38 and out of shape - best way to get fit?

It's been a long time since I worked out. My BMI is 32%. I feel disgusting and out of shape. What's the best way to get back in shape? Running, cross-fit, kettle bells, walking etc... Has anyone here had an incredible body transformation? What are your tips?

Attached: content_Mike_Durie_33_week_amazing_transformation.jpg (737x800, 65.73K)

Read the sticky.

/thread

Plan a proper diet and start fucking around with some weight lifting routines. Stick with it, even when your feeling like a demotiavted fat fucking peice of shit. Take body pics throughout but espcially day 1, that way when you've given up hope you can stand your fat ass in front of a mirror, compare, and realize that your are making progress.
Never give up and you'll eventually make it.

Read The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung. It demonstrates that cutting calories does not work as a good way to lose weight. The best way is through fasting and intermittent fasting.
Just looking for advise on the best way to star working out after long periods of inactivity.

Thanks friend. I already got a membership to the local YMCA. I didn't think about taking pictures. Do you think I should run even though I'm a fat ass or just start by lifting weights?

Start taking steroids

If you are fat dont run, try different cardio which doesnt fuck up your knees, cycling for example

Yeah shut the fuck up I'm literally just eating below maintenance and losing weight and have done so a million times before. Put the fork down.

Different user, but don't run- you'll just wreck your knees. Row if your YMCA has a machine otherwise just do 45ish minutes of incline walking a few times a week. That plus diet will take care of the fat loss.
For lifting, I'd advise running a novice LP initially. You said you used to work out, so something like that will help bring your strength back up quickly so that once you stop cutting you can jump to an intermediate program straight away.

This. WHat he did in the OP.

Np fren.
As a former mega land whale I can confirm like others that cardio will wreck your knees if they already aren't fucked. Really a proper diet high in protein will do the trick as long as your consistently lifting weights 4-5x a week. Always listen to your body and rest when needed, but always stick with the diet and weights.
The pics thing has kept me going when I would normally have caved. Take multiple unflattering pictures, there for no one but you anyways. Show the true slob you are so when you reflect you'll regain all motivation after pounding back 6 cheeseburgers, 2 fries and milkshake when your in a depressive rut.
You'll make it.

>put the fork down
that's what fasting is all about.

thanks for this advice. I feel demoralized by how badly I let myself go. I will use weights and cycling at the YMCA and not start running until I shave off my weight.

You think that guy in the pic really did steroids. He doesn't seems that jacked to me.

>kettle bells
Yes, Kettlebells. Learn it the right way and you'll end up looking like an ancient greek god

In my experience, biking and rowing are the best options, but walking for an hour burns more then you would actually burn trying to run for any length of time if you aren't good at it.

Just edit out refined carbs (mostly sugar and corn syrup) and vegetable oils and you'll get leaner in no time. Also, don't drink alcohol.

> t. lost 30 pounds of fat and added about 15 of muscle in about a year and a half

Eat one large healthy meal a day and walk 30 minutes a day, until you reach 15% BF.

does this nigga have a full apron of skin under his shorts?

You know the skin is flexible and will absorb itself if you do not lose weight too fast.

FASTING FOR 30 DAYS, after that OMAD chicken breast with avocado only and rolling 72's.

Lift heavy every other day.

/thread

The top of the picture says 33 weeks. There is no fucking way.