/fast/ - Fasting General

Pancakes Edition.
>Last thread:

>How do I fast/ safely do an extended fast?
It's easy! Just DON'T EAT. Anything with calories will break your fast - consume artificial sweeteners and zero-calorie drinks such as black coffee/ tea, Diet Coke, etc. at your own discretion.
If you're planning to fast for any longer than 72 hours, take your fucken' salts. Take Snake Juice*, or supplement electrolytes.

*SNAKE JUICE RECIPE:
2L Water
1tsp Potassium chloride
1tsp Sodium chloride
( OPTIONAL ): 1tsp Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) - makes its taste less hellish, recommended for longer fasts.
( OPTIONAL ):1tsp Magnesium
Mix and sip it throughout the day, don't drink all of it at once.

>What's IF/ OMAD/ ADF?
IF = Intermittent Fasting; fasting daily with a shorter eating window. 16:8 (16 hour fast, 8 hour eating window) is the minimum cycle. Beginners should start with this and gradually work their way up to longer fasts through weekly intervals.
OMAD = One Meal a Day, most commonly eaten within a one-hour maximum timeframe.
ADF (OMEOD) = Alternate Day Fasting. Fast for a day, eat for another, repeat.
>What are rolling 48s/72s/96s?
Rolling 48s entail fasting for 48 hours following a meal, refeeding (within a one-hour window), and repeating. It's the same senitment with rolling 72s/ 96s/ etc. It's recommended to refeed at your TDEE or higher with a low-carb and high-protein/fat content meal.

( Extra )
>How much weight will I lose per week?
It's dependant on your TDEE and stats; for each respective day you fast, you expend your TDEE. Universally, one pound of fat is 3500kcals.
(TDEE x average days fasted per week) / 3500 = lbs lost per week. Divide by 2.205 to convert to kilos.
TDEE CALCULATOR: tdeecalculator.net/

>Which fasting app do I use?
Install the free Life Fasting app and search John Boot in the circles tab to join the Any Forums group.

Keep fastin', user!

Attached: 1647924472204.gif (600x548, 982.13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/nehemiah_juan_97/
youtube.com/watch?v=OmmgIob--68
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Confess.

Attached: 28b.png (1229x1160, 33.24K)

replying to user from the other thread
>67143047

i'm not them, but here's his IG page. looks like he just hit 40 days of fasting.

instagram.com/nehemiah_juan_97/

fucked up the tag

I broke my fast with the greasiest fucking junkfood ever. I stuffed myself like a deranged little piggy, fat and grease oozing from my fingers. I even oinked a bit and couldn't contain myself. My mom sitting at the other end of the couch retched, so I growled at her and screamed for more. Then I vomited it all back up from eating too fast. I was so hungry that I didn't really care though and ate it all again.

Attached: 1572808778297.jpg (393x296, 55.39K)

It's official; Cole's a snacka now!
youtube.com/watch?v=OmmgIob--68
how do you respond?

>/fast/
>posting food on op image
fucking retard nigger ngmi

food is living rent free in your head bro

Please help:

I’m obese, drinking enough water and getting enough electrolytes (2tsp salt and nosalt) but I’m very light headed.

I was planning to go 40 days but if this doesn’t clear up soon I’ll have to break it this afternoon

Attached: 9943256C-3F92-4DA3-BA62-E2927289F03E.jpg (375x500, 28.64K)

I'm starting a 48 fast 9am Sunday to 9am Tuesday and ALREADY my defeatist weak brain is telling me I'm going to crumble and mess it up. I just can't imagine going without food for that long, and not being able to have a Coke Zero will make it harder.

ya, sorry. Gimme good OP images.

it's hard to break those habits user. you've been eating how many meals every day for your whole life. drinking soda for how long. if you need to, take small steps. go a week without coke zero, then go a week with some 24 hour fasts. you can't try to abruptly change everything at once, because you're more likely to fail. if you're really set on starting your fast on sunday, godspeed, but take into consideration that breaking these habits is going to be difficult, and are easier to do one step at a time. it might take a little longer, but it will make the start much easier.

this is the hardest thing I have ever tried in my life

Attached: 1648308045178.jpg (473x473, 27.41K)

Thanks, maybe you're right and I should ease myself into it.

About to complete my 3rd rolling 48 in a row. 3rd one was the easiest by far. Doing another 3 next week. WAGMI.

sup.fastbrash
22 hour IF here
progress is kinda stalling
wat do
not doing any liftan just cruising on fast

it helps. i've developed a bit of a caffeine dependence over the years, which i got mostly in the form of soda. over about a month, i stopped drinking soda and switched to caffeine pills, to eliminate a large amount of sugar from my diet. after i did that, i started consciously going for keto options for meals and smaller portions, for about 2 weeks. i also started drinking snake juice in that last week. after that, i've started doing my fasting and i entirely dropped caffeine, which i started this past week. i'm 47 hours into my current fast, and i've done a 40 and a 44 this week. if i tried going straight from my caffeine shit-diet lifestyle directly into fasting, i would have had a really rough time. the hardest part was still the caffeine withdrawal, so i might have delayed my fasting a week if i felt like i couldn't bear it, but i powered through it. someone else might have changed everything overnight, but i know what works for me. you'll get there user. WAGMI

i'm in the same boat, although i broke my first 2 fasts a few hours early for different reasons. i'm currently at 47 hours. this last one was definitely the easiest, so i've been thinking i might extend this one to a 72. currently down 9 lbs. gj on your progress user. WAGMI

not doing any liftan
just cruising on fast
progress is stallin frfr sans cap
wat do
22-IF'er here
wagmi frfr

>do omad religiously for 3 months
>after first week, don't even feel the need to eat more than a day anyway
>lost like 5-6 kilos
The only downside i felt was that i was feeling cold all the time. My legs and hands were cold and i felt more cold in general. Now back to eating 2 meals a day (my normal) and i don't feel cold anymore
Anyone else felt this? What could be happening? Input much appreciated

Anyone?

i've been a bit more cold than normal, although i work in server rooms so it's cold in there anyways. although i definitely think i feel more cold than normal. maybe it has to do with losing fat, so you're retaining less heat?

Digesting food generates heat

are you sleeping properly? how long has the lightheadedness lasted? are you getting any exercise? how many days have you been going so far?

48s then 72s
is it your first fast? How far in are you?
it gets easier user.

36 hours have a headache and a fever do I break it or keep going. Only doing this because money is tight I'm lean as hell

Your metabolism slowed down to compensate for lack of calories. Next time force yourself to do a ton of push-ups or sprint or something to tell your body to fuck off

Just came off a 98 hour fast because I felt nauseous, light-headed and had heartburn all at once. Went away instantly when I had some tuna and sardines. I cheated a little and got McDonald's but only a fish, chicken and beef burger with no sauce or cheese. Also had a protein shake after my walk and workout. Going to have a homecooked meal today with some other high protein food and then start the fast again. Whats annoying is I weighed myself yesterday morning and was 100.10kg and wanted to go another day of fasting to finally be under 100kg for the first time in over 10 years but I just felt too sick and had to eat. I've lost 35 kilos since March with fasting so another week or so to finally hit that milestone won't kill me I guess.

Attached: 1645971619881.jpg (901x676, 110.99K)

Day 5, getting plenty of sleep and no exercise today (yesterday I went for a two mile walk). It’s lasted since I woke up

tanks fastbrah
so answer is to fast more? i won't be able to do that. wat about lightweight volume liftan and doing light cardio with 22IF
imma 6'1" at 160lbs

Are you skinny fat?
Start lifting idiot

>won't be able to do that
its ez
>light lifting and cardio
no reason you can't do heavy lifting or heavy cardio on OMAD. you're eating every day. Even if you do 48s you can go heavy on the eating days