Frens rate my /diy/ kettlebell

Frens rate my /diy/ kettlebell.
Poor bros no fucking excuses. WAGMI

Attached: Untitled Project.jpg (1799x2346, 1.51M)

Based
Sincerelly considering making concrete equipment to sell for cheap

Thanks bro.

Attached: 1655206545077_1.jpg (900x1011, 320.86K)

gj user. Did you manage to get desired weight of the final product? jd8gx

welldone user wagmi!

Good job bro, keep making weights instead of excuses! I'd recommend something more stiff/rigid as a handle. You can use some rebar they reinforce concrete with and get it bent at the hardware store. After the concrete dries you can rubber coat to prevent rusting. That will keep your grips more consistent with your bell. Also, maybe put the handle parallel with one of the sides or use a round jug next time. When you do cleans with this bad boy, the corner might not sit in the rack well and want to twist on the handle. This is awesome and cant believe I haven't thought of it. Ive been trying to find a deal on some heavier bells, but might just make them because I mainly want them for swings

Attached: 1629200166993.gif (450x365, 1010.91K)

unironically not a bad poorfag alternative, you must be white, good job bro, keep it up

No way, I was hoping for at least 10kg but only managed 7,2kg. To make it heavier it would need to be considerably taller than it is now.
It was my first go at it though so I'll change a few things next time.

You're right in all your advice, the bell as it stands to do cleans will fuck me up, plus the handle can't secure the weight when in the upside down position unless there's momentum pulling it upwards.
The design was to put the handle parallel to the faces but the steel rod I used to keep the attaching points secured to the cement was too long so I just crossed it like a retard. And desu I wouldn't even have needed to use such extra rod, the links themselves are deep enough for them not to come off without the extra safety measure.
Still, for swings it works without a problem which will be the main usage.

Other than a 1H swing there’s not much you’re going to be able to do with this

You see the actual pain in his eyes because he’s doing alternate cleans with such terrible form. Joe is a retarded though so…

>You see the actual pain in his eyes because he’s doing alternate cleans with such terrible form.
there was a funny mashup of that onnit clip and then him on the podcast talking about how somehow he magically blew his shoulder out and needed extensive treatments and stem cell injections in Latin America

Thanks mate.

I can also use it as a regular dumbbell, arguably I can even do two hand swings, if I put on hand on top of the other.

Attached: 1655210987495_1.jpg (1941x1043, 704.03K)

Yep I saw another video highlighting this as well. He’s cleaning 32KG/70LB which isn’t crazy 1H only if you’ve been at it a while/have decent overall strength but alternating with two bells: I can’t see going beyond 24KG/53LB

was it really cheaper than just buying a set of dumbbells

Yes, I spent zero money making these.
>Seatbelt fabric
>Steel links
>Cement
>Water jug
I had all of this stuff already. For reference, decathlon charges 26€ for a 8kg kettlebell. The quality is obviously better but the weight is almost the same.

Waiting to see the post about how this contraption caused property damage or injury (likely injury to anyone in the nearby vicinity) when the strap comes apart lol

user the chances of that happening are the same as your regular kettlebell and it comes from losing your grip.
The chances of the handle itself coming apart are close to zero. Seatbelt fabric is tough as fuck.

>No way, I was hoping for at least 10kg but only managed 7,2kg
is it only cement? wouldn't it work if you put some heavy iron piece inside while pouring it?

you might be onto something.
Concrete dumbbels etc are hard to make because A LOT of water evaporates as the mix dries.
Maybe doing a mix of scrap metal + concrete would work. But then you could as well just put the metal in a bucket and work with that.

nice, gmi bro.
I made concrete weights earlier this year and they work great. before that i was lifting 100kg of water bottles in plastic bags.

This is dumb advice if youre going to go to this much effort and spend even more then you could just buy weights at that point

That looks horrible to use, sorry.

How many swings and how many sets for a beginner?