Can anyone explain how do people manage to hold genuine religious beliefs? Sure, the Bible...

Can anyone explain how do people manage to hold genuine religious beliefs? Sure, the Bible, Koran and other texts have a huge cultural significance, but I cant make myself see them as anything more that old fiction.
I am not trying to be a fedora tipper here, I just want explanation. Do religious people just accept the notion that Bible is true and just live with it?

Attached: 39FBBDA3-4AA5-423E-A3FA-FC81B568EFD3.jpg (817x428, 43.68K)

>Can anyone explain how do people manage to hold genuine religious beliefs?
Delusion, desperation, and being psyop'ed by your parents.

Attached: 1602891129264.jpg (640x714, 127.8K)

I'll let you in on a secret, religion is used as a coping mechanism.
Religion was originally used so that peasants didn't revolt and kill their superiors.. it's unlikely they'd do that if it's been drilled into them from birth that they are working for a divine cause.

Attached: 23547685789.jpg (360x354, 25.82K)

Most are just raised in it. So their parents told them it was true and they just grow up and live their lives believing it because that's what they were taught. Others go through some traumatic experience and credit the fact that they made it through to a deity or religion. Others are just fucking dumb lol.

Life is cruel, people will believe all sorts of stupid things, or engage in all sorts of stupid behavior to cope with or distract from this fact. Like we are all probably doing now posting on Any Forums.
Other anons said they were raised in it and this is also true. It helps the narrative that this is something important when it is a multigenerational thing.

Attached: Dogpilled.png (325x327, 87.88K)

Most people inherit their beliefs from their family. Society/communities can also shape individuals a little, and people unusually go their entire lives without questioning their beliefs. I assume that most anons here have never questioned why they believe that killing people is bad or any other part of their morality. I assume that religion is about the same. People are indoctrinated into whatever beliefs their parents hold and they never question them.

I would guess people here are more critical on average in that regard. I've thought through the morality of murder and other crimes in depth, as well as questioned my agnosticism extensively. I certainly consider some higher power a likely possibility but still haven't found a very good way to view such a power as anything other than evil.

How'd you end up like r3editorship actually annoying

>Religion was originally used so that peasants didn't revolt and kill their superiors..
Not really, it's more like hunter gatherers had no idea what the fuck the sun or the moon were so they started worshipping them. And then everything stems from that really.

Why do you see them as evil, user?

Different user, but a loving God would never have made the world in its current state.
He's either
A. Evil
B. Indifferent
C. Dead, and died long ago

>Do religious people just accept the notion that Bible is true and just live with it?
I do, what about it?

That makes you a retard
Go live in a whale or something

People live by believing in something, not by arguing. Religious people were raised to be religious and live around other religious people. It's not that they can argue for their beliefs, it's just a habit. Human brains are basically a copying machine. Your ideas and thoughts don't come out of nowhere and out of nothing.

Attached: 1643456060311.png (496x566, 502.73K)

I don't take seriously anyone hooked up on 4chin on what makes one a retard or not.

i think it's kinda like the masks. everybody sorta knows it's bullshit but they also know they're supposed to believe it. i think true believers are probably outnumbered 10 to 1 by nervous followers who are just riding the tide

If you created a conscious entity, put it through decades of horrible suffering as a test, then forced it to suffer more for all eternity when it (inevitably) failed your tests, I'd call you a psycho.

I know this is old news for myself and everyone here. I just forget about basic facts during daily life. But being reminded that the majority of people on our planet are such drones that they don't even question such beliefs *ever* in their lives *seriously* creeped me out. I know the NPC meme but thinking this about this stuff makes me feel like being trapped in a worldwide mental asylum. And I'm not even shocked about the beliefs in the supernatural, in the afterlife, in the higher power or whatever. Some think for themselves and get to these conclusions either philosophically or in some other way. But the majority don't think about it ever! This seems so fucked up to me, I can't comprehend this.

What if violating people's free will to change the world is something He would consider a sin? Maybe a monumental sin that outclasses any evil humans could manage?
Or perhaps God's ability to influence the world is limited. None of us know how it works, maybe He had the ability to create the universe but doesn't have the ability to change things the way you'd expect.

>I don't take seriously anyone hooked up on 4chin on what makes one a retard or not.
As you should
But, as eveyrone who browses this website is a retard, degenerate, or both (usually both), you still must be at least one of those two things.

i'm more open to it now than i used to be but it's not like i feel like sitting down and reading the bible. i half expect a personal faith to "reveal" itself to me in time

do you think it's bad to not face much doubt?

user medieval peasant revolts happened

>What if violating people's free will to change the world is something He would consider a sin?
If god thinks that, I don't know, keeping ISIS fighters from raping and genociding whole towns is more evil than the rape and genocide, then he is an evil piece of shit.
A more reasonable explanation is that he just doesn't care, just like you wouldn't care if a caterpillar was being eaten by hundreds of ants.

You're surprised a dropout is bad at history?

By being mentally unwell/retarded.

I mean look at all these people who think their catholic yet have never even read the bible or follow what it teaches

THe orginal version of the bible says the word of god is unchanging yet modern catholics and removed that part, its like what?

I'm not saying that's bad. It's just so alien to me. Like trying to understand and feel how an ant comprehends the world. Sorry, I don't mean to insult anyone here. It's just that I strongly associate doubt with being human.

Im not surprised, its not something widely discussed after all

I'm recovering it and focusing on more useful activity here like /k/ but yes.
If anything the ones well adjusted follow their communities traditions/religiosity. And no, the masoretic text is not "the original bible"