Bulk or cut?

Bulk or cut?
6'1 163lbs

Skinny fat fag, friend who has made it says to bulk, but I don't know if he's right since he was skinny before making it.

Was fatter before with equally as little muscle as I have now, and I think I overall look a bit better just cutting out sugar from my diet 6 months ago. Just started training seriously 1 week ago.

Any help appreciated

Attached: 20220615_103736.jpg (2336x3629, 1.14M)

Attached: 20220615_103748.jpg (2151x2792, 990.35K)

It depends on what you want really. You're at that bf where you can decide if you want to cut and thus making your next bulk/cut cycle easier, or bulk now but cut for 3-5 months to look good. I did the latter and been cutting for almost 4 months now and this shit fucking sucks. I still have a good 4 weeks more to go and just want to get it over with.

build muscle first, so bulk but dont eat like a pig

I was 6’0” 80kg I’ve decided to first cut because bulking @20% bf is just pointless. I did 2month cut, lost 0.6kg weekly down to 74kg and now I’ve bulked up back to 79kg over 5months. People are now noticing I go to the gym and I’ll soon go on a cut again and then bulk and push for 1/2/3/4.
Recommend you do the same. Try to really push first few weeks and then ease off with deficit as it will get harder and harder. Also do cardio in this time so you can eat above 2k kcal it really makes a big difference. And go hard in the gym.

I currently eat about 2900kcal, which feels like I'm eating like a pig, but I think my TDEE is at about 2400kcal.
I make sure to get about 1g of protein for every lbs of bodyweight

Thanks man, I think I feel happier at a lower bf%
I think either way I would look better getting the fat of first, should I stop my cut when I see abs or am I just going to go full skelly mode then?

Didn’t even look at the pics before, definitely cut you have so much belly fat and also your fucking limbs are fat. That triceps skinfold sure is over 10mm I bet. You’re closer to 25%bf

I think so too, people generally see me as normal looking, but I think the bulk of my fat is in my belly as well as in my ass/thighs
Appreciate it thanks

Just checked tricep fold and it's definitely more than 10mm

don't know why you've even made this thread. Just work out nigga. Why would you cut down to an even sadder body?

this is also ridiculously wrong - you're not anywhere near 25% BF, you just have no muscle ANYWHERE to fill out your stature.

Stop making stupid threads.

I just started working out, and will continue to do so, just wanted to know in what direction to go since I'm too retarded to see if I'm fat or not myself

You’re skinny as shit do a small surplus of 250-500 calories

Maintenance and start a beginner program like Greyskull LP. You are skinnyfat, cutting won't help. Because you have no muscle you'll be able to recomp your body at maintenance for about 8 weeks. In this time you'll gain muscle and lose some fat. No need to go straight for a bulk yet

I'm currently doing PPL 6 times a week, should I swap for greyskull?

Anything is fine so long as there's a clear progression. I'm just saying that going straight for a bulk isn't always advisable of you only just started.
Either way don't cut, as I said it won't help stop you being skinnyfat unless you go skelly mode

How can one person tell me I look obese and the next I look skinny as shit, this shit is why I have no idea and is stuck in this fucking limbo of skinny/fat

Because the one calling you obese is very clearly wrong lel

Progression in lift or body? Someone suggested going for maintenance for 8 weeks and see where that takes me

There is no point in bulking when you can gain muscle on a deficit. Recomp for 2-3 months, then start a proper bulk/cut cycle.

Recomping here means staying withing my TDEE right?

Slightly under, 200-300 kcal