/SIG/ How are you better than yesterday?

Too many demotivation threads and coomer threads disguised as "Who do you lift for?". Post helpful information for beginners, your own successes, books that have helped you, informative graphics, inspirations, changes in mindset that have helped you progress, ways that you have improved your health and Any Forumsness, and how you made discipline stick.

Attached: AtomicHabits_1book.png (1387x1794, 531.67K)

Qrd on that book?

Attached: 1648503255377.jpg (2500x1536, 1.09M)

yes QRD now OP

Attached: 1648667556187.jpg (4961x3508, 1.68M)

it's pretty good but you don't need to read the whole thing. Go to youtube and look up a synopsis on it. Essentially, you should be automating your life into a series of habits. It removes 'thinking' and saves time and lets your dedicate your processing power onto other things. You probably have some good habits in your life already that you're aware make your life easier, imagine how much more of a pain it would be if it wasn't automated. The guy that wrote the book is a pro sportsman i believe and he puts his success into having good habits which he kept up and helped him surpass his competition

>been stetching seriously for a few weeks
>day off
>fuck it
>spend literally all day stretching and watching jeopardy
>hold slav squat for half an hour
>can palm the floor when I bend over
>can touch heels to crotch when I do butterfly
>can touch ear to knee when I do hamstring stretch
>SI joint pain is gone
>back pain gone
>shoulder, neck, and jaw tension is gone for the first time I can remember
>almost feel numb because being tense there is just my baseline
I feel so fucking good bros

Attached: c3f.jpg (1082x695, 92.77K)

I disagree with this. people will pick up less concepts from the original books as opposed to self help books. Self-help books are based on these, but the watered down and slowly articulated versions of these books get the point across better.

An example is "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck" by Mark Manson which is just Stoicism for Millennials but it gets the point across better than picking up Meditations.

>The Art of War
nobody will pick up anything useful from this

Did you watch that video with the kid who studies 10 hours a day too?

this is the only book you need

Attached: redbook.jpg (724x541, 53.99K)

Haha yes, James Scholz I think. Very inspiring dude but I watched some more of his stuff and he was really running himself into the ground and seemed super depressed in every vid. had some good advice though and I used to put his rain study vids on in the background.

Attached: 9fc80908376ebab4f3d3bfca4ea6a914.jpg (480x360, 33.12K)

Tiny Habits is a better formulation of the principle of habit formation.

like a hamster proving he can run in the wheel longer than any other hamster. Either unaware, or unwilling to admit that he's trapped in a cage either way.

cringe
based
how do I find motivation in life?
feel like a trapped mouse

Oh dude sweet! I've been stretching everyday too and feel the same way. Feel better, lifts went up a bit when it felt good to move, happy with the progress and glad you're happy with yours keep it up brah.

Attached: DidYouStretchToday?.jpg (884x657, 126.95K)

i read pic related and didn't it find it to be that interesting or remarkable. i did however like the part where he recommends going to the gym for five minutes only to start if you're a complete newbie.. to build the habit. the rest was very common sense imo

>Mark Manson

Attached: 1653508944102.jpg (447x438, 15.72K)

I love a good /sig/.
Today I walked 2 miles to the gym, did 14 miles on the stationary bike, walked 2 miles back. today it was 105 degrees
damn that sounds comfy. do you have a routine or book that you learned from and recommend?

Damn bro i'm sorry to hear that. Honestly just start doing for yourself, lab mice are performers for researchers but you have the ability to perform for yourself. What did you do today for you dude? Not easy to start but persistence brings progress!

Attached: TwoBuddehs.webm (576x720, 1.49M)

What's your routine, user?

On your Wim Hof shit dude Haha! And I don't really have a routine, it took a few months of just trying all kinds of movements and finding what I liked (so I actually stuck with it and enjoyed it) then just doing them everyday and adding more difficult positions as I progressed. Just like with everything there is no real cookie cutter routine, just try and fail and improve brah. You have the ability to learn every movement so go do it!

Attached: b75426f5db49d98200d9f957f87bbaa0--head-to-toe-foot-pain.jpg (710x533, 76.98K)

A tragic character for sure, but his stoic resolve and mind over matter approach to getting his family out of poverty is admirable and inspiring.

nah bro I'm trapped there's no hope

is it even possible to QRD this book

How long have you bros been on that? Im on a stretching routine, but have not dedicated specific work to attaining the splits (the splits routine i used briefly caused performance issues with my cardio).

Honestly like 2-3 months for a full? Tbh started doing cossack squats, they're super Any Forums, and just went deeper and deeper until I could do a kind of split et voila bro.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 62.32K)

sure
>hurr durr I'm a gay retard boo hoo
pretty much that is what all philosophy pseuds say