He doesn't train at least one martial art

>He doesn't train at least one martial art

NGMI

Attached: boxing.jpg (1200x675, 52.19K)

is bag boxing good to do on rest days?

Absolutely! Make sure you're moving around and not just standing still, you will get to know your body so much better doing it

what is the best martial art to learn if I only care about self-defense?

Concealed carry

Catch wrestling and Muay Thai

Running and rhetoric. It’s so easy to avoid confrontations by diffusing through dialogue. And if you want to avoid having to go to court and possible criminal charges, best to just run away. Other than that, they are all good but any striking is best as you’ll be at a distance.

Sleeping 3 hours less each night

Anyone ever done fencing? That looks fun.

HWD [huge white dick]

Loving this new meme

Martial Arts do nothing for self defense. They are strictly for entertaining cardio.

You really want to defend yourself, carry some good quality pepper spray or be prepared with the concept of force multipliers. Someone gets aggressive with you, you pick up absolutely anything you can get your hands on to hit them with.

I am looking for a webm, it's a guy who tries to head kick a robber then gets shot. it's a train station, it starts with two people sitting on a bench

The worst situation you can find yourself in in a street fight is with your back on the ground and a guy sitting on top of you punching down at your face. This leaves you with no chance of escape or ability to fight back unless you know how to wrestle.
So wrestling it is. You can do all the boxing and muay thai you want but when some random bum tackles you out of nowhere your martial arts are instantly nullified.
Wrestling > striking

I don't have friends, but sometimes I will wrestle myself

i learned taekwondo
it was pretty retarded since you only use legs but its great for flexibility

why are you relating a combat sports pic to a martial arts phrase?
also i just got my green belt in northern praying mantis.

depends on your frame and the instructor. theres no universal best.

Attached: 16549634531098694469154098108212.jpg (2448x3264, 3.45M)

Muay thai especially the banned techniques.

Void why are you in a german train?

>Martial Arts do nothing for self defense
As a lifelong martial artist I want to disagree so bad, but you're kinda right. Hitting pads or bags and learning kata do nothing to prepare you for real life violence. That being said:
Boxing and grappling, maybe BJJ but keep it off the ground. In a self-defense situation kicking leaves you vulnerable to being grabbed and losing your balance, and rolling around on the ground trying to get an armbar leaves you vulnerable to getting kicked in the back of the head by your opponent's buddies.
In a defense situation you need to stay on your feet, control the distance between you and your opponent, and finish the fight as quickly as possible. Chokes and submission moves are valuable to know if the opportunity presents itself and your goal is to break something, but ultimately your ability to win in combat is dependent on the speed and ferocity of your offense and your ability to create advantageous situations like using leverage, the environment, or a weapon. They don't exactly train you for those things, they have to be beat into you.

why are gloves and shorts so expensive :(

Attached: 1404323543912.jpg (640x819, 158.16K)

9€ Ticket, Brudi

on my next cut ill be picking muay thai probably
kicking shit seems fun

Boxing, Wrestling, BJJ, and Muay Thai are all good martial arts if you are just trying to become dangerous as fast as possible.

And I agree with , when he says you cant just do bag work or kata. You have to actually fight resisting opponents to get better at "real" self defense situations.

Judo is pretty good. Learning to stay stable, how to move, and how to take a fall. Learning take down techniques that don't require a gi.

If you're dealing with an instigator who is very drunk, you can be subtle and make it look like they just tripped rather than throwing punches and getting kicked out of the bar yourself.