/fat/ Fat loss general

Fat fuck feeling sorry for himself but doesn't do anything about it Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For light snackers who are working towards a better physique through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication. This is not QTDDTOT, stick to questions on fat loss. Post height and weight when asking for advice.
Join our Fatty Contest: fattycontest.com/

>What do I do first?
1. Read physiqonomics.com/fat-loss/
2. Calculate your Body Fat Percentage: fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
3. Calculate your TDEE: sailrabbit.com/bmr/
Remember to use bodyfat% and use Katch-McArdle Formula with sedentary settings or your TDEE will be too high.
4. Plan your weight loss: losertown.org/eats/cal.php
5. Track your nutrition with MyFitnessPal (better for packaged food), Cronometer (better for generic food/macros) or LoseIt (great for both).

>Now what?
Count calories, all of them.
Eat about 500-1000 less calories than your TDEE.
Buy scales, be accurate.
Learn to cook. Try to stick to lean protein and green vegetables.
Eat a lot of protein. 1g per lb of goal lean body mass.
Doing cardio, even just walking, will improve your health. There is no such thing as a healthy fat heart, but you can offset the risks.
Lifting weights will keep and gain muscle mass and burn fat much quicker. No lifting results in the body burning away muscle AND fat.
Drink more water.
Read the Any Forums sticky: liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>DON'T
Eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calories.
Eat processed foods.
Drink your calories (alcohol, soda, starbucks).
Freak out over a weight loss stall. Plateaus can last up to three weeks.
"Reward" yourself. Cheat days cheat only yourself.
Be a retard.

>Other resources:
Loose skin, gyno & stretch marks: weight-loss-side-effects.netlify.app/
Reddit wiki: reddit.com/r/loseit/wiki/faq

Previous thread

Attached: feels.jpg (680x1020, 97.15K)

>For light snackers
ngmi

Attached: 1624173524308.jpg (1065x902, 168.91K)

How necessary are refeeds to maintenance? I've been cutting basically for a year, and I'm down to 190 from 270. I've gotten to the point where I'm plateauing unless I either fast a day or two a week or do a refeed week once every 4-6 weeks and then go back to my cut. I want to do whatever is going to be better for my long-term BMR.

I got gynecomastia so it doesn't matter if I lose weight.

I'm not a fat fuck. I weight 175.
When am I supposed to stop cutting?
No QTDDTOT thread so I'm asking here sorry in advance
also
>tfw all the fat in my arms, ass, and neck were the first to go so I look smaller

Attached: 1648921255510.jpg (600x576, 30.39K)

cut/lift until abs, then bulk/lift 6 months, repeat

How often for cardio

Bros... I think maybe i need to buy a new suit for my friends marriage this weekend

Attached: Snapchat-52280086.webm (368x656, 554.46K)

I'm 97kg and 188cm, TDEE estimate is 2300 kcal/day. Meanwhile, BBM folks recommend at least 1.6g protein / kg bodyweight, which puts me at 155 gpd. How the fuck am I supposed to get that much protein while losing weight? If I make a protein shake with 100g of protein it's about 1000 calories. So even eating essentially just protein shakes the most I could be cutting is 750 kcal per day. And if I did that, I would be literally constantly shitting my pants, in addition to having way more trouble with adherence for a long period of time due to constantly feeling hungry. I have no trouble just not eating, but contrary to the memes, evidence points to fasting being worse for muscle maintenance relative to fat loss than eating but at a deficit. I want to lose weight fast, my target weight is 90kg which isn't that far away, but 7kg assuming about 7700 kcal / kg is 53900 kcal, so at a rate of 1000 kcal / day it'll take about 2 months, which already feels like a long time given it's summer.

A) how can I get enough protein while losing weight?

B) how much will exercise increase my TDEE? I lift weights several times a week and do cardio kinda irregularly. If I got really consistent, how much might that help?

Why does keto work but CICO doesn't?

Attached: keto-vs-cico.png (1280x1024, 1.07M)

i lift 5x a week so my cardio is basically walking atleast 10k steps a day. fucked up my knee and can't run yet.

in a perfect world i'd say 3-4 days lifting and 2 cardio, with 1-2 rest days or something like that.

cardio is not necessary for weight loss, but it helps and is good for you

>keto is not cico
you are eating fewer calories than you spend. calling it something else does not make it not cico

Thanks. I'm 5 months into lifting and cuttingand I'm trying to re-evaluate everything when I realized my arms look big only on push days. Have lost 15 pounds though

I've been going since last september.. and think I'm in a plateau. but the idea of doing a 1-2 week diet break where I eat at maintenance seems scary as fuck brehs. I seem to gain a lil weight even just overeating by 100 cals.

5 months isn't enough time. i'm 1 year into lifting and sure i can see a big difference, especially with a pump, but it's not like i'm big yet

Gonna have a diet break from thursday to sunday.
Gonna eat carbs like a motherfucker. Can't wait.
What little i'll gain from that will be gone pretty quick, based on past experience.

Feels good to be in full and total control. I'm letting myself have a break, i'm not caving and going back to old habits.

Attached: 1649634675261.jpg (682x1024, 42.91K)

What makes you do this every thread you fucking nigger

Can i start out with a plateau?
I'm exercising often and sticking under 2k calories (my maintain is exactly 3000)
Its been a week and i didn't notice a difference in weight only being one pound less after a 24 hour fast.

I'm doing keto rn, but it isnt working for me.

I only eat 10,000 calories a day, with only 20-25g of it being carbs.

Why am I gaining weight? HELP! :(

bumpo

i took a bunch of ashwaghanda, dessicated beef organs, various multivitamins, and caffeine, and I have more energy and will to lift than I've ever had in my life, but i'm stuck at work and the only thing i can find to lift is some bench i can kind of curl and it maybe weighs 40lbs
is it bad if i just do 10x13 curls or is it bad to curl too much? dont think i can tricep extend anything well