If your goal is hypertrophy there is literally no reason to deadlift, your energy is better off doing any other exercise

If your goal is hypertrophy there is literally no reason to deadlift, your energy is better off doing any other exercise

Attached: f22949d4c1e486399d87e71f57885f4c.jpg (419x551, 67.07K)

Yeah sldl are way better

My goal is to look good, feel good, be good.

don't care bro

What I'd my goal is to add weight to my deadlift

What is your goal with making these threads? Deadlift has been indispensable for growing my traps, hamstrings, and lower back. I also just enjoy doing them.

I'm battling the Any Forums broscience

It's broscience that deadlifts are good?

My goal is powerlifting and not being a pussy DYEL so deadlifts are pretty important.

Broscience that you can't make any gains at all unless you deadlift

Deadlift develops general core strength and overall well-being, allowing for more effective hypertrophy exercise throughout the body in the long run

/thread

Come say that to my face tough guy.

Doing deadlifts for core strength is such a massive overkill lmao

Why would I do extremely fatiguing reps with 4 plate+ (when my core might not even be the limiting muscle) when I can do dedicated core exercises?

Deadlifts without egolifting are one of the best exercises loading abdominal muscles, deep back muscles (multifidi, rotatores) consistently, thus preventing back pain for years to come.
I agree doing them for heavy singles/doubles with shitty form doesn't bring anything to the table.

there are 1000 other core workouts that target the core more directly than the one workout that could permanently injure your back for the rest of your life

i dont even feel my core work during deadlifts because i actually do them right and most of the load is in my glutes and hams

have you retards never done an ab workout in your entire life? do a hanging leg raise you lazy fat fuck

Dedicated core exercises are a meme. Your core's main job is stabilizing and supporting. The most functional way to train your core is to do slow stability work. Sets of 8-10 Zercher squats done slowly and with great focus on bracing and staying tight are better for core strength than literally any number of crunches in the world.

I think Rdls and sldl are great for hypertrophy. Conventional deadlift is still enjoyable though

Zercher Squats made me cry lol Will do them again when I am done with cutting

Hahah ok bro

Attached: weighted-hanging-knee-raises.gif (360x360, 202.46K)

I recommend elbow wraps, the pad takes too much of the edge off and makes them awkward to perform but a naked barbell on the crooks of my arms leaves bruises that fuck up all my pulling lifts no matter what I do.

Deads make you thick and give you a nice ass by your own admission

Most people here dont play sports and are twinks, if so you should do deads anyway unless youre doing them wrong

Actually if you do deadlifts for high reps you'll definitely see muscle growth. I end my deadlift sets by doing 315 usually to10 then to 8 or 9 on the next two sets. You can feel the glute burn doing that in particular.

this is what people without visible abs say