Alright, Any Forums. Im sick at home and decided to run a food experiment

Alright, Any Forums. Im sick at home and decided to run a food experiment.
Seed oils are pretty well accepted to be something to avoid by most health conscious people. For many items its easy to swap out butter, but that burns in high heat cooking like stir fries. So today I made teriyaki chicken with 3 different types of high heat fat: avocado oil, ghee, and lard.
For the experiment, I cooked the same amount of chicken and marinade (~280g) in 1 tbsp (14-15g) of each oil. The same level of heat on the stove was used, as well as the same pan just cleaned out and brought up to roughly the same temp. Chicken was cooked by searing uninterrupted for 2 minutes followed by 3 more minutes of stir-frying.
Observations:
Avocado oil was the most neutral of the bunch. However I noticed it made the pan tended to have a bit more burnt marinade on the bottom between all the fats. Nothing remarkable to note beyond that.
Ghee*:
I think it left a slightly more golden color on the chicken, however the more charred marinade covers it up. The flavor is actually quite rich (assuming because it essentially all saturated fat). Also left my kitchen smelling like pastries which is nice.
*ghee was homemade by rendering kerrygold Irish butter. The quality of this ingredient may alter results.
Lard:
Left the pan the absolute cleanest of all fats (fewer burnt on bits, and they came off very easily). The smell was quite off putting at first as it smelled slightly like rancid meat. However as the cooking continued the smell combined a bit more with the burnt marinade and actually came to be quite pleasant. Imparted quite a meaty, savoury flavor to the chicken too. Less rich than ghee, but very noticeable compared to the flavorless avocado oil.

I might run more experiments like this to help make better choices for better cooking.

Attached: Anti-sneed oil experiment.jpg (1980x4032, 2.26M)

another goyslop thread. great

I literally just cook it with butter, add salt and that's it, you faggots over complicated everything

Just boil it in water like a true Chad. Interesting experiment though. You should have included one with sneed oil for reference

if you do another experiment, make sure to try coconut oil. i hear it's the best for you, but i never cook with it because it imparts a strong taste.

Is olive oil a sneed oil???

no, but dont cook with it at high temperatures.

What the fuck is sneed oil? There is a chuck oil too? The name of the owner of the store was Al btw

Test

All of them look good. Nice knowing to marinade them shits. Cycle them because the same thing day in and day out sucks ass

How many MG of protein you trying to hit?

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 23.26K)

I didn't want to just spend money on sneed oil to use a tablespoon and throw out. Not to mention the use of that oil is intended to be "neutral" so it shouldn't impart flavor or texture unless it's gone rancid. This experiment focus on what to use instead.
I thought about coconut oil, but I notice it actually smokes when I make stir fries, telling me something isn't right with it (either its not as high smoke as I'm needing or it's not pure oil). I may include it in future experiments for non-stir-fried dishes.
No. Sneed oils are processed and hydrogenated to make them shelf stable. An olive you can pick from a tree, squeeze it and get oil. Not to mention the olive fruit itself is not a seed.
Daily goal is 160g. Marinating isn't necessary, but this experiment came about in a failed attempt to make hibachi chicken (i lacked an ingredient for that marinade) but said fuck it and used some of my teriyaki instead. I would not recommend marinating in teriyaki though, and I wasn't thinking about it at the time, because the sugars tend to burn and can leave an unpleasant charred flavor.
But if I was to pick one of the fats to use consistently, I would go with ghee, and I would spend a little time making it yourself with some good quality butter.

QRD on your marinade?

Attached: 1587416708256.jpg (1017x1207, 523.56K)

I’m still curious though. Even if it’s meant to be neutral the taste comparison would have been interesting

I never got to prep chicken like this lmao. I've done double jobs where one has a gym but putting in consistent 93 or so hours a week just to pay bills and save for school.
I'd get the walmart or costco packs, airfry wi some steak spice for the whole week. I want to be 180lbs so I calc out 600g of chicken

Attached: 4rc708.png (480x510, 214.78K)

i guarantee you in a double blind test you would never be able to tell the difference, please go be a schizo somewhere else

Just a basic teriyaki I spice up.
>2 parts basedsauce
>2 parts sake
>2 parts mirin
>1 part local raw honey
>1 clove garlic
>an equal amount of ginger slices
>half a habanero pepper
Whisk the liquid ingredients in a bowl, then put in a sauce pan with the whole spices (just crush the garlic and only slice the habanero pepper in half). Put the heat to medium low and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
This yields like half a mason jar's worth, so I scale this up and fill a couple jars to have over a long period of time.
You can also do what I did and put a little in another pan to simmer with a cornstarch slurry and thicken it up (post-experiment I combined the chicken and tossed in that thicker sauce).
Fair point. The ghee did change the texture a little bit, so it may provide that element to it as well.
I'm at home with coof and this was the first day I had energy to cook. I normally do a big weekly meal prep that includes batches of a stir fry and either some roasted chicken with potatoes, or a ground beef, sweet potato hash.
I'm a manlet, though, so 160g protein nets me about 1.15g per lb.
I tend to keep around random things that will keep though and my korean quick pickles were calling to me.

Attached: 1633258144867.jpg (966x760, 138.73K)

damn that sounds like a lot of fucking work
I just add some garlic powder, cumin and paprika to store-bought BBQ sauce and blend it all in warm milk lol

Why?

Are you a fucking bot?

It has a low smoke point and tastes bad when it burns.

Hey user I'm super new to cooking but trying my best, what kind of chicken is that? Like is it breasts, tenderloins, etc? Any suggestions for best price/taste/macros?

>Seed oils are pretty well accepted to be something to avoid by most health conscious people.
yeah if you are an internet schizo.