What are the downsides?

What are the downsides?

Attached: 790C684C-0B89-49D0-BA3C-9C1EAA8152AF.jpg (1170x1108, 272.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7871530/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That it literally does nothing.
Try citrulline malate and taurine.

Diarrhea

You can't suck dick as fast as you used to

Literally 0 downsides unless you're a pussy who can't handle an upset stummy

Attached: A mega pint.jpg (600x402, 18.77K)

baldness

faster balding if you have balding genetics

Helps with small gainz...

Lie.
Wrong.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7871530/
>The vast majority of speculation regarding the relationship between creatine supplementation and hair loss/baldness stems from a single study by van der Merwe et al. where college-aged male rugby players who supplemented with creatine [...] experienced an increase in serum dihydrotestosterone (DHT) concentrations over time.
>the results of van der Merwe et al. have not been replicated, and that intense resistance exercise itself can cause increases in these androgenic hormones.
>in the van der Merwe et al. study, no increase in total testosterone was found in the 16 males who completed the study. Free testosterone was not measured. Moreover, the increase in DHT and the DHT: testosterone ratio remained well within normal clinical limits. Furthermore, baseline [...], DHT was 23% lower in the creatine group (0.98 nmol/L) compared to the placebo group (1.26 nmol/L). Thus the small increase in DHT in the creatine group [...], in combination with a small decrease in the placebo DHT response [...] explains the “statistically significant” increase in DHT noted by van der Merwe et al.
>12 other studies have investigated the effects of creatine supplementation [...] on testosterone. Two studies reported small, physiologically insignificant increases in total testosterone after six and seven days of supplementation, while the remaining ten studies reported no change in testosterone concentrations. In five of these studies, free testosterone, which the body uses to produce DHT, was also measured and no increases were found.
>In summary, the current body of evidence does not indicate that creatine supplementation increases total testosterone, free testosterone, DHT or causes hair loss/baldness.

Realistically, nothing really except a bit of stomach bloat, and some people report 'rrhea. Just don't take any retarded (((special))) formulations. All you need is 5 grams of monohydrate once a day

im just basing it on my own experience. was on creatine for a few months and started noticing a lot of hair shedding, especially while showering. eventually i was able to see my scalp slightly through my hair under direct light, so i stopped taking creatine and the hair shedding stopped.
still have the spot where my hair is thin, but at least its stabilised now and i havent noticed any thinning in months.

do what you want, but thats just my experience.

>All you need is 5 grams
That's oversimplifying. A 110 lbs woman and a 200 lbs man don't have the same dosage requirements. The current research shows the best results at 0.1 g/kg daily. For a 180 lbs person, for example, that's a hair over 8 g a day.

>be male
>get older
>hair thins slightly
>HURRRRRRRR DA CREATINE GOT ME
god this board is so fucking stupid.

0.03g/kg is enough from what I've read.
Then again unless you eat garbage you don't need the creatine.

Massive hair shedding isnt thinning slightly, faggot nigger.

do i have to take it on rest day too?

0.03g is probably the minimum to achieve measurable results in vegans. A normal person will likely not achieve anything at a dose that low. Are you trying to maximize your gains or not?
"Massive" is not a measurement, demonstration of before/after, nor a casual link between your creatine use and your hairline. It's your hysterical, womanish cope about being a human being experiencing the passage of time. Creatine didn't thin your hair. Aging through your 20s did.

Surprisingly, there's not a lot of research comparing daily supplementation to workout-only supplementation. The majority of research showing positive effects dosed daily, including on rest days.

Quick question - how long do you think the water retention from creatine takes to disappear completely? Going on a beach holiday soon and want to make sure I'm looking my best

No serious downsides. But realize it mostly bloatmaxxes you as more water gets retained inside the muscles.
Also the damn creatine shits. I used to go to the gym by foot and when I returned, I often had to sprint the last 200 m or so to reach the toilet in time.

Creatine doesn't cause water retention in fat cells. It stores extra water in your muscle, which makes your muscle look larger. It causes this effect for as long as you use it, since that's part of its mechanism of action. Do you really want your muscles to look smaller, anyway?

It's 3x the price it was a year ago.

Attached: FUw_ILoWAAEVtXm.jpg (750x501, 67.9K)