I hate doing squats, what is a good replacement for them?

I hate doing squats, what is a good replacement for them?

Attached: 1615679846051.jpg (660x574, 53.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XPPfWA2_c9A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i just do intense cycling and seems to work just fine

nope

squat and deadlift are full body. I used to avoid it but know I realize it does work

Don't know if there is one senpai, squats are just good
I enjoyed them more after dropping my weight and going all the way to the ground

Leg press and good mornings

roids and every other leg exercises > natty squat gains

This 100% don't try to impress anybody. Just do a perfect squat and focus on activating every muscle just the way it needs to be

i hate them too OP but i refuse to turn up in a “skipped leg day” meme. also girls love a toned ass on a guy.

Squats. If you have trouble squatting that basically means you should be squatting more. Get comfortable being uncomfortable and master it. You will fix the weak areas and come out of it significantly stronger. More so than doing any imitation of the squat. If you don't address the problem, you will always be as weak as you are now.
Squats>Deadlifts even though I prefer the deadlift (like everybody else, even the name is cooler). It is THE movement to train. Everything in an athletes weight training program revolves around the barbell squat. Master it and you

>will be able to run faster
>Run longer
>jump higher
>increase all of your other lifts
>Stronger VO2 max
>Carry over to any other sport
>Squats and overhead presses are the two main movements to increase throwing distance and punching power/speed
>Turn a problem into an opportunity. Be dangerous and smile when you do it.

What if I have chronicle problems in my left hip and can't squat without feeling pain? The bad type of pain. If I squat, I can't walk for two days. The front squat is as good as high bar squat? Because I think front squat use less hip.

try hacksquats

is there anything more dyel than leg press? Ive only seen twink zoomers using it

Why do you watch twink zoomers so much? You gay?

If you are talking about barbell back squat (BBS) then you are correct in your assessment and yes there are replacements that are superior. The prevalence of the BBS in programming and it’s cult-like worship comes from the power-lifting community being so vocal online, and memesters like mark rippetoe giving bad but loud advice.
There are several reasons that alternatives are better…
The BBS is a highly technical lift. You really shouldn’t do it unless you have a coach. It’s not something than can be learned from reading SS and trying it by yourself. BBS and DL aren’t worth it for injury risk, recovery toll, reliance on leverages.
BBS is full body, and improves athleticism, but… the Zercher squat is more full body in terms of core control and force transfer. The front squat is better for pushing strength, athleticism in general, and anterior chain development. Power cleans are a better full body movement and train power/force generation. Single-leg squat variations are a better primary movement for sports requiring dynamic force production. And deadlifts (specifically RDL as regular deadlifts like back squats aren’t worth it) are better for posterior chain. Even leg press is arguably better for pure leg strength because it’s not a technical lift and you’re less likely to mess it up despite the rekt videos. If you’re purely after looks more strength then even bike sprints on a high resistance are a good replacement, plus some accessory movements.
So ask, what are you wanting out of it? If it’s powerlifting max then yes back squat. If it’s oly lifting max then still back squat but more front squats. If it’s contact sports then do zercher squats and DL variation. If it’s other agility or power-based sports then do single leg variations and leg press. If it’s aesthetics then choose any of the above, or just bike sprints and isolations.

None that would work for a pussy like you

Do more until you like doing them

I don't do them because it takes too long to recover. It's an S tier excercise though if I wasn't running every day I would do them.

>is there anything more dyel than leg press? Ive only seen twink zoomers using it
youtube.com/watch?v=XPPfWA2_c9A

don’t listen to these niggers OP, squats are gay

Leg press

Attached: 1645741566546.jpg (512x320, 34.3K)

>i hate them too OP but i refuse to turn up in a “skipped leg day” meme.
me

>Don't do the BB back squat it's too technical
>Do these more technical lifts instead
Leg press can replace it but lmao at thinking a clean or zercher squat is less technical than a BB low bar squat