he's just your average gym goer if anything

t. body dysmorphia

I bet these dudes ate eggs like fucking Gaston too.
None of the goyslop protein people eat nowadays.

whats a chest expander?

I think they were right about light weights, higher frequency and emphasis on form but I think the silver era guys refined it even though their natty status is more questionable. They distinguished building big and strong muscles with specific work from the bronze era, lightweight circuit training that makes you more "tired" rather than actually using the muscle.

Also chest expanders are better than flies. Flies are junk.

Attached: leroycolbert.jpg (397x472, 37.41K)