At what point do you use the below

At what point do you use the below

> Belt
> Knee sleeves
> Wrist wraps

Attached: b2837vea.jpg (700x700, 37.14K)

>> Belt
provides real benefits no matter what what level of lifting experience you're on, no reason to not use it for your big main lifts unless your retarded routine has 0 core accessories
>> Knee sleeves
meme
>> Wrist wraps
meme
/thread

the belt is good for bracing. Learning to brace or reminding to brace and keep bracing.

Knee sleeves give warmth to the knees and can add kgs to squat if they are tight. They can also help with knee pain

Wrist wraps are good If your wrists are weak and or hurt. (fix weak wrists don't just use wraps)

Make sure it matches your purse faggot

>Belt
Never, actively assists the lift. Only use if you compete.
>Sleeves
Ony if recovering from tendonitis, otherwise actively assists the lift and should not be used unless you compete.
>Wrist wraps
If your wrists hurt or when doing max attempts. Does not assist the lift, so no concern.

>wearing anything at the gym
ngmi

also, ditch the shoes and straps.
Raw lifting best lifting

sleeves aren't a meme, and neither are wraps. you also don't thread your own post newfag.

“actively assists the lift” implies that belts do anything but provide a cue for your body to brace itself. they don’t move any other f the weight for you, they just keep you from breaking your fucking spine, dipshit.

>you shouldn't use things that assist the lift if you don't compete
why not faggot? If I lift more with them I'm getting stronger either way.

there's very little research supporting the idea belts prevent injury. they just make bracing easier and increase IAP. either way people who are purist about lifting with no belt are fags

they do though, not sure what weird cope youre experiencing

>belt
squats: above 200, deads: above 220
>knee sleeves
If Im squatting I put them on immediately as I start warming up, my knees are fucked and the sleeves help alot.
>wraps
Depends, I usually pull with wraps as I've gotten used to it and have no ambition to compete.

you mean straps right? wrist wraps are for wrist support and comp legal in raw PL.

>Belt
Always. Brace yourself against it.
>Chewing gum
Also always.

Oh fuck, I messed that up. Yeah I rarely use wraps. I sprained my wrist a couple of weeks ago so I use it for some movements that pull "to the side" of my wrist, like curls etc, otherwise no wrist wraps.

People who are experienced with using a belt and without using one can add up to 70 kgs to a lift when they wear one.
The belt assists the lift. Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just telling you how it is.
If your goal is to improve your strength, then what point is there in using a device that artificially inflates your lifting ability?
In competition, you should use whatever the rules allow, because everyone else will and its about throwing up the biggest number you can, even if you have to do gross shit like wearing a body suit and arching your back like a McDonald's sign.

>If your goal is to improve your strength, then what point is there in using a device that artificially inflates your lifting ability?
>artificially
retarded as fuck. if I'm lifting more weight by progressively loading, I'm getting stronger. The more load I'm lifting, the bigger I'll get. What you're saying basically boils down to "if you're trying to improve your strength, why are you using stuff that helps you get stronger". If you're not competing the rules with what gear, and what form you can use are even wider since it's all just personal progress.

Isn't increasing iap a good thing?

>muh artificial
barbells are artificial too by that logic, based clown
if you're so deep into this purity crap, then i welcome you to quit the gym and start lifting nothing but rocks you find outside
all belt does is make you able to brace in a way that is impossible to be reproduced raw
the same way barbells are artificially built for optimal and balanced lifting by humans
quit this artificial crap, it doesn't make you sound smart, it's the other way around

Yes. I'm just saying that there's no evidence that actually prevents injury vs beltless injury. belts can actually be bad hernias and you could go the other way too and say a beltlless lifter will be more load aware than a belted lifter.

that is the number one reason not to use it faggot, so you dont have to waste time doing core accessories

Sorry, you're the retard here.
Obviously you're still doing progressive overload, equipment or not. But if your 1rm is, say, 425 with a piece of equipment and 405 without it, then you can't lift 425. You can lift 405, and the piece of equipment can lift 20.
So what possible point is there in wasting money on this piece of equipment that adds 20 lbs to your lift, without actually making you stronger? Just to progressive overload without it.
Yeah, because the barbell lifts itself. You're not clever for taking a reasonable statement and extrapolating to an absurdity. You're a clown.
If you think the belt doesn't assist you, then I welcome you to do a 1RM deadlift with it, and then try the same lift without it.

>But if your 1rm is, say, 425 with a piece of equipment and 405 without it, then you can't lift 425
Yeah I can because I lifted it, dumb faggot.
>So what possible point is there in wasting money on this piece of equipment that adds 20 lbs to your lift, without actually making you stronger?
But it does make you stronger, I just lifted more weight with it.

>progressive overload is impossible without a belt
jesus my lord

No one said that retard.

>Belt is bad BECAUSE it helps you get stronger
The absolute fucking state of this board

The equipment is not part of you. It is outside assistance. Does wearing a bench suit mean your pectorals are actually stronger? Does wearing a slingshot? They don't. They are a way to store energy outside of your muscles which you can use to assist the lift.

it does not make you stronger, cause your core is not getting as much activation, by that logic equipped lifters are the strongest people on earth, cause it helps them get stronger

>hanging legs raise isn't part of his routine
unironically ngmi

Attached: 1654979099152.png (620x349, 321.67K)

A bench suit provides way more assistance than a belt, sleeves or wraps. that's why there's raw and geared powerlifting faggot. If I'm lifting more weight I'm bearing more load and will get bigger. If I can lift the weight, I can lift the weight. Simple as. And if someone wants to wear a bench suit, and a slingshot when they bench for fun its their choice.

Your core is getting as much activation it just makes it easier to activate your core since it gives you something to brace against, retard

Equipped lifters are still stupid strong and world class without their gear. Every person raging about gear is some weak shit faggot who doesn’t compete, doesn’t post lifts showing their superior strength and is bigot reddit

Is that for Star Wars cosplay

>A bench suit provides way more assistance
>more assistance
So you acknowledge that it provide assistance.
>If I'm lifting more weight I'm bearing more load and will get bigger.
You are not lifting more weight. If you set a cable stack to 150 lbs, and I apply 20 lbs of upward force on the stack to assist the lift, you are only lifting 130 lbs. This is what equipment is doing for you. If you lift 425 with equipment and 405 without it, when you put that equipment on and do your lift, you are still only applying 405 lbs of stimulus to your muscles.
>If I can lift the weight, I can lift the weight
You can't. You can lift what you can lift raw, the equipment can lift what it lifts.
I never said they weren't. I'm simply saying that equipment does what it does: it assists you, and it's pointless to waste money on it if you're not in a competition for lifting the most weight.