Jobs

Have you ever considered leaving your job cause it interferes with your fit lifestyle?
>Work as a teacher
>8 till 3 but have to stay to 6 to mark books, prepare lessons etc
>Expected to do tons of work at home
>Have to skip gym some nights due to having work dumped on me

Attached: 1609461831399.png (864x509, 461.43K)

Why would you willingly become a teacher?

Yes I did but im no standard for this I was working at amazon and it pays great for somebody who's 22yo and lives with his parents but I end up staying home like once a week so I wasn't really making that much money while I was hurting my body
So I changed for a job in wawa (kinda like a 7/11) and am saving money for vacations in Thanksgiving because I hate my whole family and I rather be in uruguay or Philippines than with them

Attached: B0P3h1uCUAAk8wR.jpg (480x640, 36.57K)

>when you realize all jobs, school, and university are unhealthy and unfit.

literally society is trying to kill you and pretending not.

Attached: 1619466922594.jpg (1200x602, 110.83K)

No but I’ve considered leaving because I fucking hate it and gives me zero fulfillment

Teachers are supposed to be pillars of the community and that’s the job you chose.

my job keeps me fit and let’s me get a tan

Attached: FF5CAB0D-12F3-4273-B8A7-6E1622440C21.jpg (3088x2320, 1.37M)

>60k a year
>pillers of anything but being a broke ass nigga

Attached: IMG-20220610-WA0000.jpg (899x1599, 123.55K)

what the fuck are you doing that takes you an additional 3 hours to grade and lesson plan? I teach 8-3 too and I'm at the gym by 5 at latest, rarely take any work home.

I did leave uni and pick up a part time job. Exams made my life hell as i crumbled under stress far too often. Now i just crumble under my inferiority complex but not enough to prevent me from getting fit

I'm good at it
International schools pay well and I want to travel
It becomes a decent paying management job after a few years as a guy

Just teach Math and sports, you won't have to do any work outside of school. Also teachers earn a decent wage where I'm from+vacations and off days. It's pretty comfy

Attached: prof_indy.jpg (1920x816, 79.81K)

How are you getting it done that fast? I have to write individual comments on all the work, and give additional tasks. Then lesson planning takes me a good hour for a lesson, more if it's a complicated one. After that I'll have to print sheets out, write up lesson plans and other admin shit that needs done.

I'm doing planning on getting a job abroad. Teaching in the UK sucks ass. If you want to do it to the standard expected you have to give up all your free time basically.

>posting Indi
>not teaching history

Attached: UC9UPjg__01.jpg (196x245, 20.42K)

Do you speak any languages besides english/do you pick up languages fast?

Just English, most international schools don't expect you to speak a word of the language of the country. I got a job interview with Harrow Hong Kong, didn't get it unfortunately.

Save yourself a lot of trouble in the future. Save all of your lesson plans. Every single one. Then in the future you will never have to plan again.

On summer vacation right now with college. This year actually been working out close to every day. I’m proud to look at myself now which give me confidence. But I worry that once college starts back up again it will effect my routine and therefore my gains.

Doing that, but I'm a new teacher so it's a grind right now. I'll download pre-made ones when I can but the quality is mixed.

Teacher here (in 'murica) I literally never take work home.

everything is assigned on Google Classroom, I grade, give feedback, and follow up with emails. I can lesson plan an entire 3 week unit in less than 30 minutes and write everything out in less than an hour. I made a bunch of worksheets and templates in college that I still use today.

I usually spend my prep doing any planning necessary, then grade all of the day's assignments after class. I don't like having a backlog so I make sure to grade immediately unless we have PD or PLC.

what subject do you teach?