Does alcohol kill gains?

Can some medfag explain it to me in depth please? Some say it's good as an extra calorie source, others say it fucks up the protein metabolism. I need motivation to quit anons...

Attached: 1469744169.jpg (1056x720, 35.81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fwbzXXocgzw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

alcohol is for spiritually weak, identity bereft, and physically compromised (candida) people.

being bravelemon kills your gainz

I've never had a drink before

It fucks with protein synthesis.

I have a friend thats struggling with sobriety. The most they've gone recently is about 12 days no alc. They noticed how after two days of no drinking they lost 1.5 pounds but managed to gain it back with 900 calories of vodka and white claw

It takes for the gut longer to process alcohol and to restart regular functioning, why do you see overweight fat people at bars? Oh right... Also it produces more estrogen the more glasses you drink past 1-2 glasses.

>Some say it's good as an extra calorie source

zoomie zoomie
you will be drinking in no time at all
no pussie will you get without booze
after that well, up to the genes

Attached: 1621181794362.jpg (528x543, 29.28K)

There's this amazing website called google.com that you should try asking such a simple question to. It's got immediate links to lots of great resources and not just a gathering space for retards to say whatever! Just sift through them and figure out which ones are reliable, or compile data from multiple sources and figure out which facts carry between them and hold weight

Attached: 1653188297118.png (500x500, 59.74K)

Alcohol when consumed in high quantities does inhibit protein synthesis, the study everyone references is more than 6 standard drinks inhibits protein synthesis; however the effects are minimal if I remember right. However anything more than 2 drinks a few times a week and you are probably drinking too much. If you cannot limit yourself then you just need to cut it out. Alcohol is fine in moderation(defined as 1-2 standard drinks, which should be limited to 2-3 times a week preferably), and it’s health effects are minimal. However consistently drinking at higher amounts(3+ drinks a day) even when it’s done in a binging style is more damaging to your health. Overall the takeaway is if you are able to keep yourself in check and drink moderately, as defined earlier, go ahead and enjoy yourself from time to time keeping in mind the extra calories you are consuming. However if you are not able to drink moderately and have trouble with self control while drinking it is best you abstain.
t. Medfag

1: You sleep like shit
2: Can't work out with a hangover
3: fucks protein synthesis (i.e. protein becomes fat instead of muscle)

Why do you think people that drink way too much either look like sticks or they've swallowed a cannonball?

youtu.be/fwbzXXocgzw

tell me more plz

>wrong
>wrong
>wrong
just eat more fucking nerd

1.i sleep better when drunk my mind quiets down and I don't feel like my thoughts hunt me.
2.worked out in the morning after drinking 6 beers at night
3.dunno
I've cut my consumption hard but now I feel like I have to live my life for real and sometimes my thoughts drive me crazy about the girl who left the tests I failed where's my life going... I try to meditate and it helps but some days are miserable and I want out of this loop...

Once a week is probably not a problem, if you do it regularly it will affect your performance and therefor affect your "gains".

Alcohol is fine, just dont go nuts.

If you're trying to cut, probably stick to straight vodka or something if you absolutely HAVE to drink.
Otherwise chug down and try to avoid a hang over so you can do your workout.

Yes. It suppresses protein synthesis in the body which is necessary for gains. It also converts testosterone to estrogen. It also inhibits processing of nutrients as the body sees it as poison and wants to process the alcohol first. Anything else ingested gets stored in fat cells in the mean time. One drink takes one hour to process. And by one drink I mean one frufru seltzer drink. Not a cup of wine.

It's empty calories, a dehydrant, and fucks with protein synthesis. How fucking stupid are you that you need someone else to tell you this, are you illiterate?

It's simple drink in moderation, and enjoy life. Don't be weak enough to do it every day, and don't be one of those faggots who call it the liquid jew, and won't have a beer with their friends, cause they're concerned for their aesthetics even though they don't compete and work at fucking Walmart.

If you drink daily yeah it's going to effect your gains big time. If you save it for the weekends or for special occasions out then sure It's not going to effect you like that. It's about your lifestyle. If you make alcohol the main focus than it will show. Leave getting drunk for a Saturday night or a night out with your GF.