What's life like as a neet?

anons who have taken the neet route, describe your life and if you are regretful of the decision

Attached: pepe 1.jpg (904x864, 85.33K)

The neet route is a very painful life for most of the young adults. It will definitely change your life in many ways.

The neet route (also referred to as the new me or the anti-me) is a lifestyle of young adults who feel the need to change their appearance in order to get the approval of their peers. This could include any type of surgery or other medical interventions. Often, the neet way becomes the default life style for the neet route. The reason behind such an intense lifestyle is that they feel like their parents don't love them and that they have nowhere to belong.

The neet route is a very painful and tragic way to live. They often see their parents or other family members as the reason why they have to go through so many painful procedures. They believe that the neet route is what their parents wished for and therefore they will never get the same attention they feel they deserve from their parents.

This lifestyle has been going on for almost two years in Canada and is becoming a major trend in the UK and Australia as well. It has become a major cause of suicide among people who have taken the neet route.

being a NEET isnt for everyone but for me it's amazing
if youre prone to depression, loneliness, and mental illness you shouldn't be a NEET
if youre the kind of person who gets depresed after not constantly doing things/fulfilling goals you also shouldnt be a NEET
people who are able to be hikikomoris and NEETs without becoming suicidal, lonely, etc. are rare
but for me i wouldn't want to live any other way

Attached: 1520718360475.gif (834x870, 327.2K)

I am a neet. didnt work the last 9 years.
I didn't choose it. Life put me into this situation(shitty childhood and school, and a botched therapy). I am constantly trying to get out, but i also have a pretty strong self destructive force inside me that usually tends to ruin everything i do after a while, as in i loose interest, sabotage myself, or engage in alcohol/food excesses until i have to stop what i want to do.
Also everything I do has to be done on my own, alone, because its really hard for me to interact with people in situations where powerdynamics easily establish (like student&Teacher, Boss and wagie etc). In those situations im not really able to properly function socially. And technical stuff well i dont have any education.

Luckily though I am trying my best to not to succumb to substance abuse. I never do drugs, I barely drink alcohol... i just have my fits where i eat alot of junkfood on days i feel horrible. Also in those 9 years i achieved alot of spiritual enlightenment. I didn't read alot of books. I browsed Any Forums and /x/ and shit and thats how for me the idea of Suicide seems just outlandish to me. Its the most illogical thing you can do in my opinion.

Do i regret anything?... well yeah i regre tnot cutting contact with my family in my teens. This would have lead to a completely different life of mine. Probably without alcoholism n loneliness n shit.

My life consists out of waking up, going outside grocery store shopping(which is kinda my highlight of the day during winter) and coming home. Trying to keep my room somewhat tidy, sometimes i watch some movies, series, i stopped playing vidyas recently so mostly i hang out on some discord servers to substitute myself with at least some chat interactions... In summer i'd go outside into nature alot.

thanks for this insightful answer user. this is genuinely what i was looking fro
couple questions if you don't mind
have you considered getting a roommate where the power dynamic situation is equal?

do you know any other neets?

and btw, you should really consider contacting your parents. they probably miss you a lot because no matter how bad a kid messes up, its nearly impossible for a parent to hate them. what's the downside of it, it's not like youre talking to them anyway

>roommate
well im almost 30 dunno if theres someone that'd be willing to be my roommate... I live in a small and affordable appartment though(too small for 2 people desu). At one hand I'd probably enjoy some company, at the other i'm worried what if it doesnt work out. If I'd do it I'd be probably better off with hanging out with younger people.

>do you know any other neets
I dont really have online friends or rl friends so no. I knew some a few years earlier though. The people i chat with on discord are probably the closest what you'd regard to as friends but honestly its really more of a substitution and i'd like to get away from all the Online communities (again im pretty conflicted. I hate beeing around with people but i also can't stand beeing ocmpletely alone...)

>contacting parents
They were the cause for my shitty situation. Stupid fucks they think they can make up for what they neglected me of my entire childhood.(not to mention the potential sexual abuse i experienced from i dont know whom exactly) Their now "supernice" behaviour creeps me the fuck out and is so fucking artificial not to mention my mother still didn't really cahnge she also makes some really appealing sexual implications somtimes as in suggesting me to share a bed with her n shit like that. My father was never there, my mother never really gave any meaningfull emotional support but rather just bought me every shit she could afford to make me "happy" always giving most of her attention towards my brother....

why in the hell would i want to have contact with them? I do have sporadic and rare contact with them. But anything more than the monthly call or so nah thank you.

You did choose it, faggotron

yea i surely chose the sexual abuse, depression, bullying, lonelyness, emotional neglect, emotional abuse, PTSD; anxiety, dissociation its all my fault. I have to stop blaming others /sarcasm. This selfhelp bullshit might work for others but I do very well know that my life was more fate than choice. Ofc i do have more choice now but what you learn/experience in your childhood&teens is very difficult, almost impossible ot unlearn. And takes years if not decades

Yeah you asked for it, little lady

>sleep and wake up whenever i want
>never bothered by anyone
>alone in the dark on a computer 24/7
>never bored
>everything is generally good and easy
I don't regret it at all. It's the best thing that ever happened to me

Where do NEETs live and if not with parents how do you afford it?

