Sleep Apnea

Anyone else have severe sleep apnea? (I'm not overweight, I just have a narrow airway) I use a cpap machine but still feel tired when I wake up. How much is this affecting my gains and how can I deal with it? My doctor offered to prescribe me modafinil but I'm not sure if taking it would be a good idea as I don't want to be dependent on anything.

Attached: The-History-of-the-CPAP-Machine-Technology-Today_1024x1024.jpg (1000x667, 86.41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4863204/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Same, had it since I was 12 or younger and I'm a life long athlete. Trial and error with masks, pillows, temperature, blackout blinds, noise reduction and white noise, caffeine, etc to get the best sleep possible.

Modafinil is a helluva drug. Non habit forming and is what the movie "Limitless" was based off of. I did really well at work taking it, but it was hard to sleep some nights because it worked too well.

If all that's really a problem you can be evaluated for surgery. I've had the men in my family do it and be very happy. Apparently a terrible recovery process, 50% success rate and not covered by insurance in most cases.

A guy I know has it
Doctors told him he has too much fat around his organs

Tape your mouth, mouth breathing faggot

Modafinil will wreck your dopamine production. Not worth it. You will become a depressed - Low T homo. Also, do Wim Hof method to fix your breathing.

try inspiratory muscle training, it doesn't improve your apnea, but it has been shown to help improve quality of life in patients and when patients have an apnea, they are less likely to be more woken up by it

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4863204/

Also try taping your mouth shut, consider a drug induced sleep endoscopy which an ENT can do, pic is the report from mine. I also use a neck brace to keep my jaw in proper position, you can also try mandibular advancement devices. Also do lots of cardio to improve your heart and respiratory system

Attached: fgfgfsdg.jpg (1050x167, 106.93K)

I have a deviated septum as well as sleep apnea. I breathe through my nose during the day but at night I naturally breathe through my mouth because it’s less laborious

>(I'm not overweight, I just have a narrow airway)
Doubt.jpg

someone that is chronically tired and subsequently stressed will have low levels of dopamine and norepinephrine. It certainly is worth it in patients with persistent somnolence that is not resolved with CPAP therapy.

Personally, I like sunosi better than modafinil, but sunosi costs about $1000 a month

You can have significant airway obstruction without significant bmi

pic related from my hospital visit

Attached: fdfsdfsdfs.jpg (979x358, 45.39K)

yeah i got it

t. 176cm / 76kg down from 79kg

have had it for over a year now
have yet to go to the doc
am trying to get down to 70kg and see if it goes away

I got addicted to it and took well over a year for my dopamine production to return to normal. I would try breathwork like Wim Hof or some yoga stuff before I would try Modafinil. Obviously, it has some medical applications like treating Narcolepsy. There are so many factors that could be causing you to feel tired still. I would use extreme caution before trying Modafinil.

how many migs you shot down last week

What's your bodyfat %? You can be a fat fuck with a medium BMI if you don't have much muscle.

i think you can get an AutoPAP machine without a prescription, they are like $600 or so. You can adjust it yourself and you just need to make sure your AHI is below 5 and adjust the machine accordingly. Keep increasing the pressure until you can get an AHI below 5, if you are unable to, then there may be some other issue with your sleeping.

You can also have other sleep issues like restless leg syndrome or some other problem keeping you awake when you're sleeping, which an overnight psg would diagnose

i dont want the machine user
i dont want that stuff for the rest of my life
>restless leg
nah
i tend to wake up after 2/3h with a dry mouth/nose
it helped taping my mouth shut for a time

the only other option would be surgery. Surgery does have pretty good outcomes, 90% of patients see some clinical benefit and 50% of patients have their apnea completely resolved.

But a requisite of surgery is a sleep study plus CPAP therapy resistant apnea. You should try to figure things out because you are doing damage to your heart by ignoring it.

id honestly just try to get the other 7kgs down
then see if it persists
and see a doctor about it yeah...

I have some apnea tendencies, when I sleep on my back and my neck is curled too much I can get an "attack".
I mouth tape and it seems to work.

Modafinil is fucking based but not as a therapy. I would use it in one-off situations only where you were not able to get sufficient sleep but still need to perform at 100% for the next day.
Military SF and pilots use it in this way.

same
if i press on my neck on a certain point i dont seem to snore at all
i have a feeling that my traps by getting bigger somehow obstruct my breathing

I lost 105 lbs and my AHI went from about 20-25 on cpap to about 10, so maybe it will help you, maybe it won't, it depends on what is happening.

You should definitely do the inspiratory muscle training and also train cardio. You don't need fancy devices for the muscle training, getting a pack of straws from wal mart and sucking through them and bending them will provide enough resistance, it just won't be objectively measurable.