Does creatine cause hair loss?

Does creatine cause hair loss?

Attached: 20220615_145801.jpg (750x570, 57.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19741313/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7871530/
everydayhealth.com/hair-loss/hormone-replacement-therapy-as-a-hair-loss-treatment.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Losing strands of hair causes hairloss

It definitely feels like it does and I didn't want to risk it.

Hoptal

both my grandpas are bald so i might as well do creatine

genetics causes hairloss, creatine itself does not

Hoptal :(

Probably

>does creatine cause hairloss?
>>It only increases it if you were already susceptible to hairloss.
>Okay
>*makes the same thread the next day*

I had my gf who studied pharmacy for 5 years and works in clinical trials look into this and there are no studies to show clearly claim creatine is linked to hair loss

Thanks kang

Wouldn't the hairs grow back if you stopped? How could it cause permanent hairloss?

No the follicle dies.

I take it and have taken it for years, don't have any hair loss

Okay retards I just went hard on the research because I started creatine a week ago so I'll dump here and save you the time.
The hair loss rumor comes from a single South African study with two populations of like 20 each. The creatine one saw an increased DHT level by 40-60%. (I'm pretty sure it was DHT. Whatever it was, it was the hormone that causes baldness when present on the scalp but that causes facial hair growth on the face. btw that's why dudes who tend to grow good beards also tend to go bald).
Anyway, this was one unreplicated study with a fairly small sample size. Unreplicated, but it should be noted, no one has actually tried since then. Also, the baseline DHT level for the creatine group was below average to begin with, so that confounds things, especially when dealing with percents. The end average DHT level also remained within healthy range.
Regardless, anecdotes are useful, so I typed "creatine hairloss reddit" to scour some long reddit threads for anecdotal evidence. Most didn't report hair loss in the thread or two I checked, but I ctrl+F'ed explicitly for the dudes that did and there were some. Most were reporting from the age range that male pattern baldness typically begins to appear, around 30.
Checking again today, and I found one thread filled with "100% it causes hair loss" and another firmly in the "pure myth" camp. God I hate reddit.
I've also heard somewhere that it may (MAY) accelerate the process if you're genetically predisposed to it as mentions but that's hearsay on my end. I've also read stalwart believers that it doesn't even acclerate the process at all, even if you're predisposed to it.

Attached: men's health.jpg (1080x1730, 302.2K)

WHAT WOULD BE INTERESTING is if the chucklenuts who started on creatine started observing not only their hair loss, but their facial hair growth as well. Placebo effect and all. In my case, I basically cannot grow facial hair, so this is really easy to observe. So while I am admittedly paranoid of any hair that falls out of my scalp, I cannot say I have noticed any increase in my facial hair.

>pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19741313/

Attached: bosnian gym.jpg (2268x4032, 2.36M)

taking creatine and supplements is frauding

>Does it cause hair loss?
>retard who thinks he knows what's what says "it doesn't cause hair loss, it only increases the chance of it in those already susceptible"
Every fucking thread. Stop spreading misinformation.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7871530/
>The vast majority of speculation regarding the relationship between creatine supplementation and hair loss/baldness stems from a single study by van der Merwe et al. where college-aged male rugby players who supplemented with creatine [...] experienced an increase in serum dihydrotestosterone (DHT) concentrations over time.
>the results of van der Merwe et al. have not been replicated, and that intense resistance exercise itself can cause increases in these androgenic hormones.
>in the van der Merwe et al. study, no increase in total testosterone was found in the 16 males who completed the study. Free testosterone was not measured. Moreover, the increase in DHT and the DHT: testosterone ratio remained well within normal clinical limits. Furthermore, baseline [...], DHT was 23% lower in the creatine group (0.98 nmol/L) compared to the placebo group (1.26 nmol/L). Thus the small increase in DHT in the creatine group [...], in combination with a small decrease in the placebo DHT response [...] explains the “statistically significant” increase in DHT noted by van der Merwe et al.
>12 other studies have investigated the effects of creatine supplementation [...] on testosterone. Two studies reported small, physiologically insignificant increases in total testosterone after six and seven days of supplementation, while the remaining ten studies reported no change in testosterone concentrations. In five of these studies, free testosterone, which the body uses to produce DHT, was also measured and no increases were found.
>In summary, the current body of evidence does not indicate that creatine supplementation increases total testosterone, free testosterone, DHT or causes hair loss/baldness.

ONE MORE THING my hypothesis is that a big reason why the "creatine causes hair loss" rumor gets shilled a lot is to cover up PED usage. Steroids and Test are well known to cause hair loss so dudes looking for something to pin their hair loss on can use an innocuous supplement as an out.

other studies have investigated the effects of creatine supplementation [...] on testosterone. Two studies reported small, physiologically insignificant increases in total testosterone after six and seven days of supplementation, while the remaining ten studies reported no change in testosterone concentrations. In five of these studies, free testosterone, which the body uses to produce DHT, was also measured and no increases were found.
So they found it didn't increase T, but didn't investigate DHT? For all we know, creatine could cause the rate of conversion from T to DHT to increase. Your article even accounts for this:
> While it is possible that creatine supplementation upregulated 5-alpha-reductase activity in these males (potentially leading to increased formation of DHT), no study has reported hair loss/baldness in humans.
Has any other study actually examined hair loss and creatine?

GUYS OMG STOP WE NEED TO SISSIFY OURSELVES!!! MY HECKING HAIR>>> NO STOP YOUR T LEVES ARE TOO HIGH. TAKE ESTROGEN NOW OR SAY BYE TO YOUR HAIR. STUDIES PROVE ESTROGEN MAINTAINS HAIR. GET. ON. THIS. NOW!!!!

everydayhealth.com/hair-loss/hormone-replacement-therapy-as-a-hair-loss-treatment.aspx

>Hormone replacement therapy involves taking female hormones, typically estrogen and progestin together. Women may get these hormones in varying forms, including estrogen and progesterone creams, pills, and patches. So for women who have hair loss caused by low estrogen levels, hormone replacement therapy may restore estrogen levels, ward off menopausal symptoms — AND SLOW HAIR LOSS.

EVERYBODY GET ON THIS NOW. THE DILATION IS SO GOOD. MY GAPING MEAT HOLE IS SO HAIRY WHEN BEFORE I WAS SMOOTH. HIT ME UP IF YOU WANT A FULL HAIRED BEAUT. >>> NO BALDIES PLEASE.

Attached: OP.gif (374x665, 3.14M)

words words words
just say you're balding