Lifting or boxing?

If I only have time for one, which should I go with? Never done any martial arts before.
I don't plan on getting into any fights or anything, but knowing how to fight just in case seems like a good idea. On the other hand, I also want nicer aesthetics, and most boxers look pretty DYEL.

Attached: canelo-alvarez-bivol.jpg (1200x900, 116.02K)

I'd go with boxing

Attached: 1655167784270.jpg (1638x2048, 842.97K)

Boxing is not useful for street fights, martial arts in general are not gonna help you if you get stabbed by broken bottle or shot if you happen to be in USA.

Muay Thai is one that is best for fighting on the streets. Martial arts will not give you nice aesthethics, they will teach you how to fight, fighting is mostly about speed less about muscle/strength. Though for me always being athlete>static picking up of iron plates

That said, you wont find any serious boxer that doesnt also go to gym. Be prepared for hours of cardio as well, Boxing is incredibly taxing, you gonna be gassed in 30 seconds

Boxing. You'll see less volume, but it's the most fun way to get both your cardio and a heavy muscle workout at the same time. If you like to spend your time efficiently and actually learn a valuable skill, then go for boxing.

One will allow you to kick peoples asses, the other will get you looking nice and aesthetic. Which do you value more? Unless you’re a retard I’d wager you’re not going to go around getting into street fights, however if some shithead comes up to you and your girl one day what are you going to do? Boxing makes you warrior, lifting satisfies the more vain part of you and gets you equally vain chicks (but at least you’re getting pussy). The gym guys will get more girls than you because girls aren’t going around asking who’s the toughest guy in the room, they’re looking for the hottest. But, you can take solace in the fact that you can beat their fucking ass. On the flip side of that however, that’s all you’ll get. A silent pride that you can beat them up, because starting actual fights will get you shot, stabbed, arrested, or sued real quick.

>Boxing is not useful for street fights

Of course it is, it just isn't useful in every single situation, like being taken to ground for example.

All boxers lift but not all lifters box.

>Boxing is not useful for street fights
Bruh

If you spend a couple years bulking and lifting, you'll be able to beat up most people you run into and defend yourself, and you'll be huge and strong. If you spend a couple years boxing, you'll be able to beat up most people you run into and defend yourself, but you'll be small and weak. Lifting, no brainer. Real fights dont last 10 rounds, or even 1, anyway. Throw in cardio and hit the bag a few times with your lifting and you'll be able to whoop even more ass. Should you to take up boxing later, you'll already be able to hit hard.

>If you spend a couple years bulking and lifting, you'll be able to beat up most people you run into and defend yourself, and you'll be huge and strong.
But I'm a manlet

How likely am I to incur long term brain damage from sparring?

Boxing teaches you to not care about kicks or hits below stomach, grappling or getting ambushed

oh i didnt even consider that. Well if youre a true manlet, lifting or boxing wont save you. Id still go with lifting because nobody likes a really small guy who thinks they can beat everyone up

zero

Unless youre sparring with psychos you wont be getting hit full force. It will be a few weeks before you can spar, you need the basics first.Why not rotate between the 2?

Delusional, try actually fighting, you will be done after 1 minute

>Why not rotate between the 2?
I'm moving under the assumption I won't have time for both as an incoming grad student

Rotate every 3 months, 3 months boxing 3 months lifting then pick your favorite

Why not both?

Oh, I see

>you'll be able to beat up most people you run into and defend yourself
t. never been in or seen a fight in his life

you try actually fighting, or actually lifting, or actually posting body.

If youre between 1/2/3/4 and 2/3/4/5 somwhere you should absolutely be able to beat up the majority of average folks. The average guy benches like 135 and has never thrown a punch. If you are actually strong and over 200lbs theres no reason you should be scared in public. You can stop someone at the very least from hurting you.