Walking vs Running

Do you burn as many calories walking as you do running-as long as the distance traveled remains the same?

Attached: C8B12584-14E1-40BA-AF36-5796630EC52F.jpg (803x725, 122.79K)

mate... rub a couple of brain cells together

>Do you gain as much strength squatting 1pl8 as you do 2pl8 as long as you have the same ROM?

bro

its different for uphill vs downhill vs flat

Close enough

Walking on a 10 percent incline at 3mph is better for fat loss if following a strength routine

The point of walking is that you're not grinding your joints to dust and maintaining a 90+ heartrate for an hour or more.
You're not forcing any sort of adaptation other than an energy expenditure one, and the increased bloodflow helps with recovery.
Running and walking have fundamentally different purposes when it comes to training.

No, because walking is a far more efficient method of movement than running. That's why humans (or animals generally) don't just run everywhere.

No,

It's closer than people realize, but running burns more by 50% if time is equal. Hour walk might burn 400 to 500 calories, hour run 600 to 700 (roughly depending on your fitness level.)

Walking has the advantage of less risk and more sustainability. Also many people can walk for an hour but not jog for an hour.

It's not even the cardiovascular aspect of it. You can train your heart and brain to jog for a really long time. What really screwed it over for me was my damn knees. I now just walk for one hour. Half powerwalk and the other half normal walk.

i do a lot of walking and running but my feet constantly hurt what do? i don't heel strike when i run it's the forefoot that hurts

No. You absolutely will burn more the higher your exertion/heart rate is. But I tell everyone, running is a meme. You can get even better cardio walking on a steep incline or using a stair master. Running, even if you're really fit, over a long enough period of time will fuck up your knees and back. Plus walking on incline or stairs does more for leg strength.
>t. Kinesiology major

I run for 2-3 minutes just to make my heart work a bit faster then walk fast for 15 minutes to mantain the heartbeats. I do it 2 or 4 times. for about 45-60 minutes in total

Running burns more and is more time efficient, but can fuck up your joints and demands more recovery unlike brisk walking which you can do everyday until your legs give up

Just run 5 and 10k. Literally negates all of those issues.

Yeah but you'll travel a substantially greater distance running for an hour bs walking which is the point of the OP. Seems it's pretty close kile for mile if that's the case

its probably closer than you think. walking 3 miles in an hour probably burns 300 cals just like running 3 miles in 20 minutes does.

Bruh

Jesus Christ I hate phoneposting
>*vs
>*mile for mile

Almost exactly. Running is very slightly less efficient, but the difference is negligible.
Exhibit A, a recent 5kish walk I did, tracked by my Garmin watch. That fitness trackers are not 100% accurate isn't an issue - they are at least consistent in their inaccuracy, allowing a meaningful comparison to be made between a single individual's recorded activities.

Forgot my pic because I'm starving hungry waiting for my food to cool down.

Attached: Screenshot_20220613-143245_Connect.jpg (719x702, 120.96K)

Exhibit B, a 5.5km run tracked by the same Garmin watch.
The distance is a little bit farther, but as you can see, per kilometer travelled, the calories are nearly the same. Running only uses a little bit more, but in terms of distance travelled, walking and running are nearly identical.

Attached: Screenshot_20220613-143510_Connect.jpg (719x512, 98.63K)

where did you get this picture of me?

Here's a better comparison I just found. Almost identical ascent + distance, and calories are virtually the same.

Attached: Screenshot_20220613-143729_Connect.jpg (719x517, 99.87K)

Thanks man, I walk/jog about 4 miles (6.5km) a day and I was worried my plodding pace was making it so I wasn't butning as many calories as I'd like. I'd always heard 100cal per mile whether walking or running was a fair comparison

...butning? Fuck's sake
>*burning

Just keep on trucking bro. Keep your mileage up whether it is sprints, jogs,a brisk walk or a relaxing meander. All that matters is that you go the distance.
YAGMI