I just closed a home in rural Canada.
I have a 3.25m^2 ground floor room.
I want to set up a home gym in there.

What do I buy?
Why do I buy it?
How should I put it in the room?

Attached: 10x10.jpg (910x480, 44.93K)

Oops, I got the dimensions wrong.

Apparently it's actually like 3.25m*3.75m.

The door is kind of narrow, I think, too. It doesn't look like a full size door.

Buy a total gym device. Something with two cables that uses magnets housed inside the device to control resistance.

Cheap squat cage with pulldown accessory, rogue ohio bar, cheapest plates you can find on amazon, olympic dumbells, adjustable bench. Buy it all on amazon

Anything specific?

Also how would I get that through the door?

Are you opposed to bodyweight exercises? If you aren't, I can make some recommendations that's going to save you a shitload of money.

I mean, I can just do bodyweight stuff in the living room, right? Why design a room around it?

IDK

Plates are really expensive, and I can't find anything that doesn't require a huge amount in shipping (rural) or me to drive for several hours to a stranger's house.

>I mean, I can just do bodyweight stuff in the living room, right? Why design a room around it?

That's the other thing: You could make a dual purpose room for the amount of room you'd be selling. Or just put all your callisthenic stuff in the living room and instead do something else with this room. Food for thought...

You could make a dual purpose room for the amount of room you'd be selling.
selling = saving

as someone who has already bought a home gym, I would just advise you that buy once cry once is very real. Buy the best you can afford

>I can just do bodyweight stuff in the living room, right?
Oh youre a complete beginner. Stick to going to an actual gym, and get some experience before building your own. That way you'll know exactly what you'll need

>Also how would I get that through the door?
Something like Tonal or an equivalent device. Not sure how many competitors there are that are as compact as Tonal though.

>power cage
>barbell
>bench
>calibrated plates

N
O

pic related from Griffin Fitness
Rogue Ohio Power Bar
spotter arms of your brand of choice
horse stall mats
Rogue OSO collars

Attached: Screenshot_20220615-210851_Chrome.jpg (564x851, 129.92K)

I bought my Power rack from gorila fitness. A canadian brand was pretty cheap in 2016 and you could customise color length etc for free would recommend.

Thanks mang. :)

Went ahead and ordered one. Should be where I'm at in a few weeks.

As for like, a barbell and stuff. I think I'll just buy a plain barbell and make the weights and such myself. Not terribly difficult, since I've got a decent miter saw and drill press. Plus steel here is pretty cheap.

dip bars bruh

>I just closed a home in rural Canada
Nice man, what province

-power rack, deadlift platform, bench, barbell, set of plates (4x20kg, 2x10kg, 2x5kg, 2×2.5kg, 2×1.25kg)
-i've been doing stronglifts 5x5 for 2 months, therefore I'm an expert. you buy it because you can do stronglifts with that.
-rack on west wall, facing east. platform on center, facing along west/east. bench and plates are close to the rack for accesibility.

This is the worst fucking advice i have ever heard in my 13 years of browsing /fit.

Jesus please just cancel the order right now.

These are much better suggestions. Also invest in some adjustable dumbbells and a bench. The more you can buy used the better. Dont worry too much about quality, just get the right diameter of barbell and plates.