/owg/ - Olympic Weightlifting General

Olympic Weightlifting General Information
Written and compiled by user

FAQ - / Frequently Asked Questions / - FAQ
>I'm a total retard and won't read the rest of this information, where can I find a program?
catalystathletics.com/articles/article.php?articleID=131

>Thanks, how about shoes?
wlshoes.com

>Awesome, how about -
pls go

>What is Olympic Weightlifting?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_weightlifting

>Why?
We like it. Some of us like lifting heavy things quickly. Some of us are training for another sport. Some of us are training for life. Most of us want to be stronger, faster, and more explosive. There are even a few people who compete.

>How?
Find a gym. You'll need to make sure they have a platform, an Olympic barbell, and bumper plates. If you're going to make a homegym you will need to make your own platform or lift on a hard surface like concrete. It should ideally be flat. You can purchase barbells and bumper plates online through retailers or second hand. New sets are pretty expensive (thousands of dollars).

You can locate a gym by searching online. If you're in the United States search at ww.usoc.com/USA-Weightlifting/Clubs-LWC.

>I can't find a gym, what do?
Lift at home, or lift at the gym you currently go to. Ask if you can drop the weights if they have bumper plates. If they don't have bumper plates, you probably won't want to lift there. If you are dead set on lifting there, you probably won't want to attempt max lifts or miss any lifts as you will be forced to drop the weight.

>I'm new and want to start weightlifting, what should I do?
Find a coach. This is the best option. There are probably at least a few clubs within a few hours drive of where you live unless you live in an Antarctic research station.
>"A few hours? Are you crazy?"
pls go

>I can't find a coach, what should I do?"
Find a coach. Seriously. If you can't, you can teach yourself as a last resort. However, it's much more difficult and time consumi

Attached: 9965-scaled.jpg (2302x2560, 614.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TCW7V_mBY5E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Haha okay bitchtits

Attached: 2-2.png (1900x1090, 1.04M)

Cringe. Bet you can't even front squat 3pl8

Joining a weightlifting gym > personal coach (who has students who compete) > former competition weightlifter >>>>>>>>>> teaching yourself >>>> crossshit gym

All options are better than being an obese powersharter

Blessed thread

I do powerlifting in an Olympic gym, were all friends. fuck you.

Now, it simply is not true that all powerlifters are obese. Many of the greats maintain a lean, aesthetic physique - Dan Green, Yuri Belkin, Simon.

Attached: 1654291975849.webm (608x1080, 2.3M)

youtube.com/watch?v=TCW7V_mBY5E

any tips for wrist rehab?

if only he could clean his room too

Anobby absolutely destroyed

rape me

Start wearing wraps if you arent already

The exception is not the rule, Simon.

Bamp

>can power clean more than I deadlift

/owg/bros how do I fix this?

Power snatches

>power clean 135 lbs