100 push ups a day

Does this shit do anything or no noticeable changes will follow?

Attached: iStock_000042278894_Full-2.jpg (1200x628, 101.68K)

i can do 75 if i take breaks my triceps feel harder then they used too be

It'll be subtle but if it's all you can do then do it

What would be better? Lifting? Or doing 200 push ups a day?

sure if you are a lil twiglet you will notice some difference. but make sure that you choose something you can do routinely (daily, every other day) because thats the only way you'll ever notice any difference. best to have some sort of pulling as well like pullups or rows. gl and don't ask such a faggy question next time

You're not going to do 200 pushups a day, man.
Let's be honest here.

did this when i was 13 and it got me noticeable shoulder and chest gains but nothing will replace lifting bro, its good for starters to get into the habit of exercising but if ur serious abt this you should lift

can you even do 50 ?

It's calisthenics, OP. It will give you endurance and cardiovascular improvement. If you wanna get huge then forget about it and pay a gym's membership.

Attached: 53493.jpg (508x448, 41.86K)

ignore the demotivator shillz bra 200 is totally possible and not even hard to do

depends on your current state:
2 years ago i worked myself up from being able to do 10 pushups max in a row to doing 40+ over the course of 6 months, the change for me was very visible (i also lost ~20 pounds so go figure)

i did 5 sets of pushups every set to faliure, 3 times a week (and the same with chin ups, and basically that was my whole training and some jogging, for beginners its pretty good i think

pullups pushups and jogging is a great starting point and honestly all that most people are ever going to need. if you master those 3 in any shape or form you probably wouldn't need to worry about anything else unless you really care about looks or you have a career in lifting super heavy shit all the time.

"100 push ups a day" is rather ambiguous. Doing 5 pushups 20 times a day will do fuck nothing but if you can rep out 100 in one go you're gonna be in very good shape. Eventually it's more endurance than strength.

At a certain point, you will be training for muscular endurance and not strength. Nor is going to be as rapid and effective as weight training. However, if this is all you got then:
For strength, after about 3x8-3x10 range you aren't gaining much if anything. At that point switch to a hard variation such diamonds, declines, etc.
For hyptertrophy try to shoot for 5 sets, aiming first to get to 5x25. At that point take every set to where you cannot complete it with good form, drop to your knees and keep going. Far from ideal, but use what you have if it's all you have.
Again, not do not expect spectacular results after some noob gains. But it can be optimized, plus pushups are fun.

>not even hard to do
>OP is asking about a 100

>100 push ups a day
4 x 25

Attached: enzo_carini - 2858990872655229704.jpg (1080x1919, 245.92K)

I wouldn't do it unless my rotator cuff was really healthy. You can lift heavyish with a bad rotator cuff but you can't do high rep stuff. I doubt many people who do that many do them anything resembling ideal form and with a slowed eccentric.

If you're doing as many reps as possible with a calisthenics movement on consecutive days I'd keep it down to 2 sets regardless of how many you actually can do.

False. That’s called greasing the groove or microdosing exercise. If you do 5x20 throughout the day you will get better at push ups and you will get stronger.

>not 2 x 50

I've been doing 3x20 and 1x23 throughout the day, should I do the same amount in less time as possible?
25 is the most I can do in one go.

greasing the grove is done with like 5-10 x 50-70% of amrap and in even a broader range. Even so greasing the groove is for neurological adaptations. It doesn't actually give mass initially after you're done with the greasing the groove phase you'll probably have better recruitment in a movement temporarily which will lead to more gains until you reverse the adaptation through pushing to failure routinely