I'm looking for the best way to track my fat percentage. Trying to get down to 6pack level...

I'm looking for the best way to track my fat percentage. Trying to get down to 6pack level, having a easy way to check it regularly would be awesome.

Considering buying something like pic related, but i dont need too much functionality. Literally just interested in fat percentage. Is something like pic related what I should be going for or is there some other alternative?

Attached: $_57.jpg (1200x1200, 80.92K)

Yea theres literally no way a scale can tell your bf percentage

There literally is

Tldr it sends electrons up through your feet that are stopped by fat molecules and measures how much gets stopped, relative to your weight

Forgot to say, weight and height (thing needs to be told your height through an app or whatever)

i have this exact scale, but i know about as much as you. i also have calipers but they're a pain in the ass to use. the number the scale gives me is good enough even if it isn't accurate. at least i can see it going down.

Yeah thats all i want, to be able to track it going down. Seems to be a good way to go

Now im just trying to figure out if its worth buying anything more than the cheaper ones. Jewtube-videos are saying to just buy the cheaper ones

The problem is it's so inaccurate it's not going to tell you anything looking in the mirror wouldn't. You drop 10 pounds, you step on this scale, how much bodyfat did you lose?

You won't fucking know.

I think you can increase accuracy by measuring under similar circumstances. Like before waking up in the morning, for example, so that the amount of water in your body is fairly consistent

This doesn't seem plausible, the scale would need to consider things like height, if you are taller the current loop woul be bigger and thus have higher resistance, also it should consider how much water you have in your body at that time, because that too would change the resistance.
It's most probably bullshit or completely imprecise

I have this and recommend it. Just remember to take its body fat measurement with a grain of salt.

see literally the next post

it takes your height into account in the app

As others say, it calculates for height
Your point about water stands, though. I think thats the primary reason for imprecision, so I think using it requires you to take that into account. So its more like a tool for tracking fat loss in general, but not for exact precision

That's just one thing on a multitude of factors.
People with same height doesn't dave the same body type, two people at 6' with different proportions would have different resistance

that's why i only weigh myself right after waking up, taking my morning piss/shit, and before eating or drinking anything. if i can't meet those criteria i don't even bother.

trying to figure out the degree to which these factors matter is the reason i made this thread. i dont know

yeah thats what im thinking, ill just it first thing after waking up or something. how roughly consistent results do you get? like a few % margin?

Just look in the mirror

Attached: E0wmSASNXTMBa3HrEBDG3VOATilmQ7ftEdIn2QlwHHI.jpg (600x338, 23.81K)

it's seems pretty consistent for the most part

Attached: Screenshot_20220612-203230_Renpho.jpg (720x1600, 205.76K)

Cool, thanks man

>trying to figure out the degree to which these factors matter
You just can't to be honest, too many things to consider.
I would say it's just a really rough guess

Spotted the fatty

no, i'm buff asf i'm just cutting right now okay...

A scale should only be consistent when you step on it twice a few minutes apart. Your weight and the electrical resistance of your body fluctuates wildly by the day, and even the hour sometimes, and most scales won't reflect this because they have a "memory" that considers past readings to give you "consistency" over accuracy.

I think thats why the jewtube videos i saw recommended the cheaper ones, that dont do this

no shame brother, takes guts to post admitting even 20% here. its fat but you could look like a god 2 months from now

Dencent but the bodyfat is bs

Attached: Screenshot_20220612-204454_Renpho.jpg (1080x2400, 446.05K)