Fasting

What's the deal with fasting? Some anons say they fast every now and then. Does it actually have some magical effect or is it just a meme to waste out on time consuming calories?

Attached: stock-photo-the-skinny-man-shows-his-body-as-a-bodybuilder-1372789088.jpg (1500x1098, 673.95K)

It's a good way to (non-spiritually) detox, or balance out CICO. Other than that ask /x/

Nah it actually works. What's so complex about it? You are literally not eating food and you lose weight, that's it.

It has some benefits that I dont really feel like autophagy and shit like that, but it definitely helped me reset my brain from loving goyslop so much, and at the very least stopped my binge eating disorder. If you're a food addicted fat fatty I cannot recommend it enough just for the psychological help with your relationship to food

you fast every day and you don't even realise it
do you feel magically empowered yet?

I've mostly just seen anons flex it as some kind of super power. Like they've discovered something new and unique. I don't even think I seen another user reference it as a form of weight loss
>Other than you of course

Attached: OnePunchMan_manga_cover.png (252x394, 177.24K)

I IF it because I'm cutting and I find it helps reduce bloating, also makes me less impulsive.

I think there are some studies that show it increases HGH but as the other user says it's basically a really effective way to balance CICO

>he doesn't wake up at 3 am to snack
Ngmi

>stop eating
>body consumes every possible resource to feed itself
>body start to consume trace amount of fat to feed itself
>better mental clarity because you're literal energy isn't being directed to digesting goyslop

At this point some want to put a spiritual or esoteric soon on the situation, which is fine but becomes /x/-tier imo

Pardon the typos, I'm sleep-fasting

Ye I also don't get it wouldn't you lose muscle on such large deficit ?

Attached: 1623231770037.gif (210x194, 206.23K)

it appeases certain deities
why they care in the first place is beyond me. For all I know, the mould growing inside my coffee cup could be flogging itself in the hopes that I put them into the sunlight, but those kinds of things don't bear thinking about.

I can answer this one, the answer is intuitively simple
wood burns better than iron

the human body can and will digest its own organs if it needs to, it will eat its own heart to keep its heart beating. But if there's a ample supply and readily available stock of adipose to burn instead, it will occams razor it
burning muscle is very inefficient and doesn't produce much energy, it's doomsday measures of desperation

People do intermittant fasting (one meal a day for example) as form of calorie control. Whether you were to eat your calories across several small meals, or eat all of your daily calories in one meal, makes no difference. It just so happens that a single meals worth of calories is about enough for your daily intake.
Fasting for 24+ hours on the other hand is a different story. The benefits are different depending on how long the fast is, but your body really has no options but to start eating itself during a prolonged fast. Your weight can, and will, go down. Go read some of the fast generals.

Its normal to lose SOME muscle during a fast. You can get around this though.
1: Exercise, especially weight lifting.
2: Take creatine when you do eat, and drink a lot of water.
3: Hit your macros when you refeed from fasting, protein being the most important.

Do this, and its even possible to gain muscle while using fasting in moderation.

days are a human invention, a way to maximise productivity by capitalising on sunlight
biology doesn't much care for any of that, it chugs along constantly, it has no concept of a day or a week. All it knows is whether it has any energy it can use, and if not then somebody needs to fix it

you probably know this, it's just rhetoric for the lurkers

do it, i went from 95kg to 87 in like 2 months. and i had 6 pack on 95kg. right now i never looked better.
only squat numbers fell off a bit, everything else increased.

Why does everyone and their mothers recommend 500 cal deficit then

Attached: 1654265651078.jpg (467x436, 28.55K)

How did you do that. OMAD? 36h?

It will work for the majority of the population better than telling someone to fast. As they will either give up and not do it or just rebound. The best option is the one that works for you. Any small benefit one may have over the other is far overshadowed by this fact.

it's a good way to get to know your body and develop self-discipline
the ascetic aspect goes out of the window if you go back to goyslop after breaking the fast though

detox what, nigger?

>exercise on a fast
I tried this and it made feel like shit and borderline pass out

it's solid and safe general advice that works on everybody short of elite bodybuilders
megafats should go on a low calorie diet (say 1500 cals) since 500 cals to them would barely make a dent