This. I go to bed at 6am and wake up at 3pm. I like to vibe through the night nigga

>He doesn't know about gobernment gibs

Attached: 1625517137683.jpg (550x550, 253.11K)

I didn't think those were available to white people.

In a first world country those are easy available for everyone. I am 28 and I have never worked in my life.

>>roommate
i see. >at the other i'm worried what if it doesnt work out
i don't get why youre worried about this though, if it fails that's like one week of your life, and you can go back to living exactly how you did. i feel you tho, im just suggesting you try something different
>again im pretty conflicted. I hate beeing around with people but i also can't stand beeing ocmpletely alone..
lol same. i think humans are innately social animals no matter how introverted or extraverted a person is. but i hope you find one user, it's much better to go through life with at least one person you can talk to especially as you age.
>>contacting parents
i understand man sorry. i didn't realize it was that bad. monthly call is probably the best balance so you don't cut them out completely but they don't affect your day to day life

also thanks again btw, i'm an 18yo whos gone through a few of the things you mentioned and what youve told me has helped inform me on where i want to go with my life

>I didn't think those were available to white people.
you just have to be a "victim". whether that be black, a woman, transgender, disabled/autistic, or native

In America you have to be a nigger or illegal immigrant to get stuff for free. Otherwise you need to be actively looking for work.

I'm a 30 year old straight white male and make over 4k a month in disability NEETbux. I go to bars everyday during the day when it's slow

That's because you're unable to think for yourself, retard

What disability?

>I'm a 30 year old straight white male and make over 4k a month in disability NEETbux. I go to bars everyday during the day when it's slow
what country are you from and how do you pass your time at bars?

I have a case of the terminal ligmas

America, picking up for honeys

Attached: 1639960607788.gif (133x121, 112.11K)

It was comfy. I'll probably have to leave it soon because I'm getting a bit too old for it. I just used my freetime to experiment with a bit of everything life has to offer. Don't recommend it for normalfags (You people) It only worked for me because I'm a sociopath.

Schizoaffective depressive type and ptsd
USA. I just chill at bars until they get busy. You get to know the regulars before it gets overly packed.

not a NEET right now but I used to be one up until 2020, I got a job and finished my education. Not much has changed though, I still spend my money in whatever because now I can afford to but I barely leave the house. Right now I'm saving up money to buy picrel

Attached: 164302304049.jpg (1600x1200, 296.13K)

Is that real or a scam? I want in.

pros:
- comfy
- very little human contact
- time for all your hobbies

cons:
- difficult to justify your life to anyone else which destroys your self-esteem
- try stay in shape or you'll get health issues when you get older
- very difficult to get into a normal life anymore if you're neet long time
- parents die at some point which might make things difficult for you

I'm 42 and been extremely solitude (diagnosed AvPD) and jobless most of my adult life. I moved out when I was 32.

It never really was a clear decision to be hikikomori, things just went that way. I don't regret how things have gone because I don't look up against having a job and all that anyway, I've never had much ambition for that. Biggest problem is other people don't understand that.

It's real. I get social security disability for my schizoaffective ssdi ($930) and VA disability ($3300) for my ptsd

Mundane for the most part, sleep during the day, wake up at 7, eat, work out, play some games on my DS while browsing Any Forums, watch some anime, draw, then just shifting between media consumption and doodling until the sun comes up.
>you are regretful of the decision
Any other day I would have say no, but as I woke up this evening I remembered back to middle school, and how I had aspirations and goals and a desire to become something and how I recoiled at the first sign of adversity. If there's one thing I truly regret, it's giving up so soon.

Attached: 2839.jpg (540x462, 26.17K)

Anyone larping that they make enough off disability is a liar. It's like 900/month. All neets live with their parents

Not true see: Even if someone doesn't make VA disability though you could still go for section 8 housing and live alone.

For me it was great in my early twenties. Once I hit my mid twenties I started to really feel like a gigantic loser to my family and society as a whole. I feel like the isolation and lack of working destroyed me psychologically in a way. I came out of neetdom with a severely damaged work ethic and lack of communication skills. I also just felt like a child still. Difficult to talk to my peers who were so far ahead of me in every metric.

Also want to add that I also was getting sick of the lifestyle. I was constantly bored and restless and suffering from depression.

If you're voluntarily neet it's such a drastically different life decision than what normies do that the only thing you will ever be met with is ridicule and abuse. Normies cannot stand the fact that they spent their adult lives making Mr Shekelburg rich and instead of facing that failure in themselves will unload all that self loathing onto you. You'll never, ever be able to talk to normies and they will not respect you. But that's why some guys choose to bee NEET-the normies were going to shit on them anyway so the NEETS didn't really see the point of seeking their approval.

It's not moral to do nothing and have other people provide for you but a NEET is hardly the worst offender here as the government would need to end all subsidies for corporations and foreign aid if they wanted people to "pull their own weight." CEO's in Wal-Street are getting far larger amounts of neetbux than you ever will. You're not good, but hardly the biggest evil.

>All neets live with their parents
I pay $0 in rent for a small studio just for being on governmentgibs

Attached: 212620097.jpg (3264x1295, 1.73M)

You're a section 8 lowlife. Nothing to brag about

You are a slave working off most of your living days to experience a living quality barely (if) superior to his. At the end of the day both of you are posting on Any Forums but instead of busting his ass that user was playing vidya or doing whatever the fuck he liked. Genuinely consider suicide, you're as valuable as an ant.

Ah but you see, that's besides the point.
> All neets live with their parents

Attached: 274857686995.png (680x545, 132.77K)

I can't express how elated I would be to never have to work again if basics
>rent somewhere that wasn't a guaranteed death sentence
>necessary utilities
>internet connection
were provided. At this point after 29 years of school and work I think I could go at least as long just sitting in a room computing all day.

You think you're making a point but you are not, just making a fool of yourself

>the guy doing ad hom wants to talk about not being able to make a point

Don't care if you can't read, you're still a nigger

>don't have to do anything
>lose motivation
>get bored of non-stop stimulation
>lose social skills
>feel ashamed of my existence

Post hand and eye subhuman, probably whiter than you Jose.

You're just namecalling so it's pretty easy to tell you have nothing worth listening to.

Post yours, woman
Not even your stepdad cares about you, woman

Attached: IMG_20220129_234116.jpg (1200x1600, 1.01M)

lifting, drawing, eating healthy, going to the arcade, programming, language learning, watching animu, hanging with gf, playing vidya with my friends, watching movies with my best friend, playing danmaku.

i dont see any reason to be regretful. im healthier than most wagies and i lead a more active lifestyle.

Also, fuck playing my face here, even just my eye. I have blue eyes

>tyrone hasn't posted his skin yet
Ruh oh

Strange how hasn't posted her hand yet

Here's an old thread for you, OP.

Attached: wageslaveorneet.png (1655x672, 181.07K)

wageslaveorneet2

Attached: wageslaveorneet2.png (1888x949, 102.02K)

wageslaveorneet3

Attached: wageslaveorneet3.png (1823x962, 77.82K)

wageslaveorneet4

Attached: wageslaveorneet4.png (1637x851, 123.68K)

I was a wagie until covid, adn got to ride the gibs train until September. I worked until the end of the year and quit when I caught covid.

My tax return was is smaller than I thought it was going to be, and I'll have to go back to work next month, but I'm seriously dreading it. I felt like I finally was in a good mental space after it being horrible for 16 of the 18 months I had off, just to go to work and quickly have my quality of life degrade again.

I went to the mental hospital twice in those 18 months. I think I finally had time to process the last 10 years of trauma, but was also struggling to cope with where my life would end up next.

Now that feelings coming back in full, I plan on seeing my therapist and I hope they have resources outside of just talk therapy, because long term it's never been a tool for good for me.

Attached: madone.jpg (725x488, 24.31K)

Really wish we had UBI... about to start a second job to fix some things around the house.

So I'm assuming you're a brownie, considering you ghosted the thread

OH NONONONONONO BROWN SISTERS, TO DISCORD WE FLEE

Slay kweens yasssss

Kek, I went outside and come back to this. You're legitimately mentally ill. Also nice (((tanned))) hand Rodriguez De La Noche
You're not fooling anybody

>no hand yet
Ok, Sasha

>very difficult to get into a normal life anymore if you're neet long time
I just started a job after being neet for almost 2 years and it requires a significant amount of human contact. It's kind of a scary feeling, I don't know if I'm ready to handle it.

Your entire family is disgusted by you. You feel as loved and appreciated as a hobo on heroin pissing and shitting in front of the general public. Your body starts to shut down because you're immobile. You get fat. You have no money so you have to dress in rags. You feel useless because you're not doing anything with your life. People can see and sense you don't have a job so they regard you with utter contempt and it affects you everywhere you go, because of this you spend the majority of your time in a room by yourself.

Despite your schizophrenia, I'm white and you are coping instead of proving you're not brown

Have you either tried or considered smiting thyself by thine hand

Near identical to me, user but I don't go out much. I have a lot of trouble with leaving the house and always have, even when I had a routine going.

the urge to save my fleeting physical and mental health forced me into NEETdom, bosses are scumbags they'll take everything they can from you

I was a NEET from 21 to 28
I miss it for maybe 10 minutes once a month when ive got a day full of work and schoolwork but generally speaking it fucking sucked