Friendly vegan thread

lets have a thread talking about veganism; the philosophy of reducing cruelty and exploitation towards animals in as much as is reasonable and practicable, for ethical reasons

ill honestly try my hardest to be nice, address each response, and not be a rude smug cunt

her user; you should go vegan! animals are sentient and conscious, and they suffer a lot, which is horrific and tragic. why dont you go vegan, user?

Attached: 1550797698751.jpg (1080x1080, 262.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PLl3vEGU49Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>just eat shit and die

N-no. Are you mentally ill?

Why should i care about animal cruelty? I mean they taste good, and vegan products are more expensive. No one wants to see anything die in front of them, i am aware of the """horrors""" animals go through but i have yet to find a reason to care.

>vegan
>not be a rude smug cunt
literally a contradiction there

Alright. So I assume you're vegan OP? Would you eat locally sourced goods (like if your neighbor had chickens or cows etc.)? What about honey? What about hunted animals. Specifically eating venison (deer) hunted locally? Why, or why not?

>just eat shit and die
theres lots of tasty vegan food, user. you dont have to live a life without tasty food if you go vegan. lots of different cuisines out there

>Are you mentally ill?
i am, but most vegans are not

>Why should i care about animal cruelty?
because animals are sentient and conscious, and can suffer, user. they suffer so much. do you think its okay to torture and kill animals for pleasure?

because we dont need to eat meat, the reason why we do it is for pleasure. we can be healthy on a well planned vegan diet

perhaps its impossible for me not to have pride when discussing moral issues, user. but i do try not to be rude about it

Attached: 360_F_383381209_LS334XndlalYpaoOjDyzR5xI3UQ6jNnv.jpg (1024x768, 234.1K)

did someone say ANIMAL REKT THREAD?

Attached: 1613431211935.webm (300x273, 839.12K)

>Alright. So I assume you're vegan OP?
yes

>Would you eat locally sourced goods (like if your neighbor had chickens or cows etc.)?
nope. i think its immoral and exploitative. its exploitation. you are subjecting these animals to slavery and killing them against their will, for your food. you dont need to eat meat, you can just eat the vegan alternatives and be healthy

>What about honey?
i think its exploitation of bees. its not ours, we are stealing from them

>What about hunted animals. Specifically eating venison (deer) hunted locally? Why, or why not?
i think its wrong to kill animals when you dont need to. its not like these animals are trying to kill us and we kill them in self-defense. i wouldnt kill a dog for fun either

perhaps there is an argument to allowing predatory animals into the wild to keep wild animal populations down, but that is such a GREY area, that i dont know how i feel about it. im predominantly concerned about animal suffering in farms and slaughterhouses, as the amount of suffering is so horrific

Attached: factory-farming-in canada 15.jpg (1024x768, 385.69K)

I am aware of the horrors but my life is shit enough to the point where I don't have any influence over whether or not animals will continue to be sent to slaughterhouses

I like breakfasts that contain fried eggs and sausages. And whether or not abstaining from that is the ethical choice, both are futile in shutting down big meat.
And even further, the political orientation of most vegans and thus most vegans would strongly vote for importing billions of migrants into countries with the infrastructure to continue factory farming. Do you think billions of africans, muslims, and mexicans care about the sentimentalism of white people and a few asians?

I was vegan during highschool, nothing extraordinary happened. I don't see it as a bad thing and I wish that humanity would prefer veganism but I don't think it's possible.
And there's nothing to live for because I'm an outcasted loser incel failure of a man with bad genetics so being a moral hypocrite isn't something I'm concerned with, and for breakfast today I'm probably going to have fried eggs and sausage and not feel guilty about it.

You know, it's funny, I asked out a vegetarian girl once to a vegetarian place for a date. I was ghosted. I just know that she's getting plowed by some meat eater who, unlike me, is tall and has a masculine skull shape. Fuck man.

>because we dont need to eat meat
just because we have replacements doesnt mean we don't need to eat meat, because it's still the better, more tasty and cheaper option. I have no problem with veganism, im just too poor to be able to afford those vegan alternatives, besides i really like fish and vegan fish is no where near the diversity and taste of real fish.

A 500 year old tree does not have the complex neural capacity to express it's suffering. A roadside chicken is sufficiently complex to achieve this.
By vegan logic the chook is worth more than the tree,
do you agree with me that the tree is worth more?

There's no point OP. People on this shithole website don't give a fuck about anything, let alone the suffering of animals. It's sad but it's true, reasoning with them is like reasoning with a brick wall, although the brick wall would probably have more empathy. Like the reasoning for becoming vegan can be intellectual but a big foundation of it is just caring about the fact these animals are put through so much shit, you have to care a little bit. It's also difficult to not come across as virtue signalling

It's not about materialistic value
I'd still eat the chicken anyway and burn the tree for keks

I agree, sad but true. The world doesn't give a fuck about us so we don't give a fuck about the world

>I agree, sad but true. The world doesn't give a fuck about us so we don't give a fuck about the world
It makes me sad that how some people can have such empathy for dogs and cats and the like but a complete disregard for other animals who are so similar in intellect, emotion. It's just so illogical I don't get it. The fact pigs are smarter than dogs, apparently also the closest tasting to human, but because of the stereotype of pigs rolling around in shit, people don't see them as good pets

>I am aware of the horrors but my life is shit enough to the point where I don't have any influence over whether or not animals will continue to be sent to slaughterhouses
sure you do. you have the power to choose, every breakfast, lunch and dinner. your choices matter, user. especially over a long enough period of time, it makes a real difference to the animals

>both are futile in shutting down big meat.
perhaps they are futile in shutting down all animal abuse, but they do reduce animal suffering. and conversely, eating meat wont cause an infinite amount of animal suffering, but it will increase animal suffering by a small amount, especially over enough time

peter singer makes this point in the first 2 minutes
youtube.com/watch?v=PLl3vEGU49Q

>the political orientation of most vegans
even if thats true, i dont see how that is an argument against veganism as a philosophy. perhaps you would be the vegan who isn't a giga-liberal soyb0i cucklord

>so being a moral hypocrite isn't something I'm concerned with
thats tragic, user, but its your choice. maybe if you cared about reincarnation you'd take it more seriously. just a thought, i have strong doubts on reincarnation

>I just know that she's getting plowed by some meat eater
mhm, i see it all the time. vegan girls are like all girls; they chase chad
i dont think you go vegan for the girls, i think you go vegan for the animals

Attached: VegNews.EthiopianFoodTastyCurls.jpg (1242x1237, 700.45K)

>I just know that she's getting plowed by some meat eater
>mhm, i see it all the time. vegan girls are like all girls; they chase chad
>i dont think you go vegan for the girls, i think you go vegan for the animals
Here I was thinking oh yeah I'm vegan, let's go on this shitty dating app called grazer which is a carbon copy of Tinder for vegans. No, girls don't give a shit about that, they still will date Chad, regardless of if he consumes meat or not

I have consumed no Cows, Sheep, Fish or Turkey.

>just because we have replacements doesnt mean we don't need to eat meat, because it's still the better, more tasty and cheaper option

i was under the impression that the science is pretty clear on this; we can be healthy on a vegan diet. what evidence had got you convinced we need to eat meat?

user, i dont know if plants suffer. but if they do, going vegan reduces overall suffering for plants and animals, because the animals we eat all ate huge amount of plants

>There's no point OP. People on this shithole website don't give a fuck about anything, let alone the suffering of animals

the point is it makes me feel better and makes me feel like im doing something, even if absolutely no one i ever in my life goes vegan, ever. this is how i cope with caring about animals

Attached: organizations.png (1492x1100, 250.05K)

>the point is it makes me feel better and makes me feel like im doing something, even if absolutely no one i ever in my life goes vegan, ever. this is how i cope with caring about animals
I admire the plight OP, keep on fighting the good fight

Who is making the argument that you should cut down an old tree instead of eating a chicken?
I feel like if someone wanted to cut the tree down, eating the chicken wouldn't stop them.

The prophet said: Verily Allah has enjoined goodness to everything; so when you kill, kill in a good way and when you slaughter, slaughter in a good way. So every one of you should sharpen his knife, and let the slaughtered animal die comfortably.

>what evidence had got you convinced we need to eat meat?
Because i'm poor, also if i cared about dieting i wouldn't be weighting 90kg. Again, i have no problem with it and to be honest i will probably switch to vegan meat when it becomes cheaper than meat, which is probably never. Though i will never switch to vegan fish. This is is the only thing i refuse about veganism, the fish.

I see. I don't see any reason for you not to do these things. That is, unless you get off on feeling morally superior.
>Locally Made Products
I'll use chickens and cows, because those were the ones I used in my original post. What are chickens supposed to do with extra eggs? Nothing. While this one is more of a personal standpoint, I see no point in not eating humanely raised chicken (I see the point behind huge mega-farm raised though). I have personally raised meat (cornish-rock cross) chickens. They lived well, and died painlessly. No cruelty. Very delicious.
The same goes for cows. They make quite a lot of milk. The calf doesn't drink all of it by a long shot. What is the harm in minimizing waste?
>Honey
While there actually IS a good argument for this one (In the US), you didn't use it (look up on local pollinators if you care). Honey bees make a fair amount of honey. I've had a hive, so I know first hand. I don't see any harm in taking what's extra. We had a beekeeper gauge how much we can safely take. I see no problem with that either.
>Hunted Animals
>when you don't need to
I don't blame you for not knowing, but hunting is somewhat important. In my area, and many others, hunters help regulate deer populations (which is why I used them as an example specifically). This helps keep the deer population in check, preventing them from wrecking forests, and local crop farms (heh. I wonder what group of people those are for.)

>animals are sentient and conscious, and they suffer
and just how do you think animals die in the wild? do you think its quick and painless? you think they live relatively stress free like they do in farms? or do you propose we put all animals in captivity just because? you people complain about the unsustainability and cruelty of the meat industry and offer no solutions other than not eating meat, you're jerking off your ego and thats it, just accept it