ITT fitness logic that makes no sense

I'll start, why is it so much easier to dip your bodyweight for 10 reps compared to benching your bodyweight for 10 reps?

Attached: 010293853975_012948.png (719x399, 152.88K)

you also use your back muscles on the dips

Improper dip form. Aka do them properly you lazy twat

But I do, good shoulder mobility from playing sports so I can go low to touch my thumbs to my armpit

you're using your triceps a lot more on dip than you do on bench

You just suck at benching. There's a lot learn about it.

you don't use all your bodyweight when you do a dip

Dips are way more natural. Honestly when do you ever use a bench movement?
A punch? When is a punch ever that slow?

>when do you ever use your chest and triceps?
Like every time I move my arms.

maybe, but take any DYEL and you could get them doing 10 dips faster than 10 BW bench presses

I train mostly bodyweight and 'le natural calisthenics exercises' are a meme. Most situations in the real world requiring strength involves you moving something, not you moving yourself

Attached: push-starting-a-car.jpg (430x287, 22.21K)

>and when you do dips
God people are so defensive about benching

You support your weight with arms so you are probably soing dips with 70% from your bodyweight.

Who the fuck pushes a car with their triceps and chest? This is a leg and back/core push. user is right, dips are a much more natural movement that is used much more than a bench press motion. Now that doesnt mean you shouldnt do bench press at all, it just means that in the majority of cases dips are def superior

retard, these muscles get stronger but in the position you move them. If you do bench press then push muscles will be stronger, but in position like when doing bench press, it has little carryover to dips, let alone punching which is completely different exercise (explosive). If you want to get good at punching, you do more punching, not bench press, even though it's the same muscles, they are made from doing completely different movements. Bench press is like the least functional exercise ever, it's just a mass builder

You have a good point for sure. Human design is 100% for manipulating the environment.
OP was asking about body weight dips vs your body weight on bench.

try doing decline bench and compare it to flat. theres your answer.

Stop shitting up the board.

No I'm not. Dips or bench will work just fine. Bench has more weight potential but it's not like dips can't be loaded heavy enough to get huge too. I'm just saying that neither is more natural than the other and it wouldn't matter if one was because your chest and tricep development doesn't dissapear when you don't gym equipment in your hands.
You sound like you're trying to sell me a bench with 120 inclination levels. I'm pretty sure my triceps don't dissapear when I change the angle of my arms by a couple degrees and I don't give half a damn about punching.

Both are quite easy

More muscle groups

When you do a push up because your body goes up diagonally from your feet to you shoulders, you are actually just pushing a fraction of your bodyweight.
In a similar way the position at which you dip can make your center of mass be better aligned, for example, if you were to do a dip with a perfectly straight body in relation to the ground, your center of mass would be right on your hips and make you move all of your weight but because you have to lean forward a bit making your body move down diagonally, this places your center of mass further in front of your hips, at shoulder height which means the weight in your center of mass moves only the mass of your upperbody while your legs are uses as counter balance which makes the move a little bit easier.
Wich a bench, you can reduce the rom wich makes the move easier by taking advantage of the mechanical angles at wich the muscles are stronger but supposing that you do proper form, there is no way to cheat it, if you weight say 180 pounds and that's how much you bench, you are moving 180 pounds of dead weight and can't use angles and leverage to make it easier (you can but is considered improper form.)

>people say chinups are easier than pullups
>can do 10 full ROM slow controlled pullups
>dead after 4 normal chinups

Attached: file.png (638x479, 125.99K)