There is no such thing as a chemical imbalance... antidepressants - all it does is mask the problems. There's ways...

>There is no such thing as a chemical imbalance... antidepressants - all it does is mask the problems. There's ways, there's vitamins, there's exercise

Attached: EAB0024F-9732-432C-A344-BDC6F2471D0E.jpg (664x398, 194.42K)

Exercise and vitamins change your chemical balance

But antidepressants are so easy. I pop a pill every day and there we go, now i'm not thinking about jumping off my window anymore.

You're a drug addict now, great. In highschool they put me on amphetamines when what I needed was for Mom to get sober and Dad to stop breaking stuff and screaming

Pill pushers are crooks. So are doctors, most of them.

and you ended up here with a bunch of other unhinged weirdos. Clearly not taking your meds has worked out well for you /s

As much as I think Tom Cruise is a faggot and scientology is stupid, I enjoy that he pisses on the psychiatric-industrial complex.

Exercise and good nutrition is all most people need to live good lives and not be mentally ill.

Your high school cannot force your Mom to get sober or stop your Dad from breaking stuff and screaming. They could either put you on amphetamines or let you flunk out of school like a nigger. Your inability to perform without drugs in your given environment is your own problem. Your doctors helped you because you couldn't help yourself.

If my opinion is invalid by virtue of my being present on the site, then so is yours. Pedantic know-nothing. I bet you're a kiss ass brown noser in real life, too.

> /s
Go back to Twitter newfag

My grades were fine. And the school wasn't involved. The problem was I kept getting in trouble for mischief. Mostly fighting with my sister, and weed. I was a delinquent with developmental issues from family disfunction. Instead of addressing the problems, the over educated crooks just wrote me a script so they could then cash the check from the drug companies.

And I think it works like that, too. There is a direct conflict of interest, where they're compensated case-by-case, per script they write for their "patients." Point is, I needed therapy and an adult I could tell that my parents were crazy, neglectful, and abusive. The greedy shrinks I ended up seeing didn't provide me an environment where I could get the help I needed, because they're only there to make money and sell drugs. It's easy for them that way

>The greedy shrinks I ended up seeing didn't provide me an environment where I could get the help I needed
You aren't entitled to one. Sorry.

The Ritalin etc makes sure you stop acting like a violent retard and gives you enough energy and focus to complete highschool. That's the point of the drug. You don't have to take it forever.

My older cousins been on meds since she was 14, she's 34 now
Poor woman can't go a day without them or she gets terrible headaches, mood changes. Spends the entire day crying or sleeping. It's the devil's bargain. We should be unironically telling kids to tough it out because the alternative is meds that absolutely fuck your brain.

>We should be unironically telling kids to tough it out because the alternative is meds that absolutely fuck your brain.
We already do this. The kids who get put on meds literally cannot handle "toughing it out." They cannot sit through a basic math class, threaten to kill themselves at every turn, or beat the shit out of other students.

Easy for you to proclaim on Any Forums, weak man. And everyone disagrees with you, anyway. If you had the courage (you don't) to voice such an opinion in your public life, you would be rightly disrespected by more empathetic people around you.

It is in everyone's interest for the support structure for struggling youth to be effective, and operated with integrity and compassion. We are all apparently only one bullied and neglected whackjob away from being shot dead in public.

That is true, to be honest. It also makes you a socially disfunctional retard, and feel suicidal all the time during the daily crashes. It's a pretty rare situation where such a powerful drug is the lesser of two evils for an adolescent, in my first hand experience. And in my case in particular, it was definitely unnecessary. I'm glad I had the common sense to realize what the pills were doing to me after a couple of months, and to start flushing them.

You shouldn't be having suicidal depression 4 times a week at age 13. That had never been an issue for me previously, even though I'd had a hard life.

>If you had the courage (you don't) to voice such an opinion in your public life, you would be rightly disrespected by more empathetic people around you.
Yeah but it would just be virtuesignalling, they would all be lying to your face for social points. This is evidenced in their behaviors and how it contradicts the words they say. I'm on Any Forums because I'm anonymous and can speak freely, therefore I can tell you the things that you don't want to hear without repercussion. The fact that I would pretend to care in public so others don't realize I'm a sociopath doesn't change the reality of the situation.
>It is in everyone's interest for the support structure for struggling youth to be effective, and operated with integrity and compassion.
Yeah this is true but also everyone's trying to make their own cheddar and the truth is your parents are probably too poor to pay for that necessary compassion from someone else and are too stupid to do it themselves. We could raise taxes to 99% on the wealthy and the government would be too incompetent to set up this idyllic solution you have in mind and would end up pocketting most of it and leaving the rest behind increasing layers of beauracratic red tape for every dollar they have access to. Sorry, you can blame your parents and yourself but the truth is the doctor short of malpractice probably did the best he could given your circumstance. Yeah it would be great if the world revolved around your needs and gave you the perfect environment for you to flourish without drugs but it doesn't and you just weren't born capable to handle the environment that you were dealt. A half-ass solution was dealt out to a half-ass child who was the product of retard parents. No one really cares about your wellbeing as much as your parents, and judging from your description of them they probably don't care that much either. They were just following their animalistic impulse to reproduce and you were born.

couldn’t possibly be a problem with the education system. Everyone must fit in ze pod or zey vill have to take ze pod pills

couldn't possibly be a problem with you

Great, and look how you turned out. Shouldve stayed on the addy

the 'chemical imbalance' thing always felt like a copout to me. it doesn't really mena anything. Being a meth junkie is a chemical imbalance too, meth being the chemical

Fuck off newfag

What does meth have to do with anything?

There IS such a thing as a chemical imbalance.
Antidepressants are not a cure but they might help alleviate symptoms.
Nutrition and exercise is the real cure.
Religion is definitely NOT the cure.

Attached: salvation.gif (500x207, 493.08K)

no brainlet I did well in school. I’m assuming you didnt seeing as you can’t see an obvious problem with the school system. It’s not possible to cater such a system to so many individuals so inevitably lots of people can’t handle it. The solution to that is not “drug the kids”

Methamphetamine / meth is very similar to many psychiatric "chemical balancer" pharmaceutical amphetamines given to children in lieu of actual help and support