Alcohol

Is alcohol really that much of a gains killer?
I allow myself to drink two beers a week, one on saturday and one on sunday, no hard liquor at all, is this enough to kill my gains?

Attached: images (22).jpg (550x367, 26.52K)

Just tp clarify, two beers means two cans

Tbh hard liquor is probably better than beer gains wise, but beer tastes better imo. You're fine though. You'd need to drink 2+ drinks a day to notice a decline in your gains and even then it'd be pretty negligible

Alcohol is one of the worst things you can possibly put into your body, even a single drop.

When I still drank I was a fat, sloppy, unmotivated piece of shit. I quit drinking 7 years ago and I never wake up wishing I had drank a few beers the night before. That being said two beers a week isn't going to hurt anything. The problem is that most people won't stay at two a week.

just drink ice cold draft miller lite and stare at hot bartenders

Don't listen to some of the retards here; the negative effects of drinking come from over drinking. One beer a day is unironically good for you.

overdid it on memorial day and back to sobriety, it's a good time to get back to lifting anyway

Getting "drunk" is literally your body trying to remove a toxin which is destroying your organs and rapidly speeds up your aging. Utterly retarded. There's absolutely no benefit. It's even worse than overeating.

This.

Enormous cope from an addict

>drinking a beer a day makes you an addict

It's not even possible to become physically dependent on alcohol from an intake that low.
But sure, improved bone mineral density, reduced risk of heart disease and alzheimers are "cope".

I drink 4-5 coronas a day, still shredded.
As long as you put work at the gym you have nothing to fear.

Two beers a week--on separate days, even--is not enough alcohol to have any appreciable effect on skeletal muscle protein synthesis; so, no, it will not kill your gains. Drinking too much caffeine and getting poor sleep, on the other hand, would have an actual effect.

sometimes I just need a drink to take the motherfucking edge off
I work 9 to 12 hours a day in a senior position with little experience and training

it'll probably elevate your heart rate some, takes very little alcohol to do

Elevating your heart rate a little for a short period is a problem? Rubbing one out elevates your heart rate. Watching something suspenseful on TV might elevate your heart rate. Consuming caffeine definitely raises your heart rate. Exercise of any kind certainly fucking does.
Unless your heart is absolutely fucked or you're so geriatric that you're not healthy enough for sex, I don't see the problem.

Drink soda water with a splash of whiskey. If anyone bring it up, say youre copying the great Winston Churchill who drank that all day when he wasnt draining bottles of champagne.

no alcohol elevates your heart rate for like the next 24 hours

More than 30 grams is more than one beer, m80.

Attached: Screenshot_20220612-165453_Chrome.jpg (720x1600, 364.22K)

isn't that like two beers? speak in freedom units.

Beer is full of estrogen. Drink whiskey or vodka. Vodka is my choice. I just hydrate more on those days.

Idk just checked. I have a few beers on the weekends usually and my heart rate stays average.

Not saying you’re wrong, my cardio is good so maybe that help. I’m not a heart scientist.

Attached: 022846FF-DF40-4D69-891E-6865EC4A251B.jpg (1242x303, 38.13K)

Just about.
14 grams is the alcohol content of the "standard drink", or 12 fl. ounces of a typical 5% abv lager. Not that it matters.
My point was that a beer a day is good for you. And it is.
More to the point, OP asked if drinking two beers a week would affect his gains. It won't.
Calling someone an addict for pointing out that there's nothing wrong with drinking a beer a day--that it actually has benefits--reminds of the fasting fucktards who want to call you a food addict because you find fasting for a week straight undesirable.