Ehlers danlos syndrome

Hello everyone, anyone have any genetics diseases? I have Ehlers–Danlos so I have to be careful bending and with my form because my joints are glass. I have been working out for years but never knew that I had it so aside from injuring myself with deadlifts, any spinal movements hurt and my ankle has snapped. I had no idea I had a genetic defect. Its why I am a lonely autist and I don't go out cause it apparently causes anxiety and depression too. I also have to rest a lot because I’m easily tired. My skin gets imprints for hours after I sleep on it so I am easily awakened by any crumb so I don’t sleep well. I can bend my elbows, I can bend my fingers and do the creepy thing with it under hypermobility. Anyone else have similar symptoms?

Attached: 1107B7DA-3C81-48B3-BFF1-1F838028BD44.jpg (750x1294, 158.13K)

Bump

no sorry user :( wish i could help you

it causes anxiety and depression if you know that you have it because you are getting scared unconciously that you literally kill yourself when you fall down

The disease by itself doesnt cause it so it was all you before you got the diagnose.

but i definetly wish you the best because i can understand how it sucks having those diseases. You too will make it believe in you

>ehlers memelos
Lmao are you a woman? Gonna complain about how your fibromyalgia next?

Everyone has elbow skin that does that. I can even touch my thumb to my wrist and no I don't have EDS. BTW do NOT try to get a diagnosis it will ruin your insurance forever.

do calisthenics

I didn’t train as hard as everyone else and I couldn’t do as many reps but I didn’t know why. I tried weight lifting and cardio for pain and sleep. Lots of other anons said neither helped them either so I thought there were probably others so didn’t know about it

Yeah not planning to do that, my sleep is fucked from it too though. My skin can stretch further but it’s hard to show on camera with both my hands occupied. You have some sort of hypermobilility so what do you have? Normal joints don’t do that.

I dunno can turn both of my legs around backwards too.

didnt you got that diagnose when you were a child? or are you an american?

nice thinkpad, which model?

I have hypermobility / joint laxity, although probably not as bad as you.
I climb, which is probably one of the worst activities for it. I’ve always noticed that my fingers get very sore even from light sessions, and the tendons/ligaments don’t adapt long-term compared to others. 3x a week is the absolute most often I can go and even that causes problems. I’ve woken up in the night before because how sore my fingers were. I also find it hard to manage the skin on my hands/fingers because my skin is ridiculously soft and tears more easily than other people’s. The fatigue you mention has been a big issue for me.
It also doesn’t help that joint laxity tends to be compensated for by chronic muscle tension to regain the missing stability. This causes all kinds of weird posture issues. My biggest focus at the moment is working on my posture and joint stability from toes to head, the intention being to transition to a climbing style which minimises the pressure going through the fingers. It’s exhausting and requires constant focus.
Ultimately, a big part of the battle is understanding and accepting that you are different from other people. You can’t do some things that other people take for granted. All you can do is make peace with that, and figure out what works for you.

Looks like T440/T440s

I’m not diagnosed. I don’t plan to either cause insurance will hate me and there’s no cure.
Thanks user. It’s hard cause I like climbing too. I messed up my joints when I was climbing up trees and my skin isn’t as bad as yours but mine is super sensitive too. I wake up all the time because of a tiny crumb on my bed and fabric patterns stay on my skin for hours. Are you taking collegen? I had no idea this diseases would cause so many problems like laziness. It explains everything

Sorry bro I forgot I’d even replied to this thread. I don’t get skin imprints quite as badly but I’m incredibly blister-prone, I bruise easily, and my nails are soft and weak. You just get used to high but manageable levels of pain.
Interesting timing: I just started taking collagen as an experiment but my hopes aren’t terribly high. Fingers crossed, though.

Did it do anything for you? I’m also taking glycine.

> anyone have any genetics diseases?
Yes, I’m 5’8”.

We should start a Manletitis charity

Gross don't post that shit here nigga

No idea yet. I started it taking it yesterday.