Spartan Race (or other races) Thread

Is the Spartan Race and other obstacle-based races a meme, or is it something worth participating in?
Anyone here every run anything like it?

Attached: p3534167449-4.jpg (800x532, 266.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/16xNOtaSLbc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm doing a spartan ultra in september. I don't think it's entirely a meme but I do like having something to train for, keeps my workouts goal oriented.

>paying lots of money to run around

Tough Mudder
>Jog ~1/2 mile
>Wait in line for an obstacle
>Climb a wall or smth
>Repeat for 9 miles

Not worth the money imo

fuck, i got talked into doing it this summer and i'm not really looking forward to it

Kind of like pathetic surrogate for physical struggle in the lives of insulated yuppies but if you use it likethen it’s not a bad idea

If you do cardio regularly and you're in decent shape, it shouldn't give you much trouble. The waiting your turn on obstacles makes it easier, but also more frustrating because I hate waiting in line for things.

This.
Take up climbing ( bit gay) mountaineering (pretty low bang for buck) canyoning or something whitewater if you want a physically challenge that is real in the sense that you are fully committed in the natural environment.

This. Cardio is key and will allow you to complete it without trouble. If you don't do your cardio though...
>mfw doing a Spartan 5k, and seeing a girl near the atlas stones puking and diarrhea-ing uncontrollably in her tights before being picked up by the medical truck.

Attached: b27.jpg (798x644, 41.03K)

>gf ran “tough mudder”
>just moved into new apartment
>was unpacking while she ran
>inaugural poop went poorly
>clog.jpg
>tell gf to get plunger on way home from race
>buys plunger from store while covered in what looks like sewage
Makes me lol every time I think about it

Attached: 8E3211F4-D6BB-4A86-B47E-3A4CF655FF7B.jpg (768x850, 221.71K)

Took me a second for my retard brain to process it, but when I got it I fucking howled. You've got a keeper, user.

>move in to new place in the morning
>eat humungus lunch
>take a brontosaurus-tier shit
>clog the toilet before I've bought a plunger
>2fast2furious back and forth to home depot to buy one before somebody comes home and discovers it
Has happened to me every time I've moved in my life

I didn't realize someone could do them simultaneously

Gastrointestinal distress is a helluva drug, user.

those girls look dyel though

How does that work for ultras, aren't they timed?

Also you get lightly tazed at the end
youtu.be/16xNOtaSLbc

You've never had a particularly bad hangover then

woooow nice milkers

One of the only realistic and helpful response. This board is getting gay as fuck.

>getting a group of friends together and having a fun day doing Any Forums things
>"No I can't do that it's too expensive and dumb abloobloobloo."
How about you stop being poor and get friends